It's So Crazy How... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's So Crazy How...

Raging Bull

Starter
Reaction score
Everyone was so hyped up after we killed The Patriots. But then we lose and it's like, OMG we suck so bad, we'll never be good, Harrington sucks, Chambers sucks, our DB's suck, OMG!

But you all forget all the big wins we've has this year against top tier teams. You forget that if it wasn't for the first few games where we were still getting aqcuainted as a team with new players and a new o - coordinator and such, we would deffinately be in the playoffs.

Sure this loss was bad, heck it was horendous, but all of a sudden we apparently suck and no one can see the ligth of day. Well I tell you what, that's not the case at all. We honestyl don't even need a superstar QB to be successful, sure it would be nice, but it isn't necassary. I am certain, between the QB's we have now, Daunet, Cleo and Joey, with a whole nother offseason of working and TC and preseason working with the recievers we can get it done.

We have seen what Daunte can do when he's healthy, we have seen what Chambers can do, what Booker and Welker can do. What Ricky and Ronnie can do together. So lets stop being like Detroit fans, and lets start supporting our team and who we've got!

We still got two more games to go, and regardless of who you think should start, let's support them aye?

Everyone wasn't so hyped after we beat the Patriots. I haven't been hyped after a win all year. 1-6 starts seem to leave a lingering sobriety over any false optimism that gets exuded here.

Oh okay, whatever you say pal. I know I felt good about shutting out one of the best teams in football, and being the first to defeat the Bears, and then beating the Chiefs and Vikes. I guess I am the only one then.

No you are right the people on this board are bi-polar one week we are great and all of this other stuff and now our whole team sucks and need to get rid of everybody, fire Saban and just suck for the next couple years so we can get some good players in the draft.

Raging Bull said:
Oh okay, whatever you say pal. I know I felt good about shutting out one of the best teams in football, and being the first to defeat the Bears, and then beating the Chiefs and Vikes. I guess I am the only one then.

you're not the only one. my friend is a pats fan and i was makin fun of him so much.

Nah we were all excited. and we were all really really excited after the patriots win. It's just, the way we lost to the bills, the way we came out soooo unimpressive and flat. It hurt to watch. Im sure it nearly killed to be a part of the team.

I dont think we suck though. It was just... a really bad performance.

I could not agree with you more. I loved this site during the offseason... But once the season started and all the haters started to write it pissed me off so bad that i barely read anymore. Everyone is so negative about everything. The thing that burns me the most is the Qb thing, It sucks bad that Culpepper rushed back into the season trying to prove himself to all of the fans and haters but unfortunately it didnt go his way this season. People freak out thinking he wont come back or ever play the same way again, His knee will be fine Hell look at mcgahee and how strong he runs now, and we know h can throw the ball. Saban made the right choice between him and not Brees ( you really think brees would be having the same year here?) and lets just wait and see what happens down the road, over the next 2-3 seasons. Lets see whos going to stay healthier longer and have more sucess. The biggest isse we are having is The offensive play calling, thats the only thing I agree on we should all point fingers on and slap murlakey for calling them. The biggest difference from last year and this year is that we took longer shots down the field last year rather than this year. They never stretch the field and create room for the Rb's to do there thing or help the oline out by geting a couple extra guys in the secondary rather than in there face ready to blitz or fill the gaps.

Everyone is entitled
to there own opinion but why would you always look for a way to bring down your home team rather than to pick them up and support them so they can do better in the future. There not going to make the playoffs so what has it killed us b4 in the past no... But we are getting stronger slowly but surely. 5 in a row is not an easy thing to do. Now can you imagine what will happen once they get a couple of other missing pieces?? Shoot look at the Chargers.... Eli Manning didnt even wanna be drafted by them and look at them now. Goes to show...
Take care,
Adrian :dolphins:

i was disappointed in the team this past week, but i am not going to cry and whine about it

i will miss not seeing the dolphins play for months, so i am still excited to watch the last 2 games
plus we got a shot to kill any chance of the jets making the post season

Raging Bull said:
naw...you ain't the only one

but i can still understand the other dude's sentiment

TampaFinsFan01 said:
Everyone wasn't so hyped after we beat the Patriots. I haven't been hyped after a win all year. 1-6 starts seem to leave a lingering sobriety over any false optimism that gets exuded here.
great SAT vocab

Sosa62 said:
I could not agree with you more. I loved this site during the offseason... But once the season started and all the haters started to write it pissed me off so bad that i barely read anymore. Everyone is so negative about everything. The thing that burns me the most is the Qb thing, It sucks bad that Culpepper rushed back into the season trying to prove himself to all of the fans and haters but unfortunately it didnt go his way this season. People freak out thinking he wont come back or ever play the same way again, His knee will be fine Hell look at mcgahee and how strong he runs now, and we know h can throw the ball. Saban made the right choice between him and not Brees ( you really think brees would be having the same year here?) and lets just wait and see what happens down the road, over the next 2-3 seasons. Lets see whos going to stay healthier longer and have more sucess. The biggest isse we are having is The offensive play calling, thats the only thing I agree on we should all point fingers on and slap murlakey for calling them. The biggest difference from last year and this year is that we took longer shots down the field last year rather than this year. They never stretch the field and create room for the Rb's to do there thing or help the oline out by geting a couple extra guys in the secondary rather than in there face ready to blitz or fill the gaps.

Everyone is entitled
to there own opinion but why would you always look for a way to bring down your home team rather than to pick them up and support them so they can do better in the future. There not going to make the playoffs so what has it killed us b4 in the past no... But we are getting stronger slowly but surely. 5 in a row is not an easy thing to do. Now can you imagine what will happen once they get a couple of other missing pieces?? Shoot look at the Chargers.... Eli Manning didnt even wanna be drafted by them and look at them now. Goes to show...
Take care,
good point. the chargers were the worst team in the nfl 2 years ago and now they are the best team in the AFC (record-wise).

It was great to whoop NE's a$$ but then to get shutout the next game, what kinda crap is that? We're too inconsistent. The team, AND this board. Whenever your team loses, there will ALWAYS be guys on a message board calling for someone's head. NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL boards. It's all the same.

Folks just dont know how to remain calm and act normal

Sosa62 said:
I could not agree with you more. I loved this site during the off-season... But once the season started and all the haters started to write it pissed me off so bad that I barely read anymore. Everyone is so negative about everything.

Speaking from a personal stand point, I was very excited going into the 1st week against the defending Super Bowl Champs.. But based on the way the team played that night.. it was a sobering dose of reality this team was not going to be as good as the hype..

Now speaking for the masses, when someone gets their heart broken... like us PhinFans, there is a sense of anger and confusion along with a mad scramble to analyze... I think this "negativity" you're talking about is us fans being without any control in the situation and all trying to figure out whats happening...

The thing that burns me the most is the Qb thing, It sucks bad that Culpepper rushed back into the season trying to prove himself to all of the fans and haters but unfortunately it didnt go his way this season. People freak out thinking he wont come back or ever play the same way again, His knee will be fine Hell look at mcgahee and how strong he runs now, and we know h can throw the ball.

Back when Saban elected to go with DC rather than Drew, I knew he made the wrong decision... However, none of us fans sat in on the negotiations.. so it very well could have been that Drew was asking for too much $$$ and DC was selected by default.... Regardless of why DC came to Miami, I held a complete open mind and hoped DC would come in here and throw TD after TD.. but when DC started off the season so poorly, everyone should have expected the door to open with all the second guesses and fan retaliation.. Looking back over the course of the entire season, I am more disappointed with the other offensive players than I am with our QB play.. Surely a well placed throw at key times would have helped... but all those dropped passes, missed blocking assignments and stupid stupid penalties.. Thats what really hurt the team..

Saban made the right choice between him and not Brees ( you really think brees would be having the same year here?) and lets just wait and see what happens down the road, over the next 2-3 seasons. Lets see whos going to stay healthier longer and have more success.

At this point of time.. all we have left is hope.. hope that DC plays up to his reputation...

The biggest isse we are having is The offensive play calling, thats the only thing I agree on we should all point fingers on and slap murlakey for calling them. The biggest difference from last year and this year is that we took longer shots down the field last year rather than this year. They never stretch the field and create room for the Rb's to do there thing or help the oline out by geting a couple extra guys in the secondary rather than in there face ready to blitz or fill the gaps.

Personally speaking, I don’t blame the OC... sure there were times that a different play should have been called.. BUT.... all the plays are designed to move the ball down field... So if the players could have executed the called play, then we wouldnt be having this discussion..

Once again, speaking from a personal perspective... Without any hesitation what-so-ever.. I primarily blame CC and RM for the failures of the offense... The dropped passes, blown blocking assignments, catching the ball with your body, tipped interceptions, lack of seperations... that set the stage for the poor offensive team play.. Surely you can point out each and every players mistakes and comment on how this is a team game.. But I feel very strongly in my conviction that had Randy and Chris stepped it up this year, the other players would have followed in their examples..

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion but why would you always look for a way to bring down your home team rather than to pick them up and support them so they can do better in the future. There not going to make the playoffs so what has it killed us b4 in the past no... But we are getting stronger slowly but surely. 5 in a row is not an easy thing to do. Now can you imagine what will happen once they get a couple of other missing pieces?? Shoot look at the Chargers.... Eli Manning didnt even wanna be drafted by them and look at them now. Goes to show...
Take care,

I think I am safe when I speak for the masses... We fans are tired of supporting a losing team.. Call us spoiled.. call us greedy or bandwagon jumpers or Jets fans in disguise.. call us what ever you wish... but the bottom line here is we arent Cleveland Brown fans... Don Shula ruined us with all those winning seasons.. and all those playoff appearances.. Wanny and Saban has given us.... SQUAT!!! Each preseason, we're all riding high in anticipation of beating the Pats, Jets and Bills and ending up on a high note in the playoffs... only to be disappointed with a total nuclear sized meltdown.. and probably the worst part of the entire ordeal is we all know the talent is there... and yet we (the team) cant seem to find the right motivation to have each player play up to their ability week in and week out...

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion

Why yes we are and this is my opinion and your free to chew it up.. spit it out or add your own opinion...

Back
Top Bottom