7. Marshawn Kneeland - Western Michigan
8. Mohamed Kamara - Colorado State

9. Gabriel Murphy - UCLA

101+

10. Bralen Trice - Washington
11. Javon Solomon - Troy
12. Austin Booker - Kansas

Last edited:
I'm not super excited about this group beyond those top 2, who will go way before we have a pick. I could see us skipping on this group altogether and drafting deeper positions that are more likely to fall. Looking like you could go bargain hunting with OL, DB, & LB so I'd put my money on those being in the mix later on.

I know this won't be a popular opinion but Ogbah might not be a guaranteed release depending on free agency. That group might get paid more than we think. Plus Ogbah was effective with his inexplicable low snap count and is now further removed from the injury and should be hungry to be in there at 100%. I'm sure the new DC will be the deciding factor.

Also pumped you're carrying the torch. Keep em comin bud!

I'm not super excited about this group beyond those top 2, who will go way before we have a pick. I could see us skipping on this group altogether and drafting deeper positions that are more likely to fall. Looking like you could go bargain hunting with OL, DB, & LB so I'd put my money on those being in the mix later on.

I know this won't be a popular opinion but Ogbah might not be a guaranteed release depending on free agency. That group might get paid more than we think. Plus Ogbah was effective with his inexplicable low snap count and is now further removed from the injury and should be hungry to be in there at 100%. I'm sure the new DC will be the deciding factor.

Also pumped you're carrying the torch. Keep em comin bud!

Appreciate you, BobDole šŸ»

Yeah, I think Dallas Turner is the only Top 10 Edge in this class, and it's not a group I mind passing on. Think there's a real chance that Braswell ends up Edge 2 after testing. 2-4 are all close to me, and these rankings take into account how athletic I think these guys are, but I feel I might be a bit conservative with how I'm rating his physical gifts in relation to Verse and Latu.

I think there are certainly useful players, but this OT class for example is deeper/better than you're likely to get in the next couple classes, so I'd feel bad about missing out on this group. It's not like that for Edge this year.

I got the Utah kid in that 7-10 range

I'm not a fan, but I could be missing something. To me, he's a try-hard guy without the tools to be a quality starter. All the guys I have listed have, to me, the ability to develop into quality starters. Possible some of them get undressed by testing, they have something to hang your hat on.

I'm not a fan, but I could be missing something. To me, he's a try-hard guy without the tools to be a quality starter. All the guys I have listed have, to me, the ability to develop into quality starters. Possible some of them get undressed by testing, they have something to hang your hat on.
I bet his Dad can still play and he would fill a bigger need!

I bet his Dad can still play and he would fill a bigger need!

He was excellent. Tbh those ties make me more optimistic about his versatility. A role like Van Noy's in the systems that were able to utilize him seems like an optimistic case for him. Having a dad and/or older brothers with NFL experience absolutely helps the transition from college to pro. Interested to see how he tests. As an Edge, I think he's a cut below these guys, testing pending, but maybe he'd be good as that kind of hybrid between a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 SOLB - talking prototypes more than specific alignments in today's game. Van Noy, Anthony Barr, Van Ginkel, and even Von Miller have aspects of that hybrid skillset. There are others, of course. With Ellis, I think he's closer to Van Noy than Miller as an Edge.

Going to go back and see if I missed something, but his role at Utah felt more pure Edge. So, there's not a lot of evidence to show that he projects well in the role he projects best in the NFL.

But if he shows well at the Combine, I'll probably rank him as a LB.

He was excellent. Tbh those ties make me more optimistic about his versatility. A role like Van Noy's in the systems that were able to utilize him seems like an optimistic case for him. Having a dad and/or older brothers with NFL experience absolutely helps the transition from college to pro. Interested to see how he tests. As an Edge, I think he's a cut below these guys, testing pending, but maybe he'd be good as that kind of hybrid between a 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 SOLB - talking prototypes more than specific alignments in today's game. Van Noy, Anthony Barr, Van Ginkel, and even Von Miller have aspects of that hybrid skillset. There are others, of course. With Ellis, I think he's closer to Van Noy than Miller as an Edge.

Going to go back and see if I missed something, but his role at Utah felt more pure Edge. So, there's not a lot of evidence to show that he projects well in the role he projects best in the NFL.

But if he shows well at the Combine, I'll probably rank him as a LB.
I was a little surprised he did not go back to Utah for another year.

The bolded part is IMO exactly right.

The only reason he's getting any love is because his dad is Luther Ellis who played at The U & then the Detroit Lions for a decade.

I think he has 2 other relatives in the NFL right now, actually 3 brothers are in the NFL, Christian, Noah, and Kaden.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom