It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks

I'm so tired of hearing that it isn't Cutler's fault. Cutler is supposed to lead the team, inspire the team, rally the team. Cutler is supposed to read the defenses and put his team in the best position to succeed. If this was a rookie QB we were talking about, I'd give him a pass, but a vet has to know when to audible..when to yell at his guys...and when to encourage them. Fact is, Cutler doesn't care, and THAT's the problem with this offense.

I think your analysis is spot on except for this part. I do think Moore could have made some of the plays we left on the field today and last week. Moore isn't going to throw a 20-yard dart or run the option, but he can move the ball far better than Cutler can. Moore will likely be responsible for 2 turnovers a game, but the way our defense has been playing, I can live with his 2 turnovers a game. I'm not saying Moore is a good QB, in fact the opposite, but Cutler is the worst QB in football right now. No doubt about it. Look at some of these terrible QB's that had a better day than Cutler today: Andy Dalton, Josh McKown, Kevin Hogan, EJ Manuel, Bryan Hoyer, Jacoby Brissett. That list is abysmal, and Cutler couldn't outplay a single one of them today.

The only thing I think matt Moore gives you more than jay cutler is give a damn.

Either way we are ****ed. It's reality check time fellas. Unless cutler starts making teams pay for all that single high and loaded boxes by throwing darts on timing routes and standing in the pocket to let progressions develop and take hits when he has to our goose is cooked.

The only saving grace right now is the run d. It's carrying us

If he's not willing to stand in and take hits you need to shift to more slight pocket movement calls etc the problem though is when he's been asked to throw tbe ball on the move regardless of coming forward or anything else he's been scattershot.

So where is the meal ticket from the qb? I tell ya where it's with Ajayi limiting his limitations exposure but it's not gonna happen vs loaded fronts unless he makes teams back off by making them pay from the damn pocket in sync with the route combos

We have one of the worst offenses I've ever seen going back 47 years to 1970

Our pure offense has 18 points this season averaging 4.5 points per game
Let that sink in for a while 4.5 pts pure offense

Our field goal kicker has produce 15 points...plus 2 xtra points
and our defense put up another 6 pts

41 total points in 4 games is absurd
We are the only team in the NFL without a rushing td

If Gase is such a offensive genius he has to right this ship
otherwise we'll be looking for a new coach this off season

It's not jsut Cutler making errors, but I think the whole offense is flat because of Cutler and their lack of faith in him and the version of their scheme that Gase is feeding Cutler.

This!!

Everybody looked bad but you really could see a sense of distrust in cutler. You could see the players walking to the sideline after he did something stupid like they just expected it and couldn't care less. I don't think anyone believes in him. Hell, the whole stadium went in to "we want moore" at least 4 times.
After finally getting a home game to actually see them i really believe he is a huge downer for this team and is limiting everything. It's time to roll with moore and accept whatever happens.

Good grief do i miss Tannehill. I believe with all of my heart that we would have dropped 4 TD's on them with a healthy RT.

Like hoops said, our season is basically shot (and was when Tannehill went down)

Here is what is keeping me positive:
-A much improved defense, that I don't see why can't be even better next year
-RT isn't taking all this punishment, this has to make the team reload the OL and try to build a pocket / running lanes.
-We should get a pretty decent draft spot

Im the biggest Cutler critic you will find and would start Moore at the next snap. But I do agree, its far from just Cutler. The entire O is massively out of sorts. But cutler is meant to be an expensive solution designed to take the O to the next level, not yet another problem.

I do think Moore would provide a shot in the arm and breath some life into the O. but yea a lot other players must step up aswell

Firstly, Cutler was not brought in to take the Offense to the next level. Some have said he would, but that is not why he was brought in.
Secondly, Is he to blame for the running game?
Thirdly, no I don't like him, but lets be real with some stuff.

Firstly, Cutler was not brought in to take the Offense to the next level. Some have said he would, but that is not why he was brought in.

So why was he brought in on big money then? To go 5-11? If he wont take the O to a different level than Moore why didnt we give Landry the money?

The signing seems even worse in your context!

If you have no passing game then the running game will probably suffer. Fake Gase quote, " Our running game is designed around a productive passing game".

What I dont like is before every single snap the playclock is run down to less than 5 seconds. I dont know that I've ever seen that before....also dont know what that means?

He just doesn't seem to have any sense of urgency. And the issue with running the playclock down matters when you're trailing (like the 2nd half of the Jets/Saints game). You gotta get moving and get some points and he's just kinda going thru the motions.

It's funny reading through the threads these days .the anti-Tannehill crowd using the oline as a crutch for the offense of failures. When Tannehill was the starter that was not allowed to be used as an excuse for the offense of struggles.

It's funny reading through the threads these days .the anti-Tannehill crowd using the oline as a crutch for the offense of failures. When Tannehill was the starter that was not allowed to be used as an excuse for the offense of struggles.

The line has always sucked. There is no harm pointing out where Cutler has managed the pocket and avoided sacks. My biggest gripe with Tannehill was he never did that the first 4 years of his career and it constantly put us in 3rd and long. He started doing that last year after a rough first 5 games and that with his combination of toughness and ability to hang in there and deliver the ball saw him make the best gains of his career.

People talk about Tannehill as the second coming . . . lol this is a QB who has never had more than 8 wins in a season, and just started last season 1-4. All of the theories regarding him is full of candies and rainbows, but never tangible. "Oh he would of beat the Steelers", "oh we would of won @Buffalo easily if he was playing" . . . Fact is he has never done **** and both Matt Moore and Jay Cutler has better/similar win percentages at QB in a Miami uniform than he does.

He ain't on the team right now and won't take a snap for 20 months with a 18 million dollar price tag. People need to stop talking about him for this season.

I am no fan of this current offense, but the hypocrisy in the whole process is funnier than any of it. It may never get better but I sure am giving it more than 4 games if we can give Ryan 70 to get it figured out. Tunsil's lapses have been the most disappointing part of this season. Just inexcusable for a guy of his talent. I can deal with the poor interior. At least Juwan is doing an adequate job.

Just a piss poor offense with a lot of issues right now and the QB should get the lion's share of the blame just like he will get the credit if they get it turned around.

Back
Top Bottom