It's The Bye...speculation Abounds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's The Bye...speculation Abounds

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Blockbuster Trade For Phins This Off-Season?

usp-nfl_-preseason-seattle-seahawks-at-oakland-rai.jpg

There’s one option not talked about for the Dolphins 2019 QB… blockbuster trade

Phins are literally limping into their bye week… and their fans are figuratively crawling there with them.
Unfortunately, hope for the present and future of the franchise has taken an equal beating in 2018.
Whether or not Ryan Tannehill can get healthy and play well will be the biggest question for the remainder of THIS season. But for beyond 2018, Tannehill is far less crucial… because Miami still hasn’t found what they are looking for in a QB.
Whether Gase stays or goes, Phins must go fish in the Quarterback pool.
If Gase stays, he likely won’t have a leash long enough to develop anything but a blue-chip rookie. Given the Phins mediocre record, a blue-chip rookie is out of reach… even if they decide to dump a boatload of picks.
And so far, most of the veteran names being tossed around as replacements are nothing more than guppies.
So what to do, what to do… if Gase returns?

https://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolphins-news-blockbuster-trade-for-phins-this-off-season/

I wouldn’t mind kicking the tires on Carr but no way giving up that much for him. I would give them THill and Parker for sure but that’s it. Maybe a later draft pick as well. I think we first must address the entire organization Mr Ross. Let the new Head of Football operations person (Marino or Manning)who has a competent GM and head coach decide about the QB

No thanks....giving up the house for a marginally better QB than Tannehill isn't my idea of a smart move.....in fact, may push us farther away from contending than closer to it.

I'd rather continue to build and find my future QB in the draft.

No thanks....giving up the house for a marginally better QB than Tannehill isn't my idea of a smart move.....in fact, may push us farther away from contending than closer to it.

I'd rather continue to build and find my future QB in the draft.
Carr isn't even a marginal upgrade from Tannehill. He can't read defenses and he can't improvise or throw on the run, and now that Gruden has put Carr behind center instead of in the shotgun on almost every snap, he has exposed how bad that part of Carr's game is. No thanks to Derrick Carr. Not to mention Carr's contract is ridiculous. Too many fans on this site are so blinded by the "anyone but Tannehill" syndrome they don't even care if those other qb's they are calling for to replace him are even a significant upgrade or an upgrade at all.

I firmly believe our big QB upgrade will be to the backup Qb. Nick Foles and Ryan Fitzpatrick are at the top of my list for backup QBs. We need a proven guy so there isnt such a drop off and it will be worth the expense.

Why do people keep suggesting these lateral crap mediocre QBs for a replacement. Carr, Stafford, Bridgewater all of em. If you are looking at those types of QBs just stay with RT for God's sake. None of those suggestions are going to be an improvement.

Why do people keep suggesting these lateral crap mediocre QBs for a replacement. Carr, Stafford, Bridgewater all of em. If you are looking at those types of QBs just stay with RT for God's sake. None of those suggestions are going to be an improvement.

I'm against giving ANYTHING for a marginally better QB, and gets listed are marginally better or worse

I wouldn't mind ryan fitzpatrick on the team, he knows the AFC east inside and out. Plus he's not terrible, plus we could see how the whole fitzmagic thing would play out. Keep us entertained...

Funny thing, people are starting to realize the reality of the situation...

We could have had Drew Brees or Matt Ryan. Both QBs have thrown 21 TDs so far this year. Brees has one int and Ryan has three. And yet, here we are talking about trading for David Carr. Holy ****......what a depressing thought.

We could have had Drew Brees or Matt Ryan. Both QBs have thrown 21 TDs so far this year. Brees has one int and Ryan has three. And yet, here we are talking about trading for David Carr. Holy ****......what a depressing thought.
Who still has David Carr’s rights? Lol miami trading for a retired QB

I wouldn't mind ryan fitzpatrick on the team, he knows the AFC east inside and out. Plus he's not terrible, plus we could see how the whole fitzmagic thing would play out. Keep us entertained...
I think we already know how the whole fitzmagic thing would play out. This is only his second year with a 90+ QBR. He's going to be 36 turning 37 next November. He probably wants to be a starter next year anyway to cash in on his career year. He can probably make that happen since he'll be a free agent after this season.

Back
Top Bottom