Its starting to sound like... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its starting to sound like...

I like R. Spielman, I'm not sold on him as our GM however. He's certainly got an eye for talent, but I think it would be better if he stayed at a consultant level for a few more seasons.....

He could be the guy. I wont rule him out completely....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

I like Rick Spielman. However, I don't like the idea of having him AND Wannstedt together. I think Rick is the type of guy who would let Wanny have a huge say in many of the decisions he faces(i.e. Fiedler.. oh god!).

Another thing to remember, Spielman was the one lobbying for Anquan Boldin last year. Wanny was the one who wanted to go with Moore. I guess it would be a bit different, as Rick would have more power/control.

Spielman was only following policy as a good man. As GM, he will simply look at Wanny and say, "this is who we will pick". its as simple as that.

See, I like the idea od Wolf coming on and passing his knowledge on to Spielman. I also think that Spielman has enough confidence in his own abilities to not bend to Wanny's will when they disagree. All Spielman has to say whenever they disagree is " Boldin" and Wanny should run off with his tail between his legs. :lol:

Let's get a fresh start...

I will be pissed if they keep Spielman...when people brought up Wolf as a mentor...that meant Wolf as GM and Spielman as an assistant...

Wolf as a part time consultant and Spielman as the full GM is not enough of a change.

Things havn't worked...why is that so hard to grasp.

PHIL SAVAGE or SCOTT PIOLI

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
I like Rick Spielman. However, I don't like the idea of having him AND Wannstedt together. I think Rick is the type of guy who would let Wanny have a huge say in many of the decisions he faces(i.e. Fiedler.. oh god!).

I totally agree.

Someone explain to me where the idea of Rick Spielman being Wannstedt's lap dog comes from?

:french: :french: :french: Please say it won't happen not with the quality gm's out there i might be repeating myself but Savage would do great things here, and speilman would just be a puppet IMO

I don't know why people believe that Rick is subservient. The rumor I heard is that he is more power hungry.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Someone explain to me where the idea of Rick Spielman being Wannstedt's lap dog comes from?

No one knows...just people who like to jump to conclusions...

:lol:

There is more to being a GM than draft picks.

Phil Savage and Tim Ruskell are quality candidates and hold the same job title that Rick Spielman has, but have they actually been the front men in trade negotiations? Have they negotiated a contract for a free agent?

The difference between Miami's Director of Player Personnel and other team's directors of player personnel is that Miami's does what a GM does without the final say. Rick Spielman was the guy on the phone with Randy Mueller getting the Ricky Williams deal done. Rick was the guy on the phone with Ron Wolf working on the potential Matt Hasselbeck deal. At the same time, Rick was negotiating a contract extension with Matt's agent that was agreed upon had the deal gone through. Do you know why that deal didn't go down? Rick had to hunt down Dave to get the approval. During the time that Rick and Ron agreed to a deal and the time that Rick actually got in touch with Dave, Mike Holmgren moved in and got the deal for Hasselbeck done.

What is Phil Savage's and Tim Ruskell's experience in dealing with actual pro contract and pro trade discussions? They don't have it.

IMO, there strength in the drafting department is canceled out by Rick Spielman's strength as a pro talent evaluator and negotiator.

Ron Wolf will help out in the drafting department in Miami as a consultant.

IMO, a combination of Ron Wolf as a consultant and Rick Spielman as the GM is the best thing the Dolphins can do. Rick has essentially done the GM job over the past 4 years, and Ron Wolf is a terrific draft guy. Rick can learn a lot from Wolf, and I think it will be easier for Rick to learn from Ron Wolf in the drafting department than it would be for Phil and Tim to learn on the fly about contract and trade negotiations.

Speilman will be a very good GM in this league, but I don't think he should be the GM here unless Wannstedt is gone. I thought we should have fired Wanny and made Speilman the GM, but with Wanny still around it just isn't a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom