J-Off's 2024 WR's | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think I was wrong about Johnny Wilson. He moves really well, creates decent separation, and his catch radius is otherworldly. RAC isn't what you want, but it's better than the 2023 numbers indicate.

I think he's the most similar WR to Mike Evans since the man himself. Fitting that Wilson is entering the league exactly 10 years after Evans.

Last edited:
Brian Thomas Jr
Brock Bowers

Both available at 21. Who do you want the Fins to pick?
Brian Thomas Jr does the most to revolution our offense. The role Bowers would play would basically be the same as the TEs on our roster, just better.

Thomas would make going 3 wide so much more tempting.

Theeeen we'd still have our current 21 and 12 formations available.

I don't want someone that'll make us run more 12 with only two wideouts.

I want to run the formations that lend themselves to better passing production.

I rather BTJr and Jonnu Smith than Bowers, Smith and Berrios/EZ and his neck at WR 3.

The upgrade from BTJr over Berrios/EZ is more rewarding than Bowers over Smith and Smythe. We can go 12 with Smith and Smythe. 11 with Berrios (and an injured EZ) is horrid.

I rather BTJr and Jonnu Smith than Bowers, Smith and Berrios/EZ and his neck at WR 3.

The upgrade from BTJr over Berrios/EZ is more rewarding than Bowers over Smith and Smythe. We can go 12 with Smith and Smythe. 11 with Berrios (and an injured EZ) is horrid.

I think Bowers is a more polished, productive receiver than Thomas Jr, and Bowers might be the best YAC guy in the class. Then, he gives you some real physicality on top of the receiving ability.

I like Thomas Jr, but he could take some time to get his footing in this offense, and Bowers is on a different tier imo.

I think Bowers is a more polished, productive receiver than Thomas Jr, and Bowers might be the best YAC guy in the class. Then, he gives you some real physicality on top of the receiving ability.

I like Thomas Jr, but he could take some time to get his footing in this offense, and Bowers is on a different tier imo.
TE take longer to adapt if I'm not mistaken.

TE take longer to adapt if I'm not mistaken.

They do, but most TE's, even the ones who get drafted really high, are significantly less skilled/polished as receivers than WR's. Bowers is a more skilled/polished receiver than Thomas Jr, and that is not a knock on Thomas Jr.

His ability after the catch should also help make his impact more immediate.

If you view Bowers as a slot WR who you can move around instead of a TE he magically turns into a different player.

Does anyone really doubt that he is going to be an impact pass catching weapon?

In 3 years when people do the re-drafting nonsense he will be Top 5 in the class.

If you view Bowers as a slot WR who you can move around instead of a TE he magically turns into a different player.

Does anyone really doubt that he is going to be an impact pass catching weapon?

In 3 years when people do the re-drafting nonsense he will be Top 5 in the class.

Imo deploy him like Cooper Kupp but give him a few Deebo-esque touches. He's basically a god-tier Power Slot, with potential at X, as well.

I'm high on Baker and Rice, but this interesting.

It is very hard to narrow down why so many of those guys did not make it to that specific metric.

There were many reasons why some of those guys flopped.

Cherry picking a stat like that is a just that, cherry picking.

It is very hard to narrow down why so many of those guys did not make it to that specific metric.

There were many reasons why some of those guys flopped.

Cherry picking a stat like that is a just that, cherry picking.

I think it probably highlights certain guys as either unable to learn multiple roles or as not dynamic to be worth moving around.

But, for some of these guys, it's just the coach/system. I think it's worth noting and asking why - rather than being a deal-breaker.

Back
Top Bottom