Jake Delhomme! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Delhomme!

ajdoggie

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
His first year as a starting QB and he's taking his team to the Big Game. He had only 101 yds passing total for the game (Fielder like stats), but he didn't make any mistakes or use poor judgement on the field. He kept his team in the game, and the Panthers Defense did the rest. Sort like what Trent Dilfer and the Ravens did in their Championship year. Just goes to show you don't need a $18 million dollar QB to win a Championship.

yes,
i've said it before and i'll say it again... delhomme is like a "good" jay fiedler... he's not a deep-threat quarterback, he's not really a play maker... just a damn good game manager.

He has hit quite a few deep balls this year. He is a far better QB than Jay Fiedler. Did you see that throw that he was throwing against his body and was on his back foot for a TD.

The D is what won them the game.
4 turnover for the birds
0 turnover for carolina

Originally posted by Jaj
He has hit quite a few deep balls this year. He is a far better QB than Jay Fiedler. Did you see that throw that he was throwing against his body and was on his back foot for a TD.

Ya he has arm-strength over Jay all day long.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
yes,
i've said it before and i'll say it again... delhomme is like a "good" jay fiedler... he's not a deep-threat quarterback, he's not really a play maker... just a damn good game manager.

no his deep threat makes him a good QB. if he couldn't throw the long ball good, the panthers would be starting Rodney Peete.

JD- 46 passes over 20 yards, 9 over 40. i think that might be the best in the NFL. i'll have to check on that. hell Peyton Manning didn't beat that (although it was close 45,9).

if fiedler had the long ball of delhomme, we wouldn't need the upgrade.

EDIT: Trent green was a little better.

Originally posted by ajdoggie
His first year as a starting QB and he's taking his team to the Big Game. He had only 101 yds passing total for the game (Fielder like stats), but he didn't make any mistakes or use poor judgement on the field. He kept his team in the game, and the Panthers Defense did the rest. Sort like what Trent Dilfer and the Ravens did in their Championship year. Just goes to show you don't need a $18 million dollar QB to win a Championship.

Ya but Carolina's Defense ALWAYS comes to play. Unlike Miami's, that only shows up for the first half of the season and/or when the games don't matter.

He's tons better than Jay!

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
yes,

For starters, his passes are in the same zip code as his Wr's and he can actually connect on his deep passes. It's gonna be the same ole, same ole if we don't upgrade the QB this year.

Steve

Originally posted by ajdoggie

you need a good qb to win a championship.. period.
delhomme and brady are good qbs. they may not be spectacular, but they dont make mistakes.. please dont compare them to fiedler, they dont deserve that.

Re: Re: Jake Delhomme!

Originally posted by Jnaledu3

delhomme and brady are good qbs. they may not be spectacular, but they dont make mistakes.. please dont compare them to fiedler, they dont deserve that.

Also....you have to consider that these QB's coaches formulate their gameplan around their strengths, not try to get them to do things beyond their abilities.

"Norv's System" works with certain players in place.....they're not. It needs to be changed accordingly.

Jake throws the ball up for grabs more than any QB in the league. The difference between he and Jay is Jake has recievers who go up and get the ball. The fins have recievers who if the ball is not thrown to them they give up on the play and give up the int.
I live in Charlotte and have watched every Panther game, I have been saying this all year, the problem with the Fins are the way their recievers won't fight for their QB no matter who is in at QB. If Jay was the Panther QB he would be MUCH better than Jake. Jake hasn't hit a reciever in stride all year. He throws to spots on the field not to the reciever. Fans have been hating Jake up here just as bad as fin fan have been hating Jay. All ya hear up here is who the QB is gonna be next year. Now he has taken them to the SB maybe they will shut up.

I wasn't comparing Fielder to Delhomme or any other QB. I stated Fielder's inadequacies as a QB.

Re: Re: Re: Jake Delhomme!

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38

Jake throws the ball up for grabs more than any QB in the league. The difference between he and Jay is Jake has recievers who go up and get the ball. The fins have recievers who if the ball is not thrown to them they give up on the play and give up the int.
I live in Charlotte and have watched every Panther game, I have been saying this all year, the problem with the Fins are the way their recievers won't fight for their QB no matter who is in at QB. If Jay was the Panther QB he would be MUCH better than Jake. Jake hasn't hit a reciever in stride all year. He throws to spots on the field not to the reciever. Fans have been hating Jake up here just as bad as fin fan have been hating Jay. All ya hear up here is who the QB is gonna be next year. Now he has taken them to the SB maybe they will shut up.

If he wins they'll probably shut up... ;)

That being said..........

GO CATS!!

If you call those haymaker jumpballs

a good deep ball, then you are all fooling yourself. Jake Delhomme benefits from his recievers aggressiveness. Mushin Mohammed and Steve Smith both go up and fight for the ball like OG in his prime. That td pass he thew yesterday would've been a pick if they were playing the pats. I do give Jake credit form making solid decisions on his throws underneath. But he's far from a good longball thrower.

Re: If you call those haymaker jumpballs

Originally posted by rhadaddy
a good deep ball, then you are all fooling yourself. Jake Delhomme benefits from his recievers aggressiveness. Mushin Mohammed and Steve Smith both go up and fight for the ball like OG in his prime. That td pass he thew yesterday would've been a pick if they were playing the pats. I do give Jake credit form making solid decisions on his throws underneath. But he's far from a good longball thrower.

Ya you could NEARLY liken that pass to Favre's game-killer, although Jake's had a bit more juice on it. His WR bailed him out BIG time.

Back
Top Bottom