It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks

Yep and you are gonna win just enough games because of this defense that you won't be able to land a top pick qb without trading the farm.

Which means all the eggs in 2018 will be in Ryan tannehills knee. And likely some mid round rookie pick cause gase isn't gonna let himself be in this same no upside situation again.

Defense has played better than expected so far, lets see if they can maintain and hold up, not an easy task especially if this O output continues.

I agree though, your going to have your number of epic suckage teams so unless your really bad not going to get one of those top picks.

It's highly likely that given there is more traditional pocket qbs in this draft class teams are going to fall in love with them at the very top of the draft. This isn't some read option and pistol qb draft class if the kids come out.

You are gonna have to pay a hell of a price to go get one and you no longer have a 500 yards per clip d to help you get there when the qb play is horrid.

It's gonna be tanny in 2018 folks.

I don't think gase is in start over mode at qb either.

As long as Ryan comes back and is fully healthy, im fine with it, can the FO draft well to help the other areas of the team?, big question mark.

Its going to take an injury to get Cutler replaced most likely though this year - not that the ceiling is much higher either way.

Cutler will get hurt soon enough. He's playing not to. That never works out.

I got my eye on one qb as tanny insurance in trade should the draft thing not work out.

We need a pocket progression qb for this offense. Pre to post snap read guy

I watched a qb last night who can't read coverage from tbe pocket for squat. The saving grace was the read option and he runs 4.5 and he doesn't run to contact.

Everybody and their mother going forward is gonna spy the qb and force him to make plays from the pocket.

Jay cutler is playing that kind of athlete game in a washed up arm and body and mindset that is don't touch me.

In a pocket progression offense.

It's a fail

Gase sees no reason to try to score or put air under the ball unless we are losing by two scores. Otherwise, his play book is all at the line of scrimmage. Boring!

I watched a qb last night who can't read coverage from tbe pocket for squat. The saving grace was the read option and he runs 4.5 and he doesn't run to contact.

Everybody and their mother going forward is gonna spy the qb and force him to make plays from the pocket.

Jay cutler is playing that kind of athlete game in a washed up arm and body and mindset that is don't touch me.

In a pocket progression offense.

It's a fail
Watson? He's an elite QB prospect surely you aren't talking bad about him

Defense has played better than expected so far, lets see if they can maintain and hold up, not an easy task especially if this O output continues.

I agree though, your going to have your number of epic suckage teams so unless your really bad not going to get one of those top picks.

We definitely have to worry about the defense wearing down but gase is gonna limit it as much as possible by how he calls the game with either of these two jokers at qb.

The run d stays top half of the league we have the sub and zone blitz package to get off the field

Our season is shot when the OL coach is dong lines in his office.
The OL play has been the worst. Culter has to running for his life every time he drop back. People here found out he has better pocket presence, because he is not getting his 'three seconds'. And people complaining he throws off his back foot. Set your foot or step up when in motion of throwing is the most basic fundamental of qb . It is taught in peewee league. I can't believe Culter suddenly forgot to set his foot. He did it because he is constantly on the move, backing up, defenders on his face, and don't want to give up a sack. IMHO, RT would have ten sacks by now playing behind this line.
With all due respect, I'm not seeing that. Cutler has enough time pretty regularly. He bails on the pocket prematurely and/or throws the ball without steeping into it. Lots of examples where he has a clean pockets and his accuracy is just poor or the throw is late. While the oline is ugh at best, he's terrible so far. And by no stretch of the imagination is this line even close to the the inept, steaming pile of cow dung that we put in front of Tannehill for the first 4-5 games last year.

Hoops, from what you are saying about Cutler....

f*** it. Put Moore in, he might not be able to read a defense well, but he is willing to try to win for the team and will give it his all. If it means more wins, less wins, I don't really care. Its about 2018 at this point.

This offseason we need to totally revamp the OL outside of Tunsil / James. Draft a true FS, a young qb, a TE, and OL/LBs.... we can have legit playoff hopes next year imo

The problem here is that it's impossible to determine whether the other offensive players' mistakes are attributable exclusively to themselves, or to themselves and Cutler.

An extreme and unrealistic analogy makes the point -- imagine starting a high school QB on the Dolphins. Would the other offensive players respond by giving more effort to compensate for the high school QB, or would their effort suffer due to their realization that no matter how hard they try, they aren't winning with a high school QB?

Such could be the situation presently on the team, only with Cutler, who may be giving the other offensive players not exactly the same low level of optimism a high school QB would, of course, but a woefully insufficient level of optimism at the NFL level nonetheless.

We are gonna waste this defense if we don't make a move for a qb. I'd try to trade for teddy bridgewater he fits the o they may part with him for a 3. Provided he is gonna be medically cleared. That would be my primary.

The other option is probably aj Mccaron but he's a heavy stays on his primary and stares it down qb

Send cutler packing if we make an add.

I hate wasting this defense and another year of cam wake cause the qb position is tragic

This is a good football team that's season is already over because of the qb play/options

I'll start by saying that the interception Cutler threw in the first half was absolutely dreadful, and 100% on him for throwing up a floater to a guy who was blanket covered with defenders all around him.

But what I'm seeing today is awful blocking and dropped passes. On that sequence alone we saw a straight up drop by Landry, Thomas failing to make a catch in traffic, and then another straight up DROP by Stills.

Landry and Stills dropped passes that would have given us first downs. And these were NOT the first drops I have seen today. How about Julius Thomas just straight up stone-handing the third and one pass on the last series before that? These aren't fastballs that are being dropped either, but soft, touch passes.

We don't need Matt Moore, we need multiple players to pull their heads out of their asses.

this isn't on the QB? good on him to avoid a rush but that's not a good throw AT ALL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom