Its not Jeff Ireland..Its Joe Philbin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its not Jeff Ireland..Its Joe Philbin

I made this except same thread weeks ago except I used paragraphs.

I agree with some of what you are saying but I think how you are presenting the Brett Farve situation is revisionist history and not the same situation as we have now.

First, don't you don't remember how many years Brett held GB and everyone hostage with his "I'm thinking about retiring act?" before the final year when he went to NY? We were so sick of that story! Second, don't you think having Aaron Rodgers in that situation is a little different than our situation at QB?

Look what they did when Brett Farve, maybe the best quarterback to ever play the game tried to hold them hostage...they said see ya, we are going to give the offense to Aaron Rodgers who has never played a snap in the nfl (or very little if any). Do you see them running out to sign big name free agents or cave when their star players demand big money?

Having said that, I agree we shouldn't do anything crazy and we should build primarily through the draft. I don't want anyone else's backup QB for a high price and I wouldn't trade up to get anyone not named Luck or RG.

LOL..yeah not even sure how I mistyped that.

But I DID use paragraphs dammit!!

I promise.

I think its time for the fans to ease up on these guys. The season isn't down the drain because weve been quite in free agency. With the draft coming up i feel we will make some good moves. Have some faith guys we gon make it.

Didnt read the whole OP. Click some enters to make it easy for us to read...

I would have no problem if they had said from the start that they would build through the draft and dismiss all free agents but since they didn't and failed miserably to land anyone of impact, to me is a "You don´t break up with me, I break up with you" situation...

Back
Top Bottom