It's funny | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's funny

I have the disadvantage of having only seen one game, the Buffalo game, since I am out of region. Since apparently my CBS affiliate seems to think I want to watch the Chiefs every week (they have been on EVERY SINGLE WEEK), who knows how many games I will actually be able to watch. Judging from the statistics, the highlights I see on SportsCenter/Primetime, and comments on the board, Jay obviously is not playing as well as we want him to play. But I will say this.....I do not think Jay should be benched until the team loses another game. Yes, the offense is kind of a mess right now, but let's also rejoice in how well the defense is playing. I mean, 30 points in 3 road games!! WOW!! The team cannot obviously do this forever and keep winning, but does anyone remember the 2000 Baltimore Ravens? That team rode their defense all the way to a title. That team went FIVE games.....count 'em.....FIVE GAMES in a row without ONE offensive touchdown in ANY of them. While Miami's offense has been sluggish, it has not yet reached that dismal level. So as long as the winning continues, then I will remain upbeat and positive that eventually the offense will click. And if it doesn't.....and another loss happens, well, then maybe give Griese a shot. For now I am going to enjoy the fact that the Miami Dolphins are 4-1 and in first place in the AFC East, with a huge battle coming up in a week against New England. Should be a great game!!

You are exactly right dolphind, that's the way it should be for the most part. I don't think Jay should lose the starting job at all this year unless he gets injured. We have nothing better then Jay.

Originally posted by RikWriter

I would like to know how Griese could do worse. What? He's gonna throw interceptions? Jay already has that covered. He's gonna miss wide-open WRs running free for the end zone? Again, we have that now. I don't see any way Griese does a worse job than Jay has these last three games. He's not a Ray Lucas, he won't toss 5 INTs in a game. At worst, he will be as bad as Jay. If we're lucky, he might be a little better.

Rik.... Your analysis is DEAD ON....
The problem you face is that you are talking to brick walls.
Any INT's are all the WR fault's and overthrown balls suddenly become "dropped balls". :rolleyes: (Because I know someong is going to chirp in on the last comment....Yes, I know many were dropped today...... I can admit that..... Jay misthrew many more balls than were dropped however. The Fiedler for All Pro crowd won't be willing to admit it though as usual..... The Announcers on radio and TV were amazed at some of his horribly thrown balls to open receivers.)
I've spent too much time trying to point out the obvious on these threads. You may just want to throw in the towel as well and save the stress!

Originally posted by Muck
Griese was not very decisive in this offense. Jay is. It's all about familiarity and experience. And THAT'S how Griese could do worse. A whole lot worse (which is scary). To dismiss that fact is negligent.

Agreed with that to Muck....
Griese may not be a better option at all. The biggest negative is the fact that he just hasn't had time in this offense and because of his toe injury he didn't have time to gel with any of the receivers.

Bottom line is that we were hoping to have an improved offense this year...... We do not at this point..... As a matter of fact, to me, it looks worse. We have a problem right now.
This Fins team is going to have to be carried on the back of the Defense once again if it want's to get to the super bowl. The D hasn't shown it can do that in the past. Hopefully this year it can!
Only bright side to all this is that the Defense has won us 2 games on the road completely on their own so far this year! That is a good sign!

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Rik.... Your analysis is DEAD ON....
The problem you face is that you are talking to brick walls.
Any INT's are all the WR fault's and overthrown balls suddenly become "dropped balls". :rolleyes: (Because I know someong is going to chirp in on the last comment....Yes, I know many were dropped today...... I can admit that..... Jay misthrew many more balls than were dropped however. The Fiedler for All Pro crowd won't be willing to admit it though as usual..... The Announcers on radio and TV were amazed at some of his horribly thrown balls to open receivers.)
I've spent too much time trying to point out the obvious on these threads. You may just want to throw in the towel as well and save the stress!

The thing is it would be much worse to have Griese in, I dont want to type it again, but look earlier to what I have written about it, and what muck has written, that sums up why it is much worse.

Back
Top Bottom