Jake Delhomme! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Delhomme!

yeah

He was lucky Mushin had the presence of mind to come back but that was an ill advised throw if I ever seen one. If anything, it reminds me of how Culpepper would constantly throw jump balls to Randy Moss no matter how well he's covered. Eventually the db's position themselves properly and come up with the pick.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

no his deep threat makes him a good QB. if he couldn't throw the long ball good, the panthers would be starting Rodney Peete.

JD- 46 passes over 20 yards, 9 over 40. i think that might be the best in the NFL. i'll have to check on that. hell Peyton Manning didn't beat that (although it was close 45,9).

if fiedler had the long ball of delhomme, we wouldn't need the upgrade.

EDIT: Trent green was a little better.

alright slick.... re-read my post. i didn't say he is fiedler... i said he is like a GOOD fiedler. delhomme doesn't have a good long ball. fiedler doesn't have a good long ball. the number of plays over 20 yards does not mean you have a long ball - in delhomme's case it is because his receivers are fast and make plays AFTER they catch the ball - he hits them in stride, and they will run 20+ yards down the field (see: steve smith).

fiedler throws the ball, the receiver catches it and falls down for miami. carolina receivers run after catching balls. miami receivers either go out of bounds or fall down.

delhomme doesn't have a good long ball. when you are averaging 150 passing yards a game, AND still winning, you are a good game manager, not a peyton manning. fidler had higher passing yardage numbers (when he was not injured) on a week by week basis than delhomme - but delhomme did better b/c he is a better game manager. that and his team rallied behind him.

hence, he is like a GOOD jay fiedler.

and no crap, if jay played like him, there wouldn't be a quarterback controversy. we know this. but this is not the case!

Originally posted by ajdoggie
His first year as a starting QB and he's taking his team to the Big Game. He had only 101 yds passing total for the game (Fielder like stats), but he didn't make any mistakes or use poor judgement on the field. He kept his team in the game, and the Panthers Defense did the rest. Sort like what Trent Dilfer and the Ravens did in their Championship year. Just goes to show you don't need a $18 million dollar QB to win a Championship.

That's what happens when a similar QB like Jay has a very good WR crops.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Amars
The D is what won them the game.
4 turnover for the birds
0 turnover for carolina

Bingo..

I laugh at all the people that think we are 1 QB away from the Superbowl :lol: :lol:

The Saints MB I go too has many people crying out against Aaron Brooks like if we still had Delhomme we would be there. :rolleyes:

I take nothing from Delhomme, I'm proud he is from Breaux Bridge. My Mothers family is from there. Rather I am just speechless with all the armchair GM's out there that can't see where our problems are. No blocking and no consistant defense.

Nobody's saying that the QB is the only problem on this team. We all know the O-line, and the WR's have to be upgraded, and yes even the Defense has to be dealt with. This thread is only about the QB situation, comparing Delhomme to Fielder, that's all it is.

After looking at stats for both JD and JF, they are very similar indeed (in passing). But, he is less mobile than JF.

They average 59% completion, have thrown for nearly as many TD as INT (JD 22 TD- 21 INT, JF 61 TD-58 INT). Thats is about 1 INT every 25 or 26 attempts...

It seems that both team's HC, play a conservative gameplan, but by Carolina's recieving stats, they get more big plays from their wideouts, as some of you have stated before. Stats show CAR had only 237 more recieving yards than MIA this year (14 yds improvement per game)...

CAR was 8-2 against teams under .500, and 3-3 against teams .500 or better (2 wins were against NO was 8-8)...

MIA was 8-1 against teams under .500, and 2-5 against teams .500 or better.

So did JD make the difference? Maybe, since he played all 16 games and JF played in only 12.

But we need a consistant QB with a good arm and ability to throw the long ball on the money when we need to...

Jake is not the man to replace Fiedler, "we already have him!"

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom