J-Off's 2024 CB's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
There appears to be a battle going on as to, who the Number 1 CB is for the 2024 NFL draft. DeJean, Mitchell, Wiggins and Arnold are all being bantered around as the #1 guy.

If everything goes as expected or as speculated, regarding the first 15 picks made up of 7 OL, 5 QB's, 4 WR's and 1 TE. One of these CB's could drop to Miami's selection at #21? With Howard now gone and questions about who Miami's #2 is. Can Miami afford to pass on say a Wiggins, Arnold or Mitchell?

Last edited:
There appears to be a battle going on as to, who the Number 1 CB is for the 2024 NFL draft. DeJean, Mitchell, Wiggins and Arnold are all being bantered around as the #1 guy.

If everything goes as expected or as speculated, regarding the first 15 picks made up of 7 OL, 5 QB's, 4 WR's and 1 TE. One of these CB's could drop to Miami's selection at #21? With Howard now gone and questions about who Miami's #2 is. Can Miami afford to pass on say a Wiggins, Arnold or Mitchell?
It all depends on who is available. I would rather have a top 10 talent at LT like Alt or Mims than a CB. If Alt and Mims are gone like they probably will be then I look at guys like Arnold, Mitchell, and Wiggins. I have Dejean as a safety.

Wiggins would be amazing at 21

Mitchell just might be too good to pass up ar #21. Impressive metrics for any player. If he's there, I'd think Grier would do cartwheels on the way up to the podium!!!

You can never have enough good corners and we know Grier values that position.

As an aside, I thought McDuffie's exceptional coverage in the SB was as big as Mahomes' contribution on offense. That's what you get with a shutdown corner.

I believe corner and pass rush could be in play at 21.

You can never have enough good corners and we know Grier values that position.

As an aside, I thought McDuffie's exceptional coverage in the SB was as big as Mahomes' contribution on offense. That's what you get with a shutdown corner.

I believe corner and pass rush could be in play at 21.
UW had McDuffie and Holland in the same secondary!

I would like Mitchell at 21 but don't think he will be available. The rankings will change after the combine.

I'm not sure we will take a DB in the first round even though we really need one. We might address it in Free Agency.

Raekstraw is rated too low. Most mocks have him being taken in the early 2nd round. If he falls to us at 55 then I would take him.

There are going to be players available to us at many positions who we currently don't think will be available.

If Miami does trade down, I could see Mitchell as a target for a team like SF. Lots of talk here in the Bay Area about the 49ers and what they need to do to get back. Conversations have centered around the corner position, especially with how much McDuffie meant to KC in the SB.

Anyway, I think that's a potential trade partner for Miami. Just not sure Mitchell gets to 21.

Great job, as always, J-off-her-doll!
The Lions could be another team interested in Mitchell since thats a huge need for them. We could still get an immdiate starter at 29 and pick up a 3rd in the process.

We have so many needs, DB, DE, OL and DT if we lose Wilkins.

Back
Top Bottom