It is almost like the Fins Coaching Staff are trying to play only the 1st half... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It is almost like the Fins Coaching Staff are trying to play only the 1st half...

Do you think it’s possible that Flores is in on the tank? He got a 5th year so I’m sure he understood the plan going in. Maybe he’s not unleashing his scheme/playbook totally. I mean, most of these players will be gone next year and if we hit on the qb, Flores could have this job for a long time.
I wasn't a fan of his hire from the get-go

Richard is who I wanted
I leaned Richard too but it was clear we were tanking from the day Gase was fired. Ross came out and said it. So it’s not like Richard would’ve been much better. This job may end up being very attractive next off season. It will be interesting to see if Ross goes for a big name coach.

0 points in the second half this year. And I think we’ve given up 81? That’s on the coaching staff. Anyone who just says, “tanking” really doesn’t know anything. Do you think we come out and get 200 yards of offense first half then the coaches are like alright let’s keep it under 50 yards next half and lose? Give me a break. They can’t make any adjustments.

0 points in the second half this year. And I think we’ve given up 81? That’s on the coaching staff. Anyone who just says, “tanking” really doesn’t know anything. Do you think we come out and get 200 yards of offense first half then the coaches are like alright let’s keep it under 50 yards next half and lose? Give me a break. They can’t make any adjustments.

I completely agree. It’s also absurd when people saying other teams just play vanilla against us and turn it on in the 2nd half. It has nothing to do with them kicking it into gear. It’s the in ability for our coaches to make in game adjustments.

Do you think it’s possible that Flores is in on the tank? He got a 5th year so I’m sure he understood the plan going in. Maybe he’s not unleashing his scheme/playbook totally. I mean, most of these players will be gone next year and if we hit on the qb, Flores could have this job for a long time.

It’s all about instant gratification. Flores and staff aren’t giving to us so a certain faction of fans gotta abandon ship and/or continue finger pointing and laying blame. Cause they could surely do better.

Remember, they’re all wanna be Billion dollar owners that just wouldn’t stand for this if they were in charge! They’re winners!! Not losers!!

Richard is who I wanted

Cause Richard coaching the team would somehow mean they wouldn’t be 0-4, right?

Richard is such a hot commodity that, remind me which job he landed instead of MIA again?

Got tired of people complaining that 4 quarters of tanking didn't look good. So compromised with 1/2 tanking and 1/2 slightly below average play.

I'll say it one more damn time. We need to hire a coach who has had success as a head coach previously. All these guys like Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano, Adam Gase etc. were NOT the answer. We haven't hired a head coach who had previous NFL success since Jimmy Johnson and the reason he didn't succeed in Miami is because his heart was not into it anymore.

It's probably a minor miracle we're going toe to toe with some of these teams for however long we're able.

When you are that overmatched, it is eventually going to show. Be it third quarter, fourth quarter, whenever.

There's no "talent infusion" adjustment we're not making at halftimes of these games.

I'll say it one more damn time. We need to hire a coach who has had success as a head coach previously. All these guys like Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano, Adam Gase etc. were NOT the answer. We haven't hired a head coach who had previous NFL success since Jimmy Johnson and the reason he didn't succeed in Miami is because his heart was not into it anymore.
If you think it's the coach, you're stupid. Flores was probably told by management this year would suck. Flores signed off on it.. They all know what the plan is.

0 points in the second half this year. And I think we’ve given up 81? That’s on the coaching staff. Anyone who just says, “tanking” really doesn’t know anything.

Anybody that says “coaching staff” really doesn’t know anything more.

You’re right in that it isn’t “tanking”. The coaches and players are trying. They’re losing because they lack talent. As has been pointed and seemingly ignored by the anti-coaching staff confirmation bias crowd, the roster’s greatest weaknesses are being exposed during the 2nd half. Once the Dolphins have to chase points, their pass protection is exposed. They are able to hide it a bit better early on. And their defense lacks talent and depth and wears down as the game goes along.

But by all means go on believing it’s just an X’s and O’s lack of adjustment thing and that some other staff could win with the limited talent this team currently has. That’s just naive.

It's probably a minor miracle we're going toe to toe with some of these teams for however long we're able.

When you are that overmatched, it is eventually going to show. Be it third quarter, fourth quarter, whenever.

There's no "talent infusion" adjustment we're not making at halftimes of these games.

You get it.

Spot on with the “talent infusion adjustment” comment. Lol. Wish I had thought of that.

If you think it's the coach, you're stupid. Flores was probably told by management this year would suck. Flores signed off on it.. They all know what the plan is.

Well if you don't think the head coach and his coaching staff isn't part of the problem we've had for the past 20 then you can't be helped.

Back
Top Bottom