It's time to grow a pair | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's time to grow a pair

Originally posted by T-Bone

More like Chris Carter was an act of desperation than anything else.
But at the time it was viewed as a bold big time move with a big time name.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Originally posted by juniorseau55
My take is, do we take the conservative approach? Can one player make a difference?

Thts a good question.

Personally, I think the answer is no.

We need more than one guy to step up. We might (stress the word "might") be able to get away with only grabbing a RT in free agency for the line, but that still doesn't address the WR question.

Best case scenario, we are 2 guys away.

More realistic scenario I think, we still need at least 3-4 guys that will step up.

I say we go out on the offensive over the coming weeks.

Trade Ogunleye for a first round pick.

Trade for Boston with our third this year or next year preferably.

WR is then set. If we draft Grove and Carey in the first, and sign Bobbie Williams, we have a dominating Oline. Draft a WR with our third this year.

Feeley, CC, Boston, Thompson, Colbert, Tolver, McMichael

Oline: Smith - James - Grove - Williams - Carey

Along with Ricky.

Our offense is awesome. We don't need to do anything on defense.

I'd much rather draft Oline

I think getting Boston would be positive because it would allow us to focus elsewhere. Right now our troubles seem to be a little widespread.

As much as I think we have signed some nice people so far, the o-line and recieving end of our game is incomplete. We also signed an unproven QB.

Getting Boston would resolve the WR situation and allow us to focus on our o-line and maybe (what im hoping) draft a good franchise QB for us to groom.

As for Boston 'solving' our WR problems....

I'm sure if you tried you could find this exact thread on a Charger message board from last season. How did it work out for them?

Just asking....

Well, since I want him to play for the phins, what the chargers fans though last season is the least on my concerns.

What you're saying is what was said about Ricky Williams when we signed him, and look how he turned out.

Also, as someone pointed out in another post, the problems with Boston started after his coach left, the coach he would be playing under if he came here.

Originally posted by touborg
Well, since I want him to play for the phins, what the chargers fans though last season is the least on my concerns.

What you're saying is what was said about Ricky Williams when we signed him, and look how he turned out.

Also, as someone pointed out in another post, the problems with Boston started after his coach left, the coach he would be playing under if he came here.

Big BIG difference between Ricky's problems and Bostons.

Ricky has his social disorder.
Boston was/is a drug using 'Roid freak.

Ricky had a couple of injuries, but nothing chronic or repetative, just bad luck.
Boston has chronic lower joint issues that have flared up the last few years because of his 'roid ravaged body.

Ricky produced when he was on the field for Nawlins.
Boston dissapointed when he was on the field for Dego.

Sorry, but completely different situations, we need to stay as far away from possible from Boston.

Originally posted by touborg
I think getting Boston would be positive because it would allow us to focus elsewhere. Right now our troubles seem to be a little widespread.

As much as I think we have signed some nice people so far, the o-line and recieving end of our game is incomplete. We also signed an unproven QB.

Getting Boston would resolve the WR situation and allow us to focus on our o-line and maybe (what im hoping) draft a good franchise QB for us to groom.

1. Boston is all they have outside of LT. We have A LT equal, McMichael, and Chambers. Getting boston will be equivalent ot having 2 #1 receivers on the phins

2. It was his first year, coming off an injury, to a team with an anemic passing game that played musical QB's.

He he still had a decent season. This is a no-brainer. He can block, he's one hell of an athlete, the alternative is to go WR with our #1 pick, and tell me, what are hte odds that he'll be better? He's a PROVEN commodity, has had what? 3 1k yard seasons, and he's only 25. Both those on teams with worse offenses than we have. We need to do this trade.

I think he did ok on the field though.

The only thing im worried about is the roid accusations. But I think it would resolve or WR problems.

Originally posted by phins1984
Every year miami tells the fans and anyone who'll listen that they know what areas of the team needs to be worked on. They have done a decent job so far, in free agency, but if they are presented with an opportunity to take that next "big" step towards a championship, they have to take it.

Granted there have been alot of rumors floating around (ie. Randy Moss rumor, David Boston rumor). If there is any chance of these rumors being true, miami has to shed it's conservative approach and go after it.

Miami has said that they need to get another receiver to take pressure off of Chris Chambers and to get teams to stop focusing on Ricky. Even though David Boston has some question marks, I feel miami has to make this move. Instead of getting some third string receiver and crossing their fingers, hoping he works out (Derrius Thompson), miami has to go out and get a proven receiver that opposing teams have to worry about covering. Plus Jerry Sullivan worked with Boston in Arizona and Boston had one of his best years ever.

Plus if miami traded for Boston it would free up other options for their 20th pick in the first round. That way they might not have to draft a receiver. They could look into drafting a QB or an offensive lineman. Plus their pursuit of linemen hasn't gone all that smooth, so far.

Also a move like this would at least show the fans that they are truly committed to improving this team and are taking some risks to try and get this team over the top, finally.
Another "grow a pair" thread? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom