Its starting to sound like... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its starting to sound like...

Why is it a bad idea when you know they can work together?

Who's to say that hiring Savage or Ruskell wouldn't be just like the Chicago Bears situation where they hired Jerry Angelo while having Dick Jauron in place?

The best thing for the Dolphins is to get someone that can work with Dave, because that's the hand the Dolphins are dealt. Dave isn't the terrible coach that many want to make him out to be. He has taken the Dolphins defense to another level in his four years, but he has been unable to get any consistency from the offense.

I think some of you just want a guy that will jump at the chance to fire Dave Wannstedt though.

I don't know where the rumor came about of Rick being Dave's lap dog. Unless you think it's coincidence that the Boldin story came out right when they are looking for a GM. Well I guess maybe some of the more gullable would be.

Spielman is a young guy and highly regarded. I don't doubt for a minute that he would ever let Wanny walk all over him. He wouldn't have made it this far as is as a lap dog. I think Spielman with final say with Ron Wolf as his consultant would be absolutely great.

That situation allows Wanny to have his say but in the end Rick will go with who he feels is best and have Ron Wolf as his confidant.

Exactly!

From what I've been told, Rick Spielman has "fallen on his sword" when it comes to some of the draft picks that have been made. While he won't let anything out publicly, he has told some off the record that there were some draft picks that he definitely had a difference of opinion with Dave on. The two most talked about are the Jamar Fletcher pick and the Anquan Boldin non-pick. Rick also hasn't been the staunch Fiedler supporter that Dave has been over the past few years. Rick would have made a greater effort in upgrading that position, and he almost pulled it off with the potential Hasselbeck deal.

Originally posted by Samphin
See, I like the idea od Wolf coming on and passing his knowledge on to Spielman. I also think that Spielman has enough confidence in his own abilities to not bend to Wanny's will when they disagree. All Spielman has to say whenever they disagree is " Boldin" and Wanny should run off with his tail between his legs. :lol:

[Wanny]"Yeah but from a defensive standpoint and perspec.."

[Spielman]"Boldin..now get the hell out of my war room sir."

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom