It's time to criticize Ricky | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's time to criticize Ricky

I guess we are just calling for Jay to be done because we've seen him play and know what he's capable of doing.

I have seen Griese make more plays in those two games than Jay has all season. The fact remains Jay has better legs than Griese and does have more escape ability. I'll game that to him. How many yards does he average per pass game? How many INT's?

I think those two lines are more indicative of how the QB is playing as compared to the sack fumble numbers being more indicative of how the OL is playing.

A QB throws the ball. A RB runs the ball.

Unless you want Jay at RB, Griese has been a more effective QB.

We have seen the good of Griese, but is that the only thing Griese has to show us? We know that he has a history of discouragment affecting his play. I don't hope it happens, but it might. My point here is that while we can have our preferences for who we think would help the team more, we have to be in a position to support the person who gets the call. Both of these guys have spots in their past. Both of them have talents that make them talented enough to start in the NFL. Both of them have histories of poor health. In the end, neither one is the ideal starting QB for this team. I think that as fans, we just have to hope whoever is in there does the team proud.

Edit to add: I don't think Griese lost us the game today, and I was pleasantly surprised by a lot of what he did. It hurt to have his weakness kill the drive at the end, but that's how the game works sometimes. At least I'm not a Redskins fan -- that game was truly brutal.

Originally posted by Jimmy James

I really just don't get those of you who are willing to write Jay off after just two games with Griese at the helm. That's no more rational than calling for Griese to get the hook because he lost today...

I'm writing Jay off because of the 3 1/2 years that he has played for the Dolphins. He hasn't done anything to keep the #1 position and he has been outplayed this year by Griese.

This was supposed to be the year that Jay took the next step, he was supposed to come into his own because it was the second year in Norv's offense. His first 6 games showed that he has taken a step backwards. Unless Griese gets hurt, I don't see Jay throwing again for the Dolphins.

Wasn't this thread about Ricky Williams?

Yes, the o-line is horrible...but
its pretty darn close to last years. At some point you might have to direct a little criticism Ricky's way.

Bottom Line:
Its seven hours after the game...and I am still super pissed.

Originally posted by Sydor25

I'm writing Jay off because of the 3 1/2 years that he has played for the Dolphins. He hasn't done anything to keep the #1 position and he has been outplayed this year by Griese.

My whole point is that we haven't seen enough of Griese yet to know whether he is better than Jay. For all the storm and fury that has been this board for the past week, Griese still has stats that are more or less in the same ballpark as the ones Jay put up. Will his numbers stay superior? Will they improve? Will they decrease? None of us know. That's why it distrubs me a bit that you'd categorically shut the door on Jay even if the numbers bear out that he's the better option when we get farther down the road.

BTW, I must question your motives when you say that he hasn't done anything to keep the #1 position in 3.5 years. That sort of sweeping statement never sits right with me. I don't even know that most Broncos fans who wanted Brian out of town would use that sort of sweeping statement about him...

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I know our Offensive Line has been awful this year, but they aren't the only problem. Ricky Williams is simply not as good a player as he was last year. He has only had ONE game where he got over 4 yards a carry, which was the first game against Houston. You can't just blame the offensive line for everything. They are a major part of the problem, but Ricky just isn't getting it done. What did he do today? He scored a 3 yard touchdown, but besides that. He really ****ed up on the last offensive play of the game by doing absolutely nothing when Freeney was right there. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Ricky is one of my favorite players on the team if not my favorite. I wear his jersey during all of our games, but honestly, he just isn't getting the job done. He hasn't been productive at all this year. Other RBs running behind bad lines are having good games. The only games this year where Ricky got over 100 yards were games where he had at least 34 carries.

I agree. THE BEST analysis I heard about Ricky's situation was from an ESPN News analyst I heard talk about it the other day, which I couldn't agreee with him more. He said that Ricky this year is a a bit too patient when choosing his running lane. Last year he would explode of the handoff and use his power through the gaps. This year, he's thinking too much when he gets the handoff and takes too many small steps before he finally chooses his lane. Unfortunately, considering our O-line as well, the defenses are catching up to him. This was said before the Indy game, and I honestly think Ricky adjusted to this perception.

Although I love RW and do own his jersey, I also agree he has done nothing this year. He has been garbage to put it politely. Has done absolutely nothing...the O-Line can be blaimed, but can't be blaimed for it all.

Back
Top Bottom