It's funny | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's funny

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We aren't losing football games, and still people want to get Jay Fiedler out of here, I just dont get it. Fine.... he's not winning us football games..... but guess what, he isn't losing htem for us either. WR are dropping passes, and the play calling is not htat great at all, especially in the second half, you can not put all the blame of the offensive struggles on Jay.

Now a lot of you people are calling for Griese to come in. I find this funny, because you are all probably the same people that were calling for Lucas to come in, and we all know how well that turned out. Griese has shown absolutly nothing, he was good for about 1 year with denver, and then it was all down hill from there. Griese has done nothing to prove he can or should start for the Dolphins. We aren't losing football games, Jay Fiedler isn't losing football games. Don't mess up our winning streak by putting in Griese for no real reason.

Not many were calling for Fiedler when he was playing well before his injury.

We are calling for him to play better which he has not. We are in the easy part of our sched. Jay will actually have to win us some games later in the year and the way he has played so far this season we will not win.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
We aren't losing football games, and still people want to get Jay Fiedler out of here,

Yes, being the kind of guy who likes to change the oil in my car BEFORE the engine blows up, and get new tires BEFORE they go totally bald and blow out, I would like to replace Jay BEFORE he starts costing us games.

How can you be sure he is GOING to blow games. You can't, it's not possible. You have no idea how he will do next week, or the week after, not a good analogy.

He has won us games in the past, and lost us games. If you want to take out Fiedler fine, tell me who we should put in, and it would have to be someone proven. I mean you wouldn't take the engine out of your car, for one you found in the garage?

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
How can you be sure he is GOING to blow games.

Because he's tried his damndest so far. Our D simply won't let him.

I think that sums it up pretty well. We're barely winning games that we should be dominating. We should have won easily today. Their defense was not that good. Since I can't see down the field on TV, I don't know if he just couldn't "see the field" as he should or the guys just weren't getting open. But all I know is that teams are crashing against the run and we're not making them pay over the top.

We aren't making them pay over the top because jay isn't getting enough time to throw from the oline, and when he does his WR drop the pass.

Rik, we try out damndest in december and always choke, so that means we are going to lose every game in december again this year and not make it into the playoffs?

Originally posted by Muck
I think that sums it up pretty well. We're barely winning games that we should be dominating. We should have won easily today. Their defense was not that good. Since I can't see down the field on TV, I don't know if he just couldn't "see the field" as he should or the guys just weren't getting open. But all I know is that teams are crashing against the run and we're not making them pay over the top.

Look, I'm no Jay basher, but the guy has been at best pretty mediocre. I would give Griese a chance, but that's a huge gamble at this point. It might hurt more than it helps.

Look, if we had Marino back there fine, but you don't pull your QB when your winning for a question mark.

i'm not a big Jay fan but here's what i see: we are being targeted by teams, as " the team to beat" on their schedule. we are facing every teams' best effort. kinda like the Bucs. when you have to face a war like that... every W is a credit to all team coaches and players and republicans and damnit, everyone has to want to win the war to get the win.

Originally posted by PhinKev

Look, I'm no Jay basher, but the guy has been at best pretty mediocre. I would give Griese a chance, but that's a huge gamble at this point. It might hurt more than it helps.

I would like to know how Griese could do worse. What? He's gonna throw interceptions? Jay already has that covered. He's gonna miss wide-open WRs running free for the end zone? Again, we have that now. I don't see any way Griese does a worse job than Jay has these last three games. He's not a Ray Lucas, he won't toss 5 INTs in a game. At worst, he will be as bad as Jay. If we're lucky, he might be a little better.

Look what Greise was doing right before he left denver. Injury prone, missing wide open wr, throwing about 3 int's a game. His tds and int are equal. That's how he could do worse. Plus he has no chemestry with the starting offense, and no timing with the WR.

Griese was not very decisive in this offense. Jay is. It's all about familiarity and experience. And THAT'S how Griese could do worse. A whole lot worse (which is scary). To dismiss that fact is negligent.

Re: Re: It's funny

Originally posted by RikWriter

Yes, being the kind of guy who likes to change the oil in my car BEFORE the engine blows up, and get new tires BEFORE they go totally bald and blow out, I would like to replace Jay BEFORE he starts costing us games.

I would like to know how Griese could do worse. What? He's gonna throw interceptions? Jay already has that covered. He's gonna miss wide-open WRs running free for the end zone? Again, we have that now. I don't see any way Griese does a worse job than Jay has these last three games. He's not a Ray Lucas, he won't toss 5 INTs in a game. At worst, he will be as bad as Jay. If we're lucky, he might be a little better.

From these 2 posts it looks like you would like to drain the oil and put in used oil from a different car. I have to agree with Muck. The possiblity of Griese having a meltdown in the middle of a game is the reason he should stay a backup for now. We probably have the 2 smartest QB's in the league. Unfortunately, outsmarting the other team doesn't always win the game. Physical execution counts a lot in this league. If and when Jay can't perform then I have no problem starting Griese.

Re: Re: It's funny

Yes, being the kind of guy who likes to change the oil in my car BEFORE the engine blows up,

There you have it..

Your Lexus Post Of The Day!

I haven't been happy with Jay's performance so far this season, but I also recognize, that he is the best we have folks. Griese has a bum toe and Sage isn't nearly ready to go. Fiedler does bring some things to the game that Griese wouldn't. Fiedler drops a block for Ricky today that I don't see Griese ever doing.

Fiedler will go head on with linebackers, safeties and linemen to scratch out that extra yard for a first down or touchdown. He is one tough mofo. He needs to make better deceisions when throwing the ball, but I say if he is still winning games, we have to keep him in there, for now.

Back
Top Bottom