It sucks guys, but we draft 25th | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It sucks guys, but we draft 25th

We beat the Cowboys they'll go before us. We beat the Ravens, they'll go before us. The Panthers will go before us.

Unless NFLdraft showcase is wrong with their system we will go either 24th or 25th.

I do remember that the playoffs do not determine the order. It's the records.

Originally posted by SMadison29
I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong. The draft order is determined by record & SOS for non-playoff teams. Then after the non-playoff teams come the playoff teams & their rank is determined by record & then SOS. You were right though about the Super Bowl winner picking 32nd & the Super Bowl loser pick 31st. I'll have a draft order link up after the Ravens Steelers game to confirm this.

We'll see.

If I'm wrong I've been misguided for years.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
How would we ever have the money to match if the Pats go for him?

We have to clear 17 million JUST to get to the cap and then clear space for re-signing and draft picks.

There is NO CHANCE we could match a deal with a "poison pill" involved.

I read this, so I'm not taking credit for it. But a bad team could include a clause where O-Gun makes a ton of money as a bonus if they win say 8 games which we wouldn't match since we will win that much at least. Then they could redo his deal if they magically won those games which would be worth it to them then.

We couldn't afford a deal like that even if they tried.

Watch out for Philly to go after him. He played well against them and they are hurting big time for DE's that can take over a game after Douglas left. They traded up for McDougle and might still be looking after the year.

we're not gonna be 17 mill over. the reality is more like 8 million (i've been told by a few Cap guru's).

griese and fiedler alone save us about 13 million, eveythings gonna be fine.

i know the idea of having 2 first round picks is great considering we've had 0 as of late. but miami's GM is gonna get rid of Ogun when miami has the best sack tandum in the NFL. not to mention that most 1st round picks are BUSTS by nature. how can you give up a sure thing, for a risk?

The Dolphins will pick 20th.

SOS only applies to the teams that don't make the playoffs. The order of the playoff teams will be determined by when they are eliminated. If two of those teams are tied, the SOS will be the determinant.

Since there are no 9-7 teams in the playoffs, unless Baltimore loses the game to Pittsburgh tonight, Miami will pick 20th. They will pick no lower than 21st.

Here's some proof already.

http://www.ourlads.com/sequence.html

The Broncos didn't make the playoffs last year & the Browns did. Look at their record now look at their SOS. Notice the Browns' SOS is lower than the Broncos yet they pick after them, same with the Jets.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

i know the idea of having 2 first round picks is great considering we've had 0 as of late. but miami's GM is gonna get rid of Ogun when miami has the best sack tandum in the NFL. not to mention that most 1st round picks are BUSTS by nature. how can you give up a sure thing, for a risk?

It's not a choice. There simply is ZERO room to resign him. Look at the Green Bay DE that was a restricted last year and who merely plays on passing downs and Philly was willing to take the tender and give him a $13 million signing bonus.

Not to mention Miami has a long history of running through DE's. So you sign a veteran guy and spend a 3rd rounder on one and see what happens.

As for the draft:

http://football.about.com/library/weekly/bl_draftbasics.htm

NFL Draft Basics

Order of Selection
• The team with the lowest winning percentage at the end of the previous season drafts first in the NFL Draft.
• The rest of the teams are placed in order from lowest winning percentage to the highest.
• The Super Bowl winner drafts last, even if they do not have the highest winning percentage.
• The Super Bowl loser drafts next to last.
• Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage.
• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.
• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.
• If a playoff and non-playoff team end the season with the same winning percentage, the non-playoff team selects before the playoff team.

Last edited by a moderator:
the Pats are $3,000,000 under the cap as of today.

as far as the draft goes the Pats have Balts #1 pic...#20
the Pats #1 pic...#32

the Fins #2 pic....#56

the Pats #2 pic...#64

the saints #3pic...#73

the crows #3pic...#80

the Pats #3pic.....#96

the Pats gave up a #4 pic for Big Ted Washington (I forget were the
Pats got that Pic)

the Pats #4pic...#128

the Pats will have $3,000,000 more after this year(we took a 3mil
hit when the Pats cut Chasser moilleehy)

life is good

Last edited by a moderator:
The order of the playoff teams will be determined by when they are eliminated. If two of those teams are tied, the SOS will be the determinant.

That's wrong too. The playoff draft order is determined the same way as the non-playoff draft order is except the winner & loser of the Super Bowl are dropped to the bottom.

Going by your method the last 4 picks of last years draft would have been Tennessee, Philly, Oakland, Tampa but it was Green Bay, Philly, Oakland, Tampa.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round1

I'm right, y'all fools is wrong.

We dont want him, where would he play? We play a 3 4 defense so he would not be big enough to play tackle so he would only be a pass rusher and the plus Patriots will not pay him 7 mil a year, Brady doesnt make 7 mil a season. We have the number one "D" in football it dosent make alot of sense to add a expensive situational pass rusher.

Originally posted by donshula
the Pats are $3,000,000 under the cap as of today.

as far as the draft goes the Pats have Balts #1 pic...#20
the Pats #1 pic...#32

the Fins #2 pic....#56

the Pats #2 pic...#64

the saints #3pic...#73

the crows #3pic...#80

the Pats #3pic.....#96

the Pats gave up a #4 pic for Big Ted Washington (I forget were the
Pats got that Pic)

the Pats #4pic...#128

It's not that simple unless you already rotated the picks. Teams with the same record have their picks rotate each round. For instance the first 4 picks in this year's draft are 1-SD, 2-Oak, 3-Az, & 4-NYG, but in the second round it goes 1-Oak, 2-Az, 3-NYG, 4-SD, & in the third round it goes 1-Az, 2-NYG, 3-SD, 4-Oak.

Get the picture?

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Root for Baltimore folks. If they win we pick 20th. If they lose we pick 21st.

It doesn't matter. They're in the playoffs, we're not. It's etched in stone that we pick 20th, unless we trade of course.

Yeah, i'm wrong about it. I've been wrong for a few years now I guess. Made the mistake of taking information and simply believing it.

But Madison, it's not the way to go about it being right calling other people fools and such.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Yeah, i'm wrong about it. I've been wrong for a few years now I guess. Made the mistake of taking information and simply believing it.

But Madison, it's not the way to go about it being right calling other people fools and such.

My bad. I didn't mean to offend you. I guess I should have put a smilie after it. Nothing personal. I follow the draft very close & know a lot about it & honestly about 5 years back I thought it worked the same way you did.

Back
Top Bottom