J Criner--KC

Whitedolphin54

From the land of legends
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I just listened to Jim Criner from the KC chiefs that they agreed a contract with the Dolphins for Pat--only problem as far as he was concerned was that the Dolphins and Chiefs couldn't agree on draft choices-- He made it look like it was Dolphins fault on Brit TV as to why trade hasn't gone through--he blamed it on Saban's naivety(hope i spelt that right)

Long Live Saban--He already ruffle KC feathers

motioncityhifi

I Am The Movie
Reaction score
How is it the Dolphins fault?? KC knows the compensation and if they are two cheap to give up a 2nd for a PRO BOWL CORNER WHO IS UNDER 30, screw em.

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
It funny when the Cheifs call Saban a moron because he is asking for a 2nd pick. I guess that the Cheifs forgot that he is still a good corner and he has been selected to the probowl(injury replacement) this past year.

outlawd2u

Pro Bowler
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I think it's a stalemate between the two teams. They're both doing the smart thing really, I mean Of course Miami wants as high of a pick as they possibly can get, but KC doesn't want to give up more than they have to, or feel they should either. I still think Surtain will have to be moved THIS year one way or another in order to sign all our draft picks, and KC knows this

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I think that the Cheifs will give up their 2nd rounder, but they are playing hard ball to see if Saban will offer something else.

Noodleman

Starter
Reaction score
Its funny....

that Mike Mckenzie was traded to the Saints for a 2nd in this draft but Surtain isn't worth a 2nd? Tell me how that works! IMO, the Chiefs will cave by the end of the 1st round Saturday.

Phinsdude

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Mike Mckenzie got a 2nd rounder and a QB, possibly another pick. We can't even get a second for a better player. We need the top 3 corners to go early.

His Dudeness

Active Roster
Reaction score
KC is just trying to play hardball, they'll cave, they'd rather trade us the 2nd round pick than have randy moss burn them twice a year and the whole front office be fired because they were stupid with managing the defense again.

cad

Rookie
Reaction score
Dream on

Blub

Carl Peterson was just on KCMO 710 and said they are still working on a possible Surtain Contract/Miami Compensation nothing is in place !!!
And the possible trade has to happen before the draft because of the contract extension (Surtain has to sign with Miami).

And who is Jim Criner ?

jlfin

old pro
Reaction score
outlawd2u said:
I think it's a stalemate between the two teams. They're both doing the smart thing really, I mean Of course Miami wants as high of a pick as they possibly can get, but KC doesn't want to give up more than they have to, or feel they should either. I still think Surtain will have to be moved THIS year one way or another in order to sign all our draft picks, and KC knows this
No, Miami only wants fair value for Surtain. KC wants the phins to give him away.

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I hope someone else gets surtain if we trade him...it'll show how much of a idiot patterson really is!

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
Justin Miller just cost himself with an arrest, albeit for something not too significant. It's unlikely the third CB is still there at K.C.'s pick. This is great for Miami in shoving Surtain down K.C.'s throat.

Sgt.FinFan

Starter
Reaction score
cad said:
Dream on

Blub

Carl Peterson was just on KCMO 710 and said they are still working on a possible Surtain Contract/Miami Compensation nothing is in place !!!
And the possible trade has to happen before the draft because of the contract extension (Surtain has to sign with Miami).

And who is Jim Criner ?

Surtain is already under contract. If KC wants to give him a new
deal they can after they trade for him. Miami has nothing to do with that.

Sarcastro

Scout Team
Reaction score
This is a good thread as any to post this in. Carl, DV, and Chiefs Director of College Scouting Chuck Cook were on the sportsradio here in KC today. Evidently when they were interviewing Chuck he slipped up several times, and said we, as in the Chiefs, wouldn't have a 2nd round pick. Maybe the deal between KC and the Dolphins is already done and they are just quibbling over smallish stuff or waiting until Friday to announce it.

idaho

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
cad said:
Dream on

Blub

And who is Jim Criner ?
If it is the same Jim Criner that use to coach Boise State and I am sure it is then disreguard his comments. He was fired for dirty recruiting if my memory serves me although he did take us to a 1AA national championship in 1980. He was always shooting his mouth off without knowing the full story.

Top Bottom