It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks

People talk about Tannehill as the second coming . . . lol
Come on, you know I don't believe he truly is the "Second Coming". Relax. But if you can't see the difference between Tannehill and Cutler behind equally bad offensive lines, well I don't know what to tell you.

this is a QB who has never had more than 8 wins in a season, and just started last season 1-4
This still is a team stat. Tannehill also never had a defense better than #12 (yards given up) or #7 (points given up) in the league. And that was during his rookie season. Right now, the Dolphins defense is #7 (yards) or #4 (points).

The line has always sucked. There is no harm pointing out where Cutler has managed the pocket and avoided sacks. My biggest gripe with Tannehill was he never did that the first 4 years of his career and it constantly put us in 3rd and long. He started doing that last year after a rough first 5 games and that with his combination of toughness and ability to hang in there and deliver the ball saw him make the best gains of his career.

People talk about Tannehill as the second coming . . . lol this is a QB who has never had more than 8 wins in a season, and just started last season 1-4. All of the theories regarding him is full of candies and rainbows, but never tangible. "Oh he would of beat the Steelers", "oh we would of won @Buffalo easily if he was playing" . . . Fact is he has never done **** and both Matt Moore and Jay Cutler has better/similar win percentages at QB in a Miami uniform than he does.

He ain't on the team right now and won't take a snap for 20 months with a 18 million dollar price tag. People need to stop talking about him for this season.

I am no fan of this current offense, but the hypocrisy in the whole process is funnier than any of it. It may never get better but I sure am giving it more than 4 games if we can give Ryan 70 to get it figured out. Tunsil's lapses have been the most disappointing part of this season. Just inexcusable for a guy of his talent. I can deal with the poor interior. At least Juwan is doing an adequate job.

Just a piss poor offense with a lot of issues right now and the QB should get the lion's share of the blame just like he will get the credit if they get it turned around.
I understand that the line has sucked for years. But the Tannehill supporters weren't allowed to use that. A lot of people that dislike Tannehill certainly forgot that he was supposed to be on the bench the first two years of his career.

So why was he brought in on big money then? To go 5-11? If he wont take the O to a different level than Moore why didnt we give Landry the money?

The signing seems even worse in your context!

Cutler is not being paid "big money" by any standards of a quality starting NFL QB. $10 million makes him the 18th highest paid QB. You make it sound like he's being paid top 10 money. Gase knows Moore is not the answer for the entire season. What if Gase did decide to roll with Moore instead of signing Cuter, what would happen when Moore gets injured playing behind that piss-poor line? Bring in Brandon Doughty (LOL)? I think not. Gase needed to bring in another veteran QB, and given the bad timing when Tannehill went down, he figured Cutler was the best case scenario since he is familiar with the system and had some success in it. I think most of us figured Cutler may not play above Tannehill but at least keep the boat afloat for a season until he returns.

Cutler is not being paid "big money" by any standards of a quality starting NFL QB. $10 million makes him the 18th highest paid QB.

Right now I would happily take him playing like he was the 18th best QB in the league (or the 20th, or the 25th...)

Come on, you know I don't believe he truly is the "Second Coming". Relax. But if you can't see the difference between Tannehill and Cutler behind equally bad offensive lines, well I don't know what to tell you.

This still is a team stat. Tannehill also never had a defense better than #12 (yards given up) or #7 (points given up) in the league. And that was during his rookie season. Right now, the Dolphins defense is #7 (yards) or #4 (points).

After four games tho. We have had similar starts to the season on defense in the past just to falter later on and we would blame the "typical dolphins defense" that can't hold a lead over accountability on offense.

Nobody is disputing the poor start on offense, but what I can dispute is the lack of games and time the QB has had in the offense and its too early to jump to any conclusions on making a change at QB, especially to Matt Moore, who I absolutely root for, but even I understand his limitations.

Not a fan of discarding team W/L records . . .the best QBs tend to win the most games. Obviously exceptions but that is a theory similar to the most successful QBs are taken in round 1. Overanalyzing that leads to more candies and rainbows for guys that haven't proven anyhing yet.

Fact is, tossing Tanehill into the equation should fall on deaf ears at this point. Lets get 2017 sorted and then we can hit a long offseason and see if the guy ever takes a snap as a Dolphin in the regular season again. No question he is the top dog when/if healthy.

I understand that the line has sucked for years. But the Tannehill supporters weren't allowed to use that. A lot of people that dislike Tannehill certainly forgot that he was supposed to be on the bench the first two years of his career.

Weren't allowed? It was used after every loss lol

Boy, and people thought Tannehill was the problem. Tannehill is looking more and more like the Second Coming playing very well behind this line all these years.

THis offensive line is still better than most of the lines Tannehill played with.

What I dont like is before every single snap the playclock is run down to less than 5 seconds. I dont know that I've ever seen that before....also dont know what that means?.

Must be the only chance the offense has at giving the defense a rest. Heres an excerpt from his earpiece last game....

"Alrighty Cutty, we all know you have a cows chance in hell of getting a first down, so just run that play clock way down while our defense sucks down some oxygen. Great job buddy, keep it up!"

THis offensive line is still better than most of the lines Tannehill played with.

Outside of the very limited action Dallas Thomas got at LT, Tunsil is putting out some of the worst LT tape we've seen. Even Martin wasn't this bad.

This is as bad as Pouncey has looked in a Dolphins uniform.

Bushrod and Davis/Steen have been terrible. Maybe they aren't the bullrush victims that Dallas Thomas was, but they are whiffing on blocks at a higher clip than he did.

James has been adequate, a star compared to the rest, but he has his lapses as well and his run blocking continues to be subpar.

Honestly, this is as bad as they have looked IMO. Obviously up for debate but the mental lapses have been abundant.

Is what it is. If we want to compare a QB with 2015 continuity with his line and playmakers going into year 2 vs. a QB called up in August with no familiarity 2 years removed from the system and expect immediate results . . . So be it.

I will take my 2-2 and hopefully Adam Gase, Jay Cutler and the entire offense get on track and play a hell of a lot better than we have seen.

Dreaming about 17 being in there does nothing to help the situation.

The guy suffering the most is jay Ajayi and 2 elements share that.

But the all loaded boxes etc are a complete function of the qbs inability to beat teams from the pocket within the timing of the routes.

Cutler and Julius Thomas carry the worst 2 grades on o playing right now.

It's kinda like all offseason it was scheme this and scheme that regarding the d when it was all about personnel deficiencies all along.

Amazing what having 2 quality nickel backers the difference it makes. Plus guys being more gap accountable and solid adds like William Hayes and Charles Harris for the sub.

This place STILL doesn't know when to blame the qb and when to blame the oline

Today, I was specifically thinking of blaming the receivers. I'm sorry, but that drop by Julius Thomas in particular was absolutely dreadful.

When the quarterback does make a nice, easy throw right into your breadbasket, catch the damn ball.

Back
Top Bottom