It baffles me as to why some fans would be opposed to signing Ramsey. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It baffles me as to why some fans would be opposed to signing Ramsey.

OK Fin, Jay proved to be better than Griese, so how is Griese equal to Ramsey if Ramsey is better than Jay? Griese suks eggs, the biggest problem with Jay that he will not be able to overcome is his lack of physical skills. Griese does not have the strong arm and mentally he isnt in the game. Ramsey started 1 year, 1! He also started on a team that set him up to fail, yet he performed well considering.

I have no problems with Rivers except is mechanics scare me a little, Henson I like but hasnt played in 3 years, throwing in sorts is diff than in pads facing a pass rush when you havent been hit in 3 years. Ramsey has the mental toughness and the arm, with the capacity to grow; he is ready to start now.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Ramsey is worth the number one. He does have a cannon for an arm and I say he performed well as a 1st year starter considering the philosophy of below min protection schemes. Plus he had little run support that he would have with Sir Rickey. Lastly he is young and can and will improve, and he can make all the throws.

Consider his age and his support, the scheme he played in and take all that into account and you will see he is worth it and he has 1 more advantage, he is ready to start RIGHT NOW, he doesnt have to sit and learn, he has already done that.

Rick Mirer was rookie of the year his first year and where is he now. Sometimes players just don't get better.

I really don't think that it is fair to judge Ramsey based on his performence is Spurrier's whacked out system. I personally like Ramsey and would love to have him in Buffalo. One thing I noticed while watching him play is he has poise in the pocket. He is not afraid to stay in the pocket and take a shot if it means completing the pass.

true, but apply your logic to all qbs and tell me who is guarenteed? None. Ramsey didnt set records, but he also made smart decisions and played admirably under constant pressure, he was hit every time he dropped back, but he kept getting up and still played well. He has shown nothing that suggest he doesnt have the ability nor the capacity to grow.

Is Rivers a no brainer 100% guarentee? If so he would be the #1 overrall. There is no guarentee. WHo has teh least risk?

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Personally...I would like to get Ramsey...but that's my opinion...that's all it is. I've stated this in previous posts...I think Ramsey has proven that he can win in this league...he did all that with no running game...yep...zero running game...and he does have a gun...and I'm talking about his arm!!! He could be a perfect fit here in Miami!!!

What is Ramsey's record as a Starter. I was under the impression that he hadnt had a winning season in the NFL.....

I havent seen him play much, and thought Washington had never done well under him.

Not for a first round pick. i want my first round pick to be Rivers. why a ramsey when i can have rivers for less? let ramsey go to the other teams so we can get a QB in the draft. i would give a second rounder next year and that is it.

This past year, Ramsey was 4 and 7 as a starter.......hardly worth a number 1 pick.

by that logic jay fielder is worth a first round pick since all he does is win games :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
OK Fin, Jay proved to be better than Griese, so how is Griese equal to Ramsey if Ramsey is better than Jay? Griese suks eggs, the biggest problem with Jay that he will not be able to overcome is his lack of physical skills. Griese does not have the strong arm and mentally he isnt in the game. Ramsey started 1 year, 1! He also started on a team that set him up to fail, yet he performed well considering.

I have no problems with Rivers except is mechanics scare me a little, Henson I like but hasnt played in 3 years, throwing in sorts is diff than in pads facing a pass rush when you havent been hit in 3 years. Ramsey has the mental toughness and the arm, with the capacity to grow; he is ready to start now.

BG is better than Jay. He has a stronger arm and is more accurate. To say he sucks eggs is not fair. I dont think he is great but to judge him based on 4 games in a new system, without a LT, against kearse and freeney, without a toe, and without a preseason is awfully tough. I would prefer to have him as the possible starter next year over Jay. Jay wins games but only meaningless ones. Every year he has been the qb the talent around him gets better yet the team is furthur from the playoffs. He HAS proven that he is not the man. Let BG start, get injured and the rookie take over. Jay is done.

You can hardly blame Washington's record on Ramsey...

Anyway, What had Favre done in the NFL before being traded?? All I know is that it seems the MAJORITY of Skins fans love Ramsey and think trading him would be like Atlanta trading Favre to Green Bay..

People were playing to shut down Ramsey.. whereas here in Miami. teams were playing to shutdown Ricky...

Ramsey was all Washington had last year, and he did well IMO considering the circumstances... The only thing that would worry me is if his leg is still a problem.. other than that, I think Ramseyis what we need.. He has impressed me ever since the season opener in which he beat the Jets.

And by the way, All the Skins fans are saying he is a high character guy, and a leader. Certainly no Ryan Leaf.

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
Because he hasn't done a damn thing in his career thats worth giving up a first round pick for thats why. I don't want feidler , griese, or ramsey. He is a decent quarterback but thats not the answer. I haven't noticed his monster arm either.

You make it sound like the guy is a 10 year frigging vet... He's only in his third season as a pro... Give it time and the right system...

Ramsey sure made Coles look pretty good.

What I like about going with Ramsey/Rosenfels (Ramsey for a cond. 3 next year or something like that) is that we save money for building the rest of the offense. This team needs more than a qb to be successful on offense. I would not be comfortable starting a rookie this year, and Ramsey wouldn't make me avert my eyes every time a 15 yard out pattern is called.

How good is Ramsey? I would like the find out. Even a first this year would be worth it to find out. He is already under a contract that we could not hope to get Henson or Rivers to sign. This will allow us to test him first.

For me.....

It just seems that this opportunity doesn't come around too often.

It's like the North said of General Lee, "Wish he was ours."

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly do not think we will be able to draft Rivers now...unfortunately. To me, Ramsey is now the best option.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
I honestly do not think we will be able to draft Rivers now...unfortunately. To me, Ramsey is now the best option.

Why? I think you are getting caught up in all the QB hoopla. When it comes down to it teams don't draft a backup in the first round. Who is in front of us that will take a QB? Some will look and admire but in the end if most of the "suspects" take a QB they will be neglecting their needs.

Chargers need O-line
Raiders need D-line, RB, and WR
Arizona needs a RB and a defense
New York O-line and secondary
Washington has two QB's
Detroit has their starter
Atlanta-Vick
Cleveland has holes every on defense
Jacksonville has Arnold
Houston is trying to ditch a QB
Pittsburgh They will not draft a qb
NYJ-Pennington