It baffles me as to why some fans would be opposed to signing Ramsey. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It baffles me as to why some fans would be opposed to signing Ramsey.

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
He is young unlike Fiedler.
He has a monster arm unlike Fiedler.
He has a better TD/INT ratio than Fiedler.
And most of all, he is not Fiedler!

So why are alot of Fiedler/Wanne basher against giving up a pick for this kid?? Most Redskin fans think he has potential to be a top 5 qb in the right system.. and they think a run first system like ours would be perfect for him right now...

Teams would NOT be able to stack the box with his gun as a threat. Chambers would finally be able to get hit in stride on deep routes and our QB situation could finally be settled now rather than a year or two..

Ramsey in 04

Maybe that foot problem from last year never got better, maybe the Washington medical staff knows he'll never be the same. There are a lot of reasons.

Because he hasn't done a damn thing in his career thats worth giving up a first round pick for thats why. I don't want feidler , griese, or ramsey. He is a decent quarterback but thats not the answer. I haven't noticed his monster arm either.

I wonder if Green Bay fans were saying the same before trading for a certain Louisiana QB..

there are countless more reasons to want him as well
and he does have a monster arm
he put up better numbers than fiedler with teams playing the pass every single down and with blocking schemes that got him killed.
put 8 men in the box against ramsey and he can beat you, put 8 men in the box with fiedler and he can still lose the game.

if we can get henson for a 3rd rounder next year, than sure but the guys played what 8 competitive games in college and none in the past 3 years. how close could he be to starting in the NFL, who knows?

Rivers is basically the same type of prospect as ramsey, rated slightly higher than ramsey was when he came out, difference being we can start ramsey this year and have a good shot to win whereas we cant start rivers since he lacks the knowledge and experience needed to be successful on the nfl level... at this point i just want a qb but id like them in this order.

ramsey for a second rounder(maybe conditional)
henson for a conditional 3rd
rivers in the 1st if he falls to us

also have to remember if ramsey demands a trade he could come cheaper since washingtons hand is forced. And, ramsey has basically no cap number (1 mil or something) for the next 3 years or so which would be huge in an attempt to build the line around him through FA

Personally...I would like to get Ramsey...but that's my opinion...that's all it is. I've stated this in previous posts...I think Ramsey has proven that he can win in this league...he did all that with no running game...yep...zero running game...and he does have a gun...and I'm talking about his arm!!! He could be a perfect fit here in Miami!!!

hed be happy with a trade and a chance to start at this point, hes not really in a position to demand a trade and a huge contract, because the huge contract hasnt been earned yet, but we know hell be out to prove people wrong and if he takes us deep into the playoffs...

Originally posted by SkapePhin

Teams would NOT be able to stack the box with his gun as a threat. Chambers would finally be able to get hit in stride on deep routes and our QB situation could finally be settled now rather than a year or two..

But that would be true of almost any other QB we could get tho !! :lol: :lol:

I'm not against getting Ramsey, I don't feel he is worth a first round pick, and even though I don't know what Henson or Rivers will turn out to be, I have watched Ramsey play for two years and don't think he has proven anything as of yet.

The end result of all these different QB's that the Fins have been interested in will be that there will be a bunch of I told you so's regardless who it is the Fins wind up with.

Like I said I don't know if Henson or Rivers are the answer but I would rather take the gamble that they may be something special more then I would want to take the gamble on Ramsey at this point.

I wonder if Green Bay fans were saying the same before trading for a certain Louisiana QB..

I hope you are not comparing Ramsey to Farve. I dont know if he COULD be a farve like guy but I do know a comparison at this point is a huge stretch.
As for why some may not want Ramsey
-Give up a 1st round pick
-I have not seens the "cannon arm" perhaps others have not either
-Like Rivers or Henson
-Gibbs is trading him for a reason we may not know
-Tends to hold the ball too long
I dont personally hate the idea, it mean Jay wont start:D , but I would prefer Henson and that is why I would be opposed to Ramsey.

P.S. I doubt he will be traded.

Some of us think Ramsey is not worth the #20 pick overall.
Some of us think anyone including Ramsey is better than Fiedler.
Some of us think Ramsey has started and has statistically done about what Jay has done.

All the descriptions you used to describe Ramsey could be used to describe Ryan Leaf. Big, strong, etc.

Finally some of us think we should get Ramsey and Rivers/Henson.

We have seen Ramsey in the pros and frankly he is getting benched. Joe Gibbs is a pretty damn good coach and I respect his evaluation of talent. If he is sitting Ramsey it's for a reason.

You don't give up the 20th overall pick for a guy who wasn't good enough to even have the chance to compete for a starting job.

My opinion is Ramsey is a little better than Fiedler, about the same as Brian Griese, but not the franchise QB we are looking for.

I think Henson or Rivers could be and my vote is for Rivers. He did it all conisitentaly for four years, Henson played eight games.

It's all Rivers in fin-atics book.

He is young unlike Fiedler.
He has a monster arm unlike Fiedler.
He has a better TD/INT ratio than Fiedler.
And most of all, he is not Fiedler!

So why are alot of Fiedler/Wanne basher against giving up a pick for this kid?? Most Redskin fans think he has potential to be a top 5 qb in the right system.. and they think a run first system like ours would be perfect for him right now...

Ramsey in 04

The reason I am reluctant about Ramsey is simply because I havent seen him play much, and when I did he was not impressive. So it comes from my ignorance of what his upside is on the field. I also think highly of Gibbs, and if he is willing to let a young QB go for an older player like Brunell that concerns me about investing too much in him. I dont know alot about Ramsey, but I do know he hasnt won games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramsey is worth the number one. He does have a cannon for an arm and I say he performed well as a 1st year starter considering the philosophy of below min protection schemes. Plus he had little run support that he would have with Sir Rickey. Lastly he is young and can and will improve, and he can make all the throws.

Consider his age and his support, the scheme he played in and take all that into account and you will see he is worth it and he has 1 more advantage, he is ready to start RIGHT NOW, he doesnt have to sit and learn, he has already done that.

Back
Top Bottom