Jagr wants to come home ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jagr wants to come home ...

Bumpus

Looks at bottle ... *sigh*
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't care how damn old he is. I want my Jagr back! (even if it's just for one more year)

A longing to reconnect with the Penguins could be part of what brings back legendary forward Jaromir Jagr.

″He loves that team, that city,″ agent Petr Svoboda said Tuesday from the Czech Republic. ″And he loves Mario (Lemieux), so that is all on his mind.″

The opportunity to win the Stanley Cup — and return to the NHL after three years of playing professionally in Russia — has positioned the perennial contender Penguins and Detroit Red Wings as frontrunners to land Jagr, Svoboda said.

Svoboda said he was expecting a second conversation with Penguins general manager Ray Shero regarding Jagr on Tuesday.

″My (first) talk with Ray was wonderful,″ Svoboda said. ″Jaromir obviously is fond of Pittsburgh, but he likes the current situation there, too.″

Neither Jagr nor Shero could be reached for comment, but Jagr told ESPN.com:

″In Pittsburgh, I played there 10 years,″ he said. ″I still have a house there. I was too lazy to sell it.

″Obviously (Lemieux) is the owner. The team they got — Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, plus other great players — if I went there, it would be a lot easier...

Read more: http://m.triblive.com/triblive/pm_18303/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=0xyHZFof

The offer is in, and the clock is running.

Penguins general manager Ray Shero confirmed this evening that he has offered free agent right winger Jaromir Jagr a one-year contract -- he declined to divulge the financial aspects of the proposal -- and said he expect to learn Wednesday whether Jagr will accept it.

Link: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11179/1156789-100.stm

He can't officially sign with anyone until Friday, but the waiting is ****ing killing me.

I WANT MY MULLET BACK!

[video]http://youtu.be/pB4eqB8r_I0[/video]

Dammit, I need this to happen!

The way his tenure ended with us is unbearable. The healing needs to start. I can't remember the last time I wanted something this badly.

[video]http://youtu.be/pB4eqB8r_I0[/video]

Dammit, I need this to happen!

The way his tenure ended with us is unbearable. The healing needs to start. I can't remember the last time I wanted something this badly.
My guess would be the Stanley Cup a couple years ago.

I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa. Tomorrow feels like it's never gonna come.

... Gotta get some sleep.

:lol: Oddly, this is about the same level.
Now that's a passion for a player. IMO, I don't think he will be able to contribute that much to the Pens. He is a nice veteran leader, but I think he's over the hill. I just have a hard time believing he can be effective at 39.

Now that's a passion for a player. IMO, I don't think he will be able to contribute that much to the Pens. He is a nice veteran leader, but I think he's over the hill. I just have a hard time believing he can be effective at 39.

Will he be the same player he once was? Of course not. But, I still see him getting around 65-70 points on a line with Crosby (or more likely, Malkin)

... this would be bigger for JJ's legacy with the Pens. After 11 years of greatness, his departure left a sour taste in the mouths of many Pens fans. His coming back into the fold would heal the wound.

The agent for Jaromir Jagr said today that Jagr is en route to the United States and will inform of a decision on his NHL future late this afternoon.

"He is flying to New York (from the Czech Republic) right now," agent Petr Svoboda said. "He is coming this afternoon and will tell us his answer then."

Jagr is not expected to arrive in the U.S. until at least 3:30 p.m. Svoboda said he expects to know Jagr's decision within an hour of his arrival...

Read more: Jagr on way to U.S., decision nears - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_744430.html

If I was you, I would be thrilled of Jagr could get 65-70 pointe this upcoming season. You put him with a couple good scorers, and he's a nice addition.

:hsmash:

... Slowly losing what's left of my sanity.

From a hockey board I post on - Apparantly, Jagr's plane's arrival was delayed at JFK when (I **** you not) a couple hundred turtles found their way onto the tarmac, and started mating. This quickly degenerated into a discussion as to whether playing Barry White would hurry things along.

... & yes, I've been following Twitter accounts (not proud of that) all damn day.

Then it turns out, he wasn't even on that fugging flight. :bobdole:

clear.gif

Make it happen Shero!

:hsmash:

... Slowly losing what's left of my sanity.

From a hockey board I post on - Apparantly, Jagr's plane's arrival was delayed at JFK when (I **** you not) a couple hundred turtles found their way onto the tarmac, and started mating. This quickly degenerated into a discussion as to whether playing Barry White would hurry things along.

... & yes, I've been following Twitter accounts (not proud of that) all damn day.

Then it turns out, he wasn't even on that fugging flight. :bobdole:
I actually saw that turtle story is in the Lounge. Funny stuff.

Back
Top Bottom