jake long is not joe thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jake long is not joe thomas

dolphinjohn35

Practice Squad
Reaction score
long is not as a good athlete as thomas is.
which is why some think he will have trouble with speed rushers
dont get me wrong, he may be a very good LT but may not be a great one.
if people think he can do what joe thomas did for the browns there's gonna be alot of fans upset because it may come from the right side.
and if thats the case do we really want to draft a rt with the first pick in
which we could find in the 2nd round.
no one knows for sure until they put the pads on.
just hope he is not robert gallery

That's the thing that really scares me about Jake Long. I think he will be a great, perennial pro-bowl Tackle. But I also have that uneasy feeling that he might be, like you said, the next Robert Gallery. Or worse yet, the next Tony Mandarich.

That's the thing that really scares me about Jake Long. I think he will be a great, perennial pro-bowl Tackle. But I also have that uneasy feeling that he might be, like you said, the next Robert Gallery. Or worse yet, the next Tony Mandarich.

Any player can bust.

long is not as a good athlete as thomas is.
which is why some think he will have trouble with speed rushers
dont get me wrong, he may be a very good LT but may not be a great one.
if people think he can do what joe thomas did for the browns there's gonna be alot of fans upset because it may come from the right side.
and if thats the case do we really want to draft a rt with the first pick in
which we could find in the 2nd round.
no one knows for sure until they put the pads on.
just hope he is not robert gallery

So your telling me Joe Thomas didnt have any of these questions about him before the draft?

Hes really not Joe Thomas? How do you know? Did you Scoobie Doo him and pull off his mask and discover who he really is?

And I will continue to say there is a reason he is graded a top 5 prospect regardless and there is a reason the other guys will probably or might be there at pcik 32 for us. If they were as good or close they wouldn't be available at 32. If we don't pick Long at 1 will he be there at 32.

If you look for a problem you will find it. IMO he will work better as a LT then Chris Long will transition to the NFL. He may have had sacks but nothing really against great talent and draft prospects. Otah the best rated tackle he faced last year to my knowledge, held him to no sacks and 3 assists. If, who many consider the 4th or 5th rated T in this draft class held him to that what do u think NFL tackles are gonna do?

So who do u take. the guy who all experts say will be a good but not great LT but a great RT, or the DE/OLB who only put up good stats against scrubs last season and had 6 total sacks his previous 2 seasons?

I will take the guy who gave up what, 4 sacks in 4 years?

Only other question is Ryan. I would take Ryan or Gholston over Chris Long.

My pick is Jake Long

no, they were talking about him being a franchise LT

No last i remember they were bringing up the same things about the footwork and if he'll be a great LT. Jake Long won the best lineman of the year his junior year when joe thomas was still in college and not to mention jake faces more talent in college than thomas did.

So who do u take. the guy who all experts say will be a good but not great LT but a great RT, or the DE/OLB who only put up good stats against scrubs last season and had 6 total sacks his previous 2 seasons?

My pick is Jake Long

2 sacks in 4 years(1 as a freshman)

And I will continue to say there is a reason he is graded a top 5 prospect regardless and there is a reason the other guys will probably or might be there at pcik 32 for us. If they were as good or close they wouldn't be available at 32. If we don't pick Long at 1 will he be there at 32.

If you look for a problem you will find it. IMO he will work better as a LT then Chris Long will transition to the NFL. He may have had sacks but nothing really against great talent and draft prospects. Otah the best rated tackle he faced last year to my knowledge, held him to no sacks and 3 assists. If, who many consider the 4th or 5th rated T in this draft class held him to that what do u think NFL tackles are gonna do?

My pick is Jake Long

you dont grade a player out by stats, how many rbs qbs had great stats and sucked in the pros. plus i dont think chris or jake are a number 1 pick either. there are always better players draft after the first round also.
if experts were experts, tom brady,terrel davis,zack,jt, and so on and so on.
would of been first rounders also. so you cant say there wont be any body there at 32 that cant be as good as jake long or even matt ryan when history proves otherwise. myself i like brandon albert i think he is a stud.

would of been first rounders also. so you cant say there wont be any body there at 32 that cant be as good as jake long or even matt ryan when history proves otherwise. myself i like brandon albert i think he is a stud.

And so do the experts..

That's why he won't be available at 32. Not EVEN CLOSE. He will be gone way before pick #20.

you dont grade a player out by stats, how many rbs qbs had great stats and sucked in the pros. plus i dont think chris or jake are a number 1 pick either. there are always better players draft after the first round also.

Certainly there could be a great talent at 32 but your hoping and praying that everyone else doesn't see that and passes on this guy so we can select him. All that just to justify not taking the as close as a sure thing in J.Long and I only say he's close to a sure thing because every player selected in any round could be a bust. We're as likely to draft a real good OT in the second as we are to draft a complete bust of an OT in the second.

We can't pass on Long with the first pick because he could be a bust, he's done everything to warrant the #1 pick and if he turns out to suck then oh well. We didn't take a long shot we took the best OT, same goes for every other player we are considering. C.Long could struggle at the NFL level and then we pick a useless leftover OT in the 2nd. It's a crap shoot and were in the thick of it, let's draft what we need and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom