It's time to criticize Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's time to criticize Ricky

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I know our Offensive Line has been awful this year, but they aren't the only problem. Ricky Williams is simply not as good a player as he was last year. He has only had ONE game where he got over 4 yards a carry, which was the first game against Houston. You can't just blame the offensive line for everything. They are a major part of the problem, but Ricky just isn't getting it done. What did he do today? He scored a 3 yard touchdown, but besides that. He really ****ed up on the last offensive play of the game by doing absolutely nothing when Freeney was right there. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Ricky is one of my favorite players on the team if not my favorite. I wear his jersey during all of our games, but honestly, he just isn't getting the job done. He hasn't been productive at all this year. Other RBs running behind bad lines are having good games. The only games this year where Ricky got over 100 yards were games where he had at least 34 carries.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I know our Offensive Line has been awful this year, but they aren't the only problem. Ricky Williams is simply not as good a player as he was last year. He has only had ONE game where he got over 4 yards a carry, which was the first game against Houston. You can't just blame the offensive line for everything. They are a major part of the problem, but Ricky just isn't getting it done. What did he do today? He scored a 3 yard touchdown, but besides that. He really ****ed up on the last offensive play of the game by doing absolutely nothing when Freeney was right there. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Ricky is one of my favorite players on the team if not my favorite. I wear his jersey during all of our games, but honestly, he just isn't getting the job done. He hasn't been productive at all this year. Other RBs running behind bad lines are having good games. The only games this year where Ricky got over 100 yards were games where he had at least 34 carries.

Nope sorry I can't do it. Ricky, Chambers, McM, and Griese are all positives. These 4 offensive players are players you can build a team around.

It's not Ricky's fault. I feel sorry for the guy.

They'll turn things around.

Oliver...

You could put Holmes behind our line and he probably wouldn't even break 60 yards.

He was one tackle away from breaking a huge one today..

I remember seeing one hole today..and that was when Minor was in.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
You could put Holmes behind our line and he probably wouldn't even break 60 yards.

He was one tackle away from breaking a huge one today..

I remember seeing one hole today..and that was when Minor was in.

Yeah, but he didn't break a huge one. Instead, he got 2 yards on the play.

The Offensive Line is not doing their job, but you can only put so much on them. Norv's run playcalling reminds me of Gailey. We only run up the middle. However, Ricky should still be doing more than he is doing.

Minor is a different kind of back then Ricky. He's good for a change of pace, but definately would not have been able to be the center of attention like Ricky.

You cant blame Ricky for this. Our O-line is very easily the worst in the league. I can count the number of times I've our offense open up on one hand.

Ricky is definitely not getting thru the holes fast enough when they are there, but to Ricky's credit his style has been one of a patient running who lets the block happen in front of him and then burst thru the hole. When he does that this year, there are tacklers all over him. HE needs to put his head down and blast thru the hole like Minor did on the 1 big run of the day

Ricky isn't getting any big plays over 20 yards like he did last year. His stiff arm is gone and he's not crashing the line hard and he's not a punishing runner. The Dolphins offense now does nothing good and that's not a good palce to be midway through the season.

Griese to our TEs looks great - Donald Lee looked like Randy McM. Randy Mc has 6/88 and Lee was 2-48

If Griese is given time, he will pick any D apart

Well thats a bad state when you have to rely on your TE's to be your strongest part of your game. Our WR's aren't going to get open fast enough for Greise. He as to let it go even if the play isn't there. He can't wait for them to get open. It's not a coincidence he was sacked 5 times. I think Fiedler would have been sacked only 3 at the most.

Ricky is also not getting the carries he did last year either....remember, Ricky was always most effective in the fourth quarter after the defense was beat up in the first three.

When he's not getting those 30 carries as he did, you don't see the 10 most effective ones he can have.....carries #20-30.....blame Norv Turner for this!

Originally posted by Sherif
Well thats a bad state when you have to rely on your TE's to be your strongest part of your game.

I think that's over-analyzing it a bit. They are a strength. And that's a good thing.

Our WR's aren't going to get open fast enough for Greise. He as to let it go even if the play isn't there. He can't wait for them to get open.

That's a very fine line. And Griese has to recognize it when it comes about. I believe he'll get better at it as time progresses with the team. I like that he wants to hang in as long as he can. But the improvement here will be good.

It's not a coincidence he was sacked 5 times. I think Fiedler would have been sacked only 3 at the most.

But he most likely wouldn't have hit any of the beautiful completions we saw today. Or he likely would have been intercepted.

Everybody has their strengths and weaknesses. I like Griese's over Fiedler's. :)

But wait, Griese fumbles too much when sacked (2 fumbles/6 Sacks). Oh wait, Fiedler has 3 fumbles and 8 sacks (which, for the slow people out there, is a HIGHER percentage than Griese).

Fiedler is done. Get over it.

As for Ricky, I'm a little disappointed in his season so far, but I think that the O-line has made him start dancing too much.

I agree Muck. I like Greise over Fiedler. A QB is supposed to pass and Greise has already shown he's the better passer. I hope we get better at blocking and Wanny said we'll get it fixed. But the problem seems to be as soon as we get something fixed something else breaks. We're healthy and we should be winning. It's frustrating when we lose.

Originally posted by Sydor25
But wait, Griese fumbles too much when sacked (2 fumbles/6 Sacks). Oh wait, Fiedler has 3 fumbles and 8 sacks (which, for the slow people out there, is a HIGHER percentage than Griese).

Fiedler is done. Get over it.

Before you go patting yourself on the back for correctly doing simple division, let's do a few more math problems:

For Griese:
2 fumbles/2 games = 1 fumble/game
6 sacks/2 games = 3 sacks/game

For Fiedler:
3 fumbles/6 games = .5 fumble/game
8 sacks/6 games = 1.33 sacks/game

Those numbers don't really make Griese look too good. On that basis, I would not be talking about Fiedler being done. If Griese keeps this up, he could quite possibly get hurt again and open the door for Fiedler (not to mention the possibility that he'll regain the job when healthy).

I really just don't get those of you who are willing to write Jay off after just two games with Griese at the helm. That's no more rational than calling for Griese to get the hook because he lost today...

Back
Top Bottom