It sucks guys, but we draft 25th | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It sucks guys, but we draft 25th

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
The playoffs do not determine draft order like the NBA. The only spots they determine is the Super Bowl determines 31st and 32nd.

We draft 25th due to having the 7th best record.

If we had lost we could have drafted as low as 19th.

I believe we are even behind GB due to SOS.

:lol: Oh well. If Ogun is gone, we may draft in top 10.

I doubt anyone gives up a top ten for him. I'd almost bet he goes to NE and they give up the number 32 selection to us for him.

Wouldn't it be ironic if we drafted 32 with all teh jokes about who we'd pick with the 32nd selection and we were drafting there, only w/o the SB trophy to go with it.

Nah.. I couldve have sword it was affected by playoffs! How could it not be? It wouldnt make sense..

If the Pats make a go for Ogun, the Phins will retain him...

It's true though. It doesn't make sense but it's the way it is.

Good news though, I believe we had a tougher schedule than GB with the Minn loss and we will go 24th.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
If the Pats make a go for Ogun, the Phins will retain him...

They'd better retain O-Gun. I'd rather see O-Gun out of the NFL than in the hands of the d@#n Pats. Maybe we can convince them to take Fiedler as backup for a draft pick. That'll hurt them more than us.

Maybe not all victories are necessarily good, i.e. this week's. Wanny had nothing to fight for, his fate was determined long before. A nice draft spot would've been better than a meaningless victory.

How would we ever have the money to match if the Pats go for him?

We have to clear 17 million JUST to get to the cap and then clear space for re-signing and draft picks.

There is NO CHANCE we could match a deal with a "poison pill" involved.

I read this, so I'm not taking credit for it. But a bad team could include a clause where O-Gun makes a ton of money as a bonus if they win say 8 games which we wouldn't match since we will win that much at least. Then they could redo his deal if they magically won those games which would be worth it to them then.

We couldn't afford a deal like that even if they tried.

Watch out for Philly to go after him. He played well against them and they are hurting big time for DE's that can take over a game after Douglas left. They traded up for McDougle and might still be looking after the year.

playoffs count if you have the same record as a playoff team the playoff team picks lower in the draft, we will be around 20 or so

Every other team in the playoffs is 10-6 or above.....assuming Baltimore wins tonight.

As long as we dont draft a RB, TE, D-Lineman,or LB we'll be ok.

Unless he's a stud at any of those positions.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
How would we ever have the money to match if the Pats go for him?

We have to clear 17 million JUST to get to the cap and then clear space for re-signing and draft picks.

There is NO CHANCE we could match a deal with a "poison pill" involved.

I read this, so I'm not taking credit for it. But a bad team could include a clause where O-Gun makes a ton of money as a bonus if they win say 8 games which we wouldn't match since we will win that much at least. Then they could redo his deal if they magically won those games which would be worth it to them then.

We couldn't afford a deal like that even if they tried.

Watch out for Philly to go after him. He played well against them and they are hurting big time for DE's that can take over a game after Douglas left. They traded up for McDougle and might still be looking after the year.

Better than in the hands of NE. That will hurt more.

"Its not where you draft, but WHO you draft" that counts....remember that fellas....thats why we've been so successfull for many years.

I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong. The draft order is determined by record & SOS for non-playoff teams. Then after the non-playoff teams come the playoff teams & their rank is determined by record & then SOS. You were right though about the Super Bowl winner picking 32nd & the Super Bowl loser pick 31st. I'll have a draft order link up after the Ravens Steelers game to confirm this.

Back
Top Bottom