IT'S OFFICIAL: TAIT *AND* WOODY coming in tomorrow! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IT'S OFFICIAL: TAIT *AND* WOODY coming in tomorrow!

The trick is not to let them leave till they sign on the ........... line!

I'm wondering if we did sign Tait if we'd move him back to his more natural left tackle position. Wade Smith wouldn't be a road grinder at right tackle so I don't know if I'd want that to happen or not.

Well, the tough part about Tait is that it is early in free agency and the offer we give him counts against the cap until K.C. matches it ( I should say if). So, we could have all of our money tied up in Woody and Tait and onyl end up with one and a week later get screwed out of Tait and possibly other targets we had due to lack of funds. We need to make sure that if we offer him a contract and lock our money up in him, that we get him.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
good!!!! now lets make sure they dont leave Miami!!!!!

It doesn't matter if Tait doesn't leave Miami. If the Chiefs match the offer he'll have to leave eventually.

Originally posted by REAL DEAL
The trick is not to let them leave till they sign on the ........... line!

Like I said, even if Tait signs a contract..it doesn't matter if KC matches. Personally, I think it's a waste of time...even though Tait's a great player.

Originally posted by dorologio
how is it "official"?

Because there was an "unnamed couple of guys coming in, and the local news blew the lid off and named the players, The Fins confirmed...thus making it Official.

I would rather sign Jeno James and Tait ...

this is great news, ricky williams have lanes the size on interstates who needs an all pro Qb then......
LT W. Smith
LG Damien Woody
C (Hence the Va in Vafinfan) Jake Grove #2 pic in draft
RG S. McKinney
RT J. Tait

with that feely and williams will be pressure free 90 percent of the time..... with good 5 year deals we tie them up and gel this group togther it will be dangerous..... who is arguing with Rick Spielman at GM now..... also i noticed that are old buddy Trace Amrstrong was released by Norv....... he would be a great replacement for ogunleye... he was awesome for us a few years ago with JT...... just a thought!!!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead

No, not really. Tait is a top RT to be sure, and Woody a top guard, but two linemen don't make an OL. We still have a relatively inexperienced guy playing LT, and two open starting positions at C and LG, with only Seth McKinney to fill one of them. I suppose we could make a push to draft Jake Grove with what we get for Ogunleye.

Tow seriously talented vets could help the young guys play alot better. I don't think McKinney would be that bad, and we could draft Carey who would be able to start right away at guard. I still really don't like Wade Smith at LT. How about bringing in Tait, Woddy, and Meadows and move 1 of the Ts to LT.

As of right now, we have no O-line to speak of, so the pressure is on to get some guys signed, I understand that. However, I don't think we should throw massive money at Woody and Tait.

Think we can afford to give these guys $6 mil/year each? :confused:

Other than getting them to sign some seriously backloaded contracts?

The Chefs have the right to match any offer on Tait, and Woody has some Super Bowl rings, so now he is looking for the "big payday."

I'd like to see the Phins work a deal with the Chefs, even getting the #30 pick would be good value in a draft this deep. We could work a deal for O-gun with them, with the understanding they let us have Tait. Then we don't have to come up with some nasty contract they won't match for him - but cripples us from getting any other FA's this year.

Woody? I bet he is going to shop around, and take the highest money. Be careful that he could become fat, rich, happy and no longer a player hungry to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom