It's My Belief That To Be Successful This Upcoming Sunday...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's My Belief That To Be Successful This Upcoming Sunday......

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Mike Gesicki will have to become much, much more a part of the gameplan and stand out in order to have success against the "resurgent" Jets on their home turf. Assuming that it will be hard to run the ball and assuming that DeVante Parker will not play, Gesicki will be an invaluable cog for #RT17 to be able to check down to when necessary and create mismatches in the secondary, which looked quite good last night in Motown. Any opinions?

Agreed. Drives can't stall.

That pass we forced to him would've made more sense if we were at the 15 and not the 4 yard line. Gesicki is not Gronk. Gronk's body/shield is his primary asset. Mike's asset is his catch radius, I expect to see him in motion a lot more this week.

Eager to hear about Devante Parker's progression. I know he's much maligned around these parts but he's atop Adam Gase's depth chart so that counts for something in my book.

Mike Gesicki will have to become much, much more a part of the gameplan and stand out in order to have success against the "resurgent" Jets on their home turf. Assuming that it will be hard to run the ball and assuming that DeVante Parker will not play, Gesicki will be an invaluable cog for #RT17 to be able to check down to when necessary and create mismatches in the secondary, which looked quite good last night in Motown. Any opinions?

Though I agree with you, I think Gase as far as the TEs are concerned, may be more interested in the long term, rather then one game...Unless the young TEs prve to be ready, and the Dolphins absolutely need them, Miami is going to show very little Gesicki or Smythe...At least as far as the passing game goes.

Derby may see more action, then both our future star TEs...Until Bill, Tom host the Dolphins in New England.

I dunno, after reading that the jets D knew the Lions plays due to formation and Staffords hand signals, I'm not feeling quite as dreadful as all those turnovers certainly inflate offensive opportunities. Still nervous of course because the Jets are going to be super confident.

I dunno, after reading that the jets D knew the Lions plays due to formation and Staffords hand signals, I'm not feeling quite as dreadful as all those turnovers certainly inflate offensive opportunities. Still nervous of course because the Jets are going to be super confident.
I would rather have the Jets super confident than us thinking we had a cakewalk this Sunday.

Gesicki is another one of those what do I have in 2 years guys.

And until he learns to get physical with corners and give more contact than he takes he’s gonna continue to see teams defend him with them in the tight red.

He also needs to show more than a fade as a win option.

I sure hope 2 years from now he’s more physical in the stem and at the top of routes.

But I’m kinda doubting it. I see a lot of finesse rely on the climb the ladder athlete in that future

It’s like dvp but as a tight end ask.

Motion to get him clean releases and leverage wins and speed cuts what miami should be doing with gesicki right now if it wants between the 20s production.

I'm with Aqua somewhat- Gesicki will need 25lbs and 2yrs to really reach his physical potential.

While I dont look for him to be a major
piece this weekend by any stretch (nor do we need him to be), I do look for more contribution.

BOTTOM LINE- Gase likes him and will give him chances to succeed based on his attributes.

So look at him for the quick slants in space and seam routes where he is not called
on to outmuscle anyone.

3 catches this weekend is what i see.

25 lbs is A LOT. He's 6'6 247. Not exactly thin. 6'6-272 lbs is a 4-3 DE. He just needs to get more comfortable in his responsibilities and technique (pad level) and hopefully the physicality will come on a little more. Most taller guys (over 6'4) have issues with that stuff. He could always put on a few and get up to 260 but that's about all I'd want to see. JMO

I'm still a big believer that Gesicki will have to be a big part of the game plan this Sunday in order to be successful. Especially now with Sitton out, Tannehill may be under more pressure than last week and will need some extra check down options..............

Back
Top Bottom