it's early but, your picks for afc championship this year... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

it's early but, your picks for afc championship this year...

Originally posted by Billsfan
Colts vs. Bills count it.

You Buffalo fans are great, you guys suck and you think you are going to the AFC Championship. It is hard to go if you have 3 good players on your team.

Ok that was mostly just a Joke but it could happen. I'll say the Browns and the Colts.

Originally posted by inFINSible
The Browns have Tim Couch, who is starting to play like he was a number 1 draft pick, they have a good O-line and a good defense and they are young, which means they'll get better, they are definately a team on the rise.
Pittsburgh better find another way to win besides Bettis, because Kordell can't be THE man.

The Stains have an appaling O-Line! They will have a top 5 defense this year if they can find one more good CB but they need two OL before they are going anywhere. One should come in the draft but whether that one will be good enough or not who knows?

As to Kordell, he has done nothing but get better over the past two years. He's been to the ProBowl and is no longer a running back who throws. We had the wrong game plan for the Pats. IMO we were outcoached that day, didn't make the necessary in game adjustments and that was that.

As to some other way to win other than Bettis - did you see us without Bettis for the last six games of the season? Did you see us stuff it up the Ravens on Monday night without Jerome? Bash away at success but the Steelers are no longer a one trick pony.

Phinmaster - good to see an advocate - the dolphins won't be too far away either. Fiedler is a lot better than people give him credit for and with Williams in town should blossom.

Watch for a Titans rebound next year - they may not win it but they'll be a playoff team.

Pittsburgh lost that game because of a few fluke plays in my mind (i.e. Troy Brown returns it for a TD)

Originally posted by Slaine

We had the wrong game plan for the Pats. IMO we were outcoached that day, didn't make the necessary in game adjustments and that was that.

No shame in that, so were the RAMS on primetime.

Incidentally, which part of England are you from and do you get involved in British gridiron at all (my nearest team is the Personal Assurance Knights, my first season of getting interested in the British league)?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Pittsburgh lost that game because of a few fluke plays in my mind (i.e. Troy Brown returns it for a TD)

...and special teams. our special teams sucked the big one all season. Good riddance Jay Hayes!

Originally posted by GazPhin
Incidentally, which part of England are you from and do you get involved in British gridiron at all (my nearest team is the Personal Assurance Knights, my first season of getting interested in the British league)?

I live up between Oxford and Reading so not too far from you in leafy Surrey. I played a couple of seasons for the now defunct Heanor Hawks (a very slow running back) and then found that when I moved back down South, all the local teams were just too high powered for me - I'm just not athletic enough unfortunately. :cry:

I've just bought a book on coaching (which is seriously in-depth) to learn more about the game and once I get settled (we're looking at moving soon) I may get more involved. Can't say that it's high on my priority list right now though.

So are you coaching or refereeing or playing or what?

As long as Kordell is your Q.B., The Steelers will never get to the bowl..... :rolleyes:

Colts vs Fins......................Hopefully at home!:happydrin

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I heard Kris Brown signed with the Texans. You must be very happy that he is gone.

Not yet he's not - the Texans decided that 'wide-right' was a good bet and worth $4.7M :eek:

I like Kris Brown - before the Heinz Field season he was one of the most accurate kickers in the league. He was also better at Heinx Field than anyone else and was still @ 80%+ everywhere else in the league.

So will someone else be better? Don't know - but the texans certainly gave us a poison pill contract. It'll mess with our cap to sign him.

Still - 4.7 is Jason Elam territory and Jason Elam he is not. I reckon we take a good rookie and say goodbye to Kris.

Originally posted by DolphinLunatic
As long as Kordell is your Q.B., The Steelers will never get to the bowl.....

Didn't see Fiedler at the ProBowl....

Kordell will be fine - there's only about five guys in the league that I'd prefer to him in our offense. There are better passers (plenty of them) but there aren't many better all round threats. He's also one seriously tough QB - he just doesn't get injured.

We'll get a good look at how they compare when we come to Joe Robbie stadium - hopefully it won't be under a foot of water like it was on one occasion that we played a few years back :lol:

Originally posted by Slaine

So are you coaching or refereeing or playing or what?

Unfortunately not, I kinda discovered teh Brotish League too old to play and no track record to coach. I'll be shouting for the team though. It'll help shorten the long off-season in Miami.

Overall, are you happy with the Pittsburgh offseason moves so far?

I think most of us feel Miami has done pretty well so far.

Generally happy, yes.

The three first round tenders (Smith, Zeruoue and Porter) were really good moves - particularly with the Texans hovering. Very happy there.

The Jason Gildon signing was good in that we got to keep our most productive sack artist and bad in that they probably gave up too much money. But hindsight is 20/20 and no one knew that this years free agency was going to be so bad.

Mark Bruener's extension (our TE) was key - with him in place we can run the ball on anybody. Towards the end of the season we missed him - particularly against New England.

The only signing I'm not so happy with is John Fiala (ILB). He's a career backup and hasn't shown anything to prove that he can start yet.

Other than that it'd be nice to have Earl Holmes (ILB) back but not crucial - Deshea Townsend our No.3 corner may well be locked up soon which is great news as he can really blanket a receiver, which leaves just a few other 'nice to have' type players to resign. Bobby Shaw (WR) made some clutch catches last year and I'm surprised that he didn't attract more interest in free agency. Hopefully we can re-sign him too.

That just leaves us next year's headaches - and there are some big ones coming up! All three that we tendered become UFA's and there are a bunch of other key people including our starting LG and LT, Alan Faneca & Wayne Gandy!

As for Miami, bearing in mind the cap problems that you guys were in I think you've come out of it very well. Ricky Williams has the pedigree if you can get the OL together to help him. If that comes off then you guys could be scary next year.

Depth is a bit of an issue I would have thought but you could say the same about almost every team there.

Back
Top Bottom