It baffles me as to why some fans would be opposed to signing Ramsey. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It baffles me as to why some fans would be opposed to signing Ramsey.

I bet we get Rivers. Who else is going to get him? Buffalo? Not with so much other need and Bledsoe already at QB. How much $$ do you think they are willing to tie up at the QB spot?

Ramsey has had a chance to play. I am sorry I don't buy that "in the right system" crap. Hell in the right system and with a good enough team around them ANYONE can win (see Trent Dilfer).

But good QBs put up their numbers regardless of the team. Dan did it for years after the Marks Bros. Vick does it in Atlanta, Couch & Holcomb have done it with Cleveland, Garcia with the 49ers, Plummer with the Cardinals, McNair when Houston wasn't very good, Carr in Houston is a great example.

Ramsey just hasn't done enough to meritt the #20 pick. I think when you look at all of them Henson, Rivers, and Ramsey, they all come with risk. Any of them could be a bust. That's why I like getting any two of them to increase our odds. But if it came down to one there is only one who really makes sense. That's Rivers.

Henson has played only 8 games and has not proven anything at the college level. He just "has talent". Ramsey has played at the Pro level and has yet to establish himslef, so he is digging out of one mediocre showing. Rivers has played four years, played great for four years, and even in the Senior Bowl against the best talent in college, he was heads and shoulders above everyone. He is your best shot at striking gold for a franchise QB. He just excels every chance he gets.

QB P. Ramsey is the best option IMO because.....

1. He's already groomed.
2. He can come in and replace Fiedler right away.
3. He's got a chip on his shoulder now. Something to prove.
4. His age. His upside.

Let's face it, this is like drafting a rookie who already has NFL experience. No other QB we're looking at has that....

Given the starting position, he'd probably be willing to come to Miami for a reasonable price as well. Henson would be on the bench, and wants big bucks. Rivers would also be on the bench for a whole year.....

We need to win now, and Ramsey gives us the best opportunity to do that IMO. This is a no brainer....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Originally posted by SkapePhin
He is young unlike Fiedler.
He has a monster arm unlike Fiedler.
He has a better TD/INT ratio than Fiedler.
And most of all, he is not Fiedler!

So why are alot of Fiedler/Wanne basher against giving up a pick for this kid?? Most Redskin fans think he has potential to be a top 5 qb in the right system.. and they think a run first system like ours would be perfect for him right now...

Teams would NOT be able to stack the box with his gun as a threat. Chambers would finally be able to get hit in stride on deep routes and our QB situation could finally be settled now rather than a year or two..

Ramsey in 04

I don't either. This QB corps has to get younger or else.

As far as Ramsey goes, he's not my 1st choice either, neither is Fiedler though.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom