Its Officially Brocktober | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Officially Brocktober

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
And it might only last through October. Dont get me wrong, let me get it out of the way at the beginning that I have no hopes and dreams about Brock Osweiler becoming the franchise savior. He had a great game today overall. but he still made some very poor decisions. He also most certainly had an advantage from playing a team who game-planned for two weeks for someone else. But he got the win against a vaunted defense and put up big numbers. Most importantly he came up clutch at big times in situations where we seem to always fail. Cant take that away from him.

Gase has made it clear at this point that he has no qualms about cutting or benching anyone. Hes cleaned out some of our biggest names, and hes cut players for one performance. I dont believe he can keep the locker room if he benches Brock. Hes all about execution and production, and we simply had better of both today then we had all season against the best defense weve played all season.

Look, I dont even necessarily think Brock is better than Tanny. Theyre both pretty similar talent wise. But this was the most enjoyable offense Ive watched this season. I very well could be calling for Tanny back half a game and two pick sixes from now, but you gotta ride with the hot hand and the momentum. Tanny simply hasnt proven he deserves his job by virtue of just showing up healthy. Brocks playing better right now. Maybe it was just for one game, but theres only one way to find out.

Weird then how Brock throws for significantly more yards than he has all year in one game against the best defense weve played all year. After seven years its time to realize Tanny is what he is.

If you think Osweiler had a good game passing the football, better go back and watch with someone who can break down film.

Tannehill will be hurt until Brock drops off, right Gase? wink wink

Weird then how Brock throws for significantly more yards than he has all year in one game against the best defense weve played all year. After seven years its time to realize Tanny is what he is.

...because the game was a shoot out, had to extra drives when we went to OT for the first this year and Albert Wilson took two short passes to the house for 125 yards. Come on bro have SOME perspective here. Brock played a solid game, as a backup...just like Matt Moore did in 2016, he deserves props. Just don’t forget Osweiler is on his 4th team in the last 18 months.

Last edited:
Is it me or did the offense just look like it had a little pep in its step with him in there vs 17? The offensive line look great, guys were getting open and we actually move the ball. It looked like we were not in a lot of third-and-longs and even if it was a third in 8 or 10 we had a good chance to convert.

Is it me or did the offense just look like it had a little pep in its step with him in there vs 17? The offensive line look great, guys were getting open and we actually move the ball. It looked like we were not in a lot of third-and-longs and even if it was a third in 8 or 10 we had a good chance to convert.

exactly that was so enjoyable to watch. Brock deserves a lot of credit, no he doesn't have the deep deep ball but he was in total control and always had good feet.

Catchy Title!

Not sure he starts next week though, but he might start again in 2 weeks if Tannehill still cant move the ball.

Yea, it just looked better, faster, less no or loss yardage plays. Believe me I don't think Brock is the answer but I liked what I saw. Kind of Bittersweet for me truthfully

If you think Osweiler had a good game passing the football, better go back and watch with someone who can break down film.

If you have a problem with close to 400 yards passing on the Bears I don't know what to tell you.

Tape will show me nothing. I've seen seven years of Tanny, I've seen all the tape I need. Like my original post said, I am not here saying Brock is the savior. But at least the offense had some life for a change. He's like a young taller Matt Moore.

Back
Top Bottom