Its Officially Brocktober | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Officially Brocktober

The one difference we saw today is that Osweiler hit most of his reveivers in stride. I don't care if a ball travels 50 yards in the air or 5 yards and is being run for 45. Wilson could not have had his 75 TD reception if Osweiler does not hit him in stride. The QBs job is to throw a pass to a freceiver and give him a chance to make a play.

On the other side if Wilson does not drop a perfectly thrown pass (1st drive) by Osweiler we may go on and score on that drive. Then again we may not. So much for cherry picking.

I read a few of your posts today and to be honest I pity you. We all know that Tannehill is the starter going forward. But you just cannot stand that we win with another QB. You did the same when Moore replaced Tannehill. Instead of being happy that we won with our backup QB you do nothing but whine.

You mentioned quite often the bounced ball. You know what Osweiler said in his interview? He said that on that play the football gods were looking down on us and he gave a boatload of credit to Stills for not giving up on that play. And he is right. More often than not we lose out on plays like that. But instead of being happy about it you are trying to make a case against Osweiler and for Tannehill.

How about you complement him on the 2 point conversion? He had to go down to his 4th option (4th!!!!) because the first 3 were either covered or fell down.

Osweiler did many things better today than Tannehill but he also made a few goofy ones which Tannehill may not. They are different QBs. Totally different.
But nobody will take Ryan away from you. He will be the starter when healthy just like he was when Moore was here.

Cool story bro...

And for what it’s worth, I am happy. Overjoyed in fact. Just because you can’t see me flipping cart wheels through a computer screen doesn’t mean I’m not happy for a win. I would t be a fan if I wasn’t.

However, the difference remains in the **** that gets posted here. It’s amazing at how polarizing this place has been let alone how it will be now.

This issue lays in the fact that most are now under the impression that Brock has been this secret weapon we have just failed to utilize and I’ve bought into the story many times before and it always plays out the same.

Brock is Brock and he played well today, can’t deny him that but that’s also the job of a backup is it not?

If he gets the nod by the coach that he’s the starter going forward than so be it. I cheer for the Dolphins. Let’s just be happy we won and try to keep the crazy claims that Brock is a god send to a minimum.

Last edited:
And it might only last through October. Dont get me wrong, let me get it out of the way at the beginning that I have no hopes and dreams about Brock Osweiler becoming the franchise savior. He had a great game today overall. but he still made some very poor decisions. He also most certainly had an advantage from playing a team who game-planned for two weeks for someone else. But he got the win against a vaunted defense and put up big numbers. Most importantly he came up clutch at big times in situations where we seem to always fail. Cant take that away from him.

Gase has made it clear at this point that he has no qualms about cutting or benching anyone. Hes cleaned out some of our biggest names, and hes cut players for one performance. I dont believe he can keep the locker room if he benches Brock. Hes all about execution and production, and we simply had better of both today then we had all season against the best defense weve played all season.

Look, I dont even necessarily think Brock is better than Tanny. Theyre both pretty similar talent wise. But this was the most enjoyable offense Ive watched this season. I very well could be calling for Tanny back half a game and two pick sixes from now, but you gotta ride with the hot hand and the momentum. Tanny simply hasnt proven he deserves his job by virtue of just showing up healthy. Brocks playing better right now. Maybe it was just for one game, but theres only one way to find out.
It was nice to see a QB that goes trough his progressions and doesnt lock into a Target, it was funny to see the defense guessing, for a change. Brock has less arm, less athletics and less long range accuracy than Tanny, but if he evolves with this offense and lowers His mistakes, we are better with him for sure. He scans the field and makes it harder for the defense. More inteligent and better use of the pockett. Some big mistakes but he passed the test on His first game with the team. Hope he starts next game to see if he improves and maybe we can have something at QB.

I watched the game, I must admit I came away impressed with Oswieler. Ive never really paid much attention to his NFL career. I learned a bit about him coming out of Arizona St during the draft. I think he played a good game. Better than any Tannehill game this year. Now let me explain why. I stated in a thread earlier that I see a fire in Oswieler that I dont see in Tannehill. After Oswielers first INT, walking into the tunnel you can see Oswieler was pissed about the play. The first Int was imo, wasnt all on him. Parker allowed the CB to dictate the play and close him in on the sideline. Now the second Int was just pure awful, can't get much worse than that. He played pretty good and I thought for sure we would lose this game. I apologize to Oswieler, I won't pass judgement on him for his past failures with Houston and Denver because when it mattered most, against one of the best Defenses in the NFL, he stepped up and won the game.

The one difference we saw today is that Osweiler hit most of his reveivers in stride. I don't care if a ball travels 50 yards in the air or 5 yards and is being run for 45. Wilson could not have had his 75 TD reception if Osweiler does not hit him in stride. The QBs job is to throw a pass to a freceiver and give him a chance to make a play.

On the other side if Wilson does not drop a perfectly thrown pass (1st drive) by Osweiler we may go on and score on that drive. Then again we may not. So much for cherry picking.

I read a few of your posts today and to be honest I pity you. We all know that Tannehill is the starter going forward. But you just cannot stand that we win with another QB. You did the same when Moore replaced Tannehill. Instead of being happy that we won with our backup QB you do nothing but whine.

You mentioned quite often the bounced ball. You know what Osweiler said in his interview? He said that on that play the football gods were looking down on us and he gave a boatload of credit to Stills for not giving up on that play. And he is right. More often than not we lose out on plays like that. But instead of being happy about it you are trying to make a case against Osweiler and for Tannehill.

How about you complement him on the 2 point conversion? He had to go down to his 4th option (4th!!!!) because the first 3 were either covered or fell down.

Osweiler did many things better today than Tannehill but he also made a few goofy ones which Tannehill may not. They are different QBs. Totally different.
But nobody will take Ryan away from you. He will be the starter when healthy just like he was when Moore was here.

Great post If this wasn’t so long I would make it my sig seriously I think these must b me Tannheills cousins or something. It’s a bizarre fascination with this very mediocre player

Great post If this wasn’t so long I would make it my sig seriously I think these must b me Tannheills cousins or something. It’s a bizarre fascination with this very mediocre player

Smdh, so we start with the attacking of me. Guess it took longer than I expected.

I’m no one of any importance so I would really try and out much to it past that.

I’m sick of the QB carousel. I’ve been a fan since Marino’sast year. Seen ever damn QB and supported them as long as they were under center. Still have all the damn jerseys I can’t even wear in public cause no one would even remember who they were.

Must be crazy that I actually think Tannehill is a solid QB and take a defensive stance on it more so than others because I believe such a thing.

Smdh, sad

Who is the better QB? Tannehill.

Who is the better QB for this team? That is a different debate.

We need to keep in mind that some of these players on both sides of the ball have endured years of sacrificing their bodies and minds for three and outs from this offense, so a new spark shouldn’t be so quickly dismissed.

I for one would like to see one more game of Brock if Tannehill isn’t 100%. Say what you will about our team, but this was the first week the offense didn’t look anemic barring trick plays.

Smdh, so we start with the attacking of me. Guess it took longer than I expected.

I’m no one of any importance so I would really try and out much to it past that.

I’m sick of the QB carousel. I’ve been a fan since Marino’sast year. Seen ever damn QB and supported them as long as they were under center. Still have all the damn jerseys I can’t even wear in public cause no one would even remember who they were.

Must be crazy that I actually think Tannehill is a solid QB and take a defensive stance on it more so than others because I believe such a thing.

Smdh, sad

I’m Sorry I don’t mean to insult you personally just an observation

Cool story bro...

And for what it’s worth, I am happy. Overjoyed in fact. Just because you can’t see me flipping cart wheels through a computer screen doesn’t mean I’m not happy for a win. I would t be a fan if I wasn’t.

However, the difference remains in the **** that gets posted here. It’s amazing at how polarizing this place has been let alone how it will be now.

This issue lays in the fact that most are now under the impression that Brock has been this secret weapon we have just failed to utilize and I’ve bought into the story many times before and it always plays out the same.

Brock is Brock and he played well today, can’t deny him that but that’s also the job of a backup is it not?

If he gets the nod by the coach that he’s the starter going forward than so be it. I cheer for the Dolphins. Let’s just be happy we won and try to keep the crazy claims that Brock is a god send to a minimum.
If you are overjoyed it certainly doesn't show in your posts. But I never will understand why people are always so infatuated what other people have to write about a QB on a forum. It takes away from the enjoyment of the game.

And when it comes to polarization you have to admit though that you are and have been just as much part of the polarization like the "other side". It has come to the point that neither side can fully enjoy wins when a certain QB plays or not plays (depending on which side you are on).

It pains me to see people fighting over miniscule things on a glorious Sunday when we beat a very good team we were supposed to lose against (regardless who our starting QB was). Osweiler or Tannehill? None of us has influence over that. The one who decides is Gase and we all know that Tannehill is his QB.

So why contribute to polarization when we should be celebrating 4-2?

Back
Top Bottom