IT'S OFFICIAL: TAIT *AND* WOODY coming in tomorrow! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IT'S OFFICIAL: TAIT *AND* WOODY coming in tomorrow!

Originally posted by Satchboogie
I don't understand what the big deal with Woody is. The guy has never came close to sniffing a pro bowl. The Pats, whose FO and coaching staff is argruably the best in the leauge (2 SB in 3 years) have such a low opinion of him they are just going to let him walk and replace him with a lineman (Russ Hochstein) Warren Sapp calls the worst in the league. You don't just let a good lineman walk away. This guy is overrated and is nowhere near a 5 million/year. Some team is going to get punked by signing this guy.

The funny thing is Dolphin and Bills fans are acting like he's the best thing since sliced bread. Beware! Tait is worthy! Woody is not!

First of all...he has been to the Pro Bowl.

Second of all, the Patriots offered to make him the highest paid interior lineman in the game....he turned them down.

try again.

Woody was a pro bowl alternate, that is at least "sniffing" the pro bowl.

and to compare Tait to Boselli is laughable! Boselli was a DIFFERENCE maker at OT!! he is one of the best tackles to ever grace the NFL, he was a dominating pass blocker and run blocker, one of those rare talents. Injuries robbed him of a great legacy.

Can you honestly say the same about Tait, a man that couldn't hack it at LT at the highest level?

No comparison, not even close. but Tait is still a good player, no doubt and an upgrade over Wade, but Boselli is in a league of his own, or at least he WAS.

THREE WORDS to FO....GET IT DONE

Make it happen, establish us once again to be one of the elite franchises in the NFL...

We need to protect our FRANCHISE....#34

He cannot take the beating he took last year!!!

And as far as Wade and the Oline...Good riddance...I did a play by play break down of a game last year (dont ask me which one, cant remember) and 85% of the playsthat were for minimal gain or negatives were the Oline deficiancy to hold blocks or follow through, and the main culprits, the Todd and Todd Show....

We averaged neatly 2 YPC more to the right than to the left this year didn't we? that tells you that Wade wasn't our weakest link.....

well i can tell you what i saw in one game, not in a whole season

Originally posted by aquaattak
I did a play by play break down of a game last year (dont ask me which one, cant remember) and 85% of the playsthat were for minimal gain or negatives were the Oline deficiancy to hold blocks or follow through, and the main culprits, the Todd and Todd Show....

I would really like to know how you knew what you were looking at. Did Dave or Norv send you a copy of the play assignments?

Did you count 3,5,7 step drops?

Did you know where Fiedler was suppose to be?

Did you have a microphone taped to Ruddy's chest to hear the protection call?

There are many factors to contribute to the FACT that you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

No offense because I am in the loss for knowledge column also.

Hey Section...I want to be on your Woody Bandwagon. I like him, and If we land him and Tait...our line will already be good then last years.

Like usual. You are wrong. Pats are letting him walk. Didn't think he was anywhere worth the money of any of the top linemen in the game.

Hey you were pretty sure Peyton Manning was a lock to come to Miami. You said Colts couldn't afford him. He wants to play in Miami. He wants to leave Indy. Colts would have to Cut James and others. Well lets see manning loves Indy. James is still on the team. The Colts have about the same Cap situation as the dolphins(8 million under). I guess you were wrong on every count there too.

Mr ruler of the universe....regardless of a 5 - 7 step drop, what call is made by Ruddy, or if i had your mic taped to his jock strap, when DLmen are continually (sp) blowing up plays, getting into the backfield by bull rushing our sub human olinemen, shedding half a$$ed attempts to block there assignments, it really dosent take a genius, like yourself, to see that....NO OFFENSE OF COURSE

I would really like to know how you knew what you were looking at. Did Dave or Norv send you a copy of the play assignments?

Did you count 3,5,7 step drops?

Did you know where Fiedler was suppose to be?

Did you have a microphone taped to Ruddy's chest to hear the protection call?

There are many factors to contribute to the FACT that you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

No offense because I am in the loss for knowledge column also.

Exactly dude. Its IMPOSSIBLE to scout offensive linemen from game tapes. What people don't realize is that every time a coach or scout decides to scout an offensive lineman be it for the draft or in free agency, they always make it a point to requisition the playbooks and play assignments from the player's coaches, detailed maps of quarterback pocket assignments, as well as recordings from secret wiretaps placed strategically in the Center's chest pads so that the scouts/coaches can hear the protection assignments. I mean if they didn't have these things their observations would be completely useless and they wouldn't know what the he|| they are talking about. ;)

I think I've made my point, heh.

ZOD don't get mad. I know that was harsh, but its all in good fun and I only did it that way cuz I felt like you were being a bit harsh on aquaatack...just remember its a joke.

Originally posted by Satchboogie
Like usual. You are wrong. Pats are letting him walk. Didn't think he was anywhere worth the money of any of the top linemen in the game.

Hey you were pretty sure Peyton Manning was a lock to come to Miami. You said Colts couldn't afford him. He wants to play in Miami. He wants to leave Indy. Colts would have to Cut James and others. Well lets see manning loves Indy. James is still on the team. The Colts have about the same Cap situation as the dolphins(8 million under). I guess you were wrong on every count there too.

I never said any of those things.........and if you understand the cap.....you know that Indy is screwed next year....and BTW, they did cut 4 players to be able to sign Manning.

The Pats offered him a contract that WAS THE BIGGEST CONTRACT EVER OFFERED TO AN INTERIOR LINEMAN (RG, C, LG).

James Will be cut or traded next year if you take a look at their cap charges........

And lastly, I do not appreciate you or anybody attributing things to me that I NEVER said....the Manning thing was a running joke here............I made that clear.

try again. cuz you :sleep: me.

THank you CK, I knew about the pocket assignments, but not the wire deal...Thank you for being more human like in your explanation.....:shakeno:

It will be quite tough to get Tait though he was a transition tag. If the Phins make an offer the Chiefs have 7 days to match. If they dont they get no compensation.

Originally posted by Section126

Tait gave up 3.5 sacks last year.

He is pretty close to Boselli.

Nobody was ever as great as a tackle as Tony Bosseli in his prime. John Tait is good but not great. We need a Right tackle at the moment and a guard. Tait and Woody Fill in the gap, but I rather see nails back in the offensive line with us and with damien woody at guard, john tait seems a good fit at right tackle. Barrett Robbins would be a good sign in at center.

you guys in miami block off the airports and freeways tomorrow to keep them from leaving.

Back
Top Bottom