It's Chicago Bears Deja Vu Again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Chicago Bears Deja Vu Again

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I live in sunny South Florida, but I am starting to feel the bone-chilling cold of the "lake effect" from Chicago, the former residence of one Dave Wannstedt.

Bear fans will remind us of the hope Wanny brought them his first season and the continual decline in the years after brought on by poor personnel decisions (sound familiar?) Let's face it, Wanny is an excellent assistant coach who will always support his players first (see Jay Fiedler) failing to see the big picture, as only tunnel-vision, hard-nosed coaches, such as Shula, Lombardi, Noles, etc were so adept at. In fact, I feel that is the main difference between Wanny and his AFC East counterpart Bill Bellichick. Bellichick had no problem ejecting a great player like Lawyer Milloy because he has supreme confidence in his system and is focused on the big picture, winning. With Wanny, we always feel like we're witnessing a counseling session from Stuart Little of Saturday Night Live (You don't have Dumbo ears, everyone in South Florida loves you, and gosh darnit I love you!)

Back to the "lake effect" of this offseason....The chilling separation we are witnessing between Spielman's desire to turn this team around and Wanny's Florence Nightingale impression to save the dead weight that has caused us to miss two playoffs in a row is disturbing. It's "an every man for himself" attitude in Dolphin Land these days, with Marino jumping ship, Spielman saying "damn the torpedos," Wanny drowning in his own cesspool of bad decisions, and Huzienga apparently guiding this Titanic through shark-infested waters. This ship needs a rudder and quick.

If Wannstedt ever hopes to be a successful head coach in this league, he needs to take off his Girl Scout Leader uniform and grow some major gonads. The only thing we've heard from this guy is that he wants the most villified professional athlete in South Florida, Jay Fiedler, back at no pay cut. Didn't we just hear that AJ Feely is our new quarterback? I don't want to hear about your love affair with Fiedler, I want to know what in the h*** you're going to do about this team and what plans you have to get us into the Super Bowl. Does anybody think New England or Carolina was that much better than us last year? We need leadership now!

Yes, we Dolphin fans are tough. May I remind everyone that we are the number one winningest franchise in all of sports; we had the winningest coach of all time (Shula), the greatest quarterback of all time (Marino), and the only undefeated team in modern sports history (for all team sports). We deserve better. Will we be bitter like the Bears fans, or will we finally live up to the proud heritage of the greatest team in sports this year? It's up to you Dave.

That was the first perfect post ive ever read.:hail:

I'm having a moment...:cry: Ok the was the extent of my feminine side! Great post, we should find a way to sent that to DW so he can get his A$$ in the right direction instead of in front of Jay!

Did you say that this team needs a Ruddy or a rudder? Cause if you said RUDDY, we experimented with that before.... :lol:

Originally posted by FinFan57
I
Will we be bitter like the Bears fans, or will we finally live up to the proud heritage of the greatest team in sports this year? It's up to you Dave.

Disagree with this. It is up to Dave but it is also up to the players to get their job done. Remember..If Mare makes a kick vs New England we win...If Wade Smith blocks Freeney we win and with those two wins we make playoffs. Those are IFs though. But the New England Patriots had alot of IFs against them as well, but THEIR PLAYERS (not their coach) found ways to win games in the end. Visit the Indianapolis game...players with a good/cheap strategy and they stop them at the 1 yard line, 4 times straight. Oh yeah the coach had alot to do with that :rolleyes:

Nice post though.

add to that Mare makes one he should have against Texas, and we had yet another win. but even if all three of those games were W's instead of losses and Miami ended up with homefield thoughout, i dont think the 03-04 team would have won the superbowl. and that would mean Huizenga would have kept the status quo. and we would not be making the moves that have been made so far.

I agree with Prime Time on this. Who is blaming the players? Like Ray Lewis said, great players motivate themselves...

Maybe the reason DW is a "girl scout" because he constantly has to hold the hands of ***** players. Yes Dave has his hand in the cookie jar, but again it's the SAME THING WITH EVERYONE... Blame one person... Blame 2 people, never blame the team, it takes less time to write I guess.

I've said it 100 times, football is a team sport until we talk about the Dolphins, then we can single out a few people for the reason the team never gets it right...

The owner sucks
The GM sucks
The coaches suck
The players choke

Then the fans are blindsided and have the audacity to blame 1 QB and 1 coach... If Peyton Manning and Bill Parcels were here, do you think this team goes to the top? If so, feel free to pull your head out of your ***, this team needs major work, and it's time to rebuild. The players are old and choke every year (A nice motivational speech will fix that [/endsarcasm]), Only a few could care about a championship, this team is in major cap trouble every year, and the solution is "guarantee a contract, that way it'll hit us twice as hard within a few years!"

It would be nice if were as simple as Wanny and Jay... The team needs much more then that. But hey, when someone posts "Don't be so negative, we'll be fine in 2004" maybe you shouldn't ***** when we miss the playoffs again, because you'll be saying the same things before the 2005 season. Until all of the above changes, expect nothing less.

As a matter of act, I noticed a few people who have said "lets wait and see" yet made posts about how good the thread was (while it bashes the HC, and basically says we're on the decline, and are gonna lose again).

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Fisticuff Deuce
I agree with Prime Time on this. Who is blaming the players? Like Ray Lewis said, great players motivate themselves...

Maybe the reason DW is a "girl scout" because he constantly has to hold the hands of ***** players. Yes Dave has his hand in the cookie jar, but again it's the SAME THING WITH EVERYONE... Blame one person... Blame 2 people, never blame the team, it takes less time to write I guess.

I've said it 100 times, football is a team sport until we talk about the Dolphins, then we can single out a few people for the reason the team never gets it right...

The owner sucks
The GM sucks
The coaches suck
The players choke

Then the fans are blindsided and have the audacity to blame 1 QB and 1 coach... If Peyton Manning and Bill Parcels were here, do you think this team goes to the top? If so, feel free to pull your head out of your ***, this team needs major work, and it's time to rebuild. The players are old and choke every year (A nice motivational speech will fix that [/endsarcasm]), Only a few could care about a championship, this team is in major cap trouble every year, and the solution is "guarantee a contract, that way it'll hit us twice as hard within a few years!"

It would be nice if were as simple as Wanny and Jay... The team needs much more then that. But hey, when someone posts "Don't be so negative, we'll be fine in 2004" maybe you shouldn't ***** when we miss the playoffs again, because you'll be saying the same things before the 2005 season. Until all of the above changes, expect nothing less.

As a matter of act, I noticed a few people who have said "lets wait and see" yet made posts about how good the thread was (while it bashes the HC, and basically says we're on the decline, and are gonna lose again).

:crazy:

:sleep:

I kind of crigne whenever someone says we would have won against Indy if Smith makes that block. I seem to remember being down when Griese fumbled. He still would have had to throw a td to put us up and that wasn't a given. Smith cost us a chance at winning the game but he certainly didn't cost us THE game.

Originally posted by Fisticuff Deuce

most of us who said, "lets wait & see" are talking about AJ. I know I was one of them. I have more faith in RS than Wanny & Wayne combined. I have always said we need to let Wanny & Jay go. Not gonna go into my opinions on Jay but for Wanny. His coaching style hasn't really change ever since he started being the HC here. I believe he will won't change his style. actually, I hope he does, but I don't think he will.

i will stand by my comment on saying, "....nothing will change much as long as he is our HC". I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Your wish...

Originally posted by Dolphins_34
I'm having a moment...:cry: Ok the was the extent of my feminine side! Great post, we should find a way to sent that to DW so he can get his A$$ in the right direction instead of in front of Jay!

is my command. In fact, I believe this post is so right on I just mailed a copy to both Wannstedt and Huizenga and gave the URL so they can see where it came from. Doubt either will see it, but it helped me with my frustrations over this team.

nj

Back
Top Bottom