Jackson Powers-Johnson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jackson Powers-Johnson

I like the player but I’ll be shocked if Grier doesn’t have a center signed before the draft. I think it would kill Grier to draft a non premium position in the first round.

Don't take a pure OC in R1.

Just don't do it.
I think you absolutely can in the late first. There less of a gap now days between C and G salary anymore.

Also center is more important to Miami because of wide zone blocking vs man. Just look at what happened to the interior OL blocking went Williams went down.

If JPJ is there I would take him unless Fautanu is there, love that guy. But I don't think he will be after he measured with good arm length at the combine. As some thought may fit better at G over tackle because of length.

Well, thankfully JPJ can play guard as well
I just can't endorse taking an IOL that high.

It is a mistake to take one that high and it would be a mistake to pay one if he turns out to be really good.

You do not need to be really good, or really expensive in the IOL. Solid is what you should be aiming for. Spend your premium picks and your Cap on the guys who change the scoreboard.

That was a nightmare. I absolutely 100% thought that when we traded up in second Humphrey was the pick. Nope fing Eichenberg.
To compound that original mistake I have the sneaking suspicion that the FO is depending on Eich heading into '24 here a lot more than anyone on FH is going to like. We have such limited cap and draft capital that if they say, take a OT in round 1 (who can also play some guard) and a DT in round 2 to fill Wilkins spot, well, I hate to say it out loud but center could get lost in the shuffle and the FO rolls Eich out to start. Particularly if we retain Williams I could see this happening with the theory he could hold down the fort until Williams could return at full strength.

But Eich is under contract so he is bound to be in their plans much more than any of us is comfortable with. We'll have to hope for an AJ like late bloom.

I don't know what the plans with Conner Williams is, but if Miami is willing to let him go, then drafting Jackson Powers-Johnson would be nothing less then a grand slam move.

There is no better way to describe him then he's a beast, and even if Williams (Or Hunt...or both 🙏) ends up still coming back to Miami for the right price, then best case scenario for tye Interior line could look like....

WILLIAMS...JOHNSON...HUNT

Get a solid (or better) Tackle in the 2nd (or in FA), and Tua might be falling asleep back there with the time he might be getting, while Achane start to wonder if keeping a 14+ yards per run could be possible and maintained for a starting RB.
Connor wanted top C money before the season (even held out) and he tore his ACL late in the season and wont play for the first half of 2024. I cant imagine a scenario where we would bring him back to pay him top C money for half the season. Better chance that we sign Hunt and draft 2 OL in the early rounds.

I would like to see JPJ drafted rather than resign Williams to a big contract and coming off an injury. The team has to be smart in how they manage the salary cap for the next couple of season and bringing a rookie that would be paid significantly less would be a smart move - especially if his college tape translates to the NFL right away.

I see the suggestion of drafting WR with the 21st pick as a luxury the Dolphins can't afford right now. Besides, what would they do with 3 receivers who each want to be the #1 receiver and one who is a diva? This team does not have strong enough leadership in the locker room or with the coaching staff to handle that dynamic.

I just can't endorse taking an IOL that high.

It is a mistake to take one that high and it would be a mistake to pay one if he turns out to be really good.

You do not need to be really good, or really expensive in the IOL. Solid is what you should be aiming for. Spend your premium picks and your Cap on the guys who change the scoreboard.
Yeah. The only way I would pick a guard or center in the first round is if Miami could trade down and add other draft assets.

This guy is exactly what we need, strong in both pass pro and run blocking and best of all nasty!
Man we could use this "type", problem is Pitt picks in front of us and he fits the mold of a "Steeler" or "Raven"
If we stay put at 21 I hope he is the guy....
yes please. This would be an excellent pick. So would Bryan Thomas Jr, Troy Fatanu, Graham Barton. I think any of those 4 would be amazing picks at 21, or if we could trade back, pick up another pick in the 2nd or 3rd round, and get one of those players, I’d be thrilled.

yes please. This would be an excellent pick. So would Bryan Thomas Jr, Troy Fatanu, Graham Barton. I think any of those 4 would be amazing picks at 21, or if we could trade back, pick up another pick in the 2nd or 3rd round, and get one of those players, I’d be thrilled.
I think we could trade down to the bottom of the first and pick up a 3rd+. And I’m confident we still land a high quality player (maybe one of those you listed)

Back
Top Bottom