jake long is not joe thomas | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jake long is not joe thomas

speed isn't all it takes to be an elite LT. with those shorter, weaker arms Thomas better have more speed. and before you put Joe Thomas in the Hall of Fame, you might want to wait for more than 1 season.

Your right speed isnt it all it takes to be an elite LT. you need the quick feet to handle an nfl speed rush. Plus 28 reps of 225 isnt what I consider weak.

Well if you listen to Mayock its what he has been saying all along. Plus if he thought he was a franchise LT, why not come out and say it?

Please tell me where anyone has said it was a done deal.

like you always say, you don't pick a RT in the top 5, which is where he will be picked. if he wasn't considered a franchise LT, he wouldn't be at the top of this draft, period.

And not nearly as good a prospect as Thomas b/c like every scout brings up he's slow! Guys like Gholston are all he will face in the NFL as a LT and those players will give him trouble which is why he will end up a RT. Here's the quote for you again.

''I've done enough tape on him and what he is to me is an elite, Pro Bowl right tackle who may struggle with elite speed on the left side,'' said Mike Mayock, a draft analyst for the NFL Network.

Your right speed isnt it all it takes to be an elite LT. you need the quick feet to handle an nfl speed rush. Plus 28 reps of 225 isnt what I consider weak.

I said he's weaker than Jake, which he is. don't forget Thomas was also slower in agility drills

And not nearly as good a prospect as Thomas b/c like every scout brings up he's slow! Guys like Gholston are all he will face in the NFL as a LT and those players will give him trouble which is why he will end up a RT. Here's the quote for you again.

''I've done enough tape on him and what he is to me is an elite, Pro Bowl right tackle who may struggle with elite speed on the left side,'' said Mike Mayock, a draft analyst for the NFL Network.

and I can show quotes of people who say he will end up a LT

how about this one:

"He's one of the best tackles I've ever seen." -Scott Linehan

here's more from the coach":

Linehan believes Long is capable of playing either left tackle or right tackle at a high level in the NFL. Many observers seem to feel that Long would be better suited at right tackle in the pros, where in theory there's less importance put on pass-blocking skills.

But Linehan disagrees. "He looks better to me, more comfortable, in his left-hand stance (at left tackle)," Linehan said. "He played right for two, and left for two, in college."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sp...B5C5246AE1302928862574210012A161?OpenDocument

Jake Long's feet are plenty quick enough to play LT. he also stronger, meaner, more accomplished with less injuries, penalties and sacks given up than Joe Thomas was at this point his career.

Plenty quick enough? Really? Then why do people question it so much? More accomplished less injuries you say? So what about Jake Long missing time with an ankle injury?

If Linehan is drafting Long it would be to play RT. But his opinion doesn't even say much b/c who knows which guy he really wants. I won't keep arguing this point and I will ultimately be happy with whoever Parcells/Ireland picks and hope it turns out for the best.

If Linehan is drafting Long it would be to play RT. But his opinion doesn't even say much b/c who knows which guy he really wants. I won't keep arguing this point and I will ultimately be happy with whoever Parcells/Ireland picks and hope it turns out for the best.

it sure doesn't sound like it from those quotes...

like you always say, you don't pick a RT in the top 5, which is where he will be picked. if he wasn't considered a franchise LT, he wouldn't be at the top of this draft, period.

So you speak to the teams? They have all told you that he is going to be picked in the top 5?

Point being if you watch the film of the guy, you see the problems he has with speed and secondary moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yot9ClPvZDg

Illustrates my point exactly.

it sure doesn't sound like it from those quotes...

Long will not play LT over Orlando Pace.

""However, Linehan didn't dispute the notion that Long could come in and play right tackle for two or three seasons until Pace retired.

"If that was who we picked, we would have to look at it that way," Linehan said. ""

But Linehan's opinion doesn't matter to me b/c if he wanted Chris Long or Gholston of course he would hype up Jake and not the other guys.

I said he's weaker than Jake, which he is. don't forget Thomas was also slower in agility drills

Did I say Thomas was stronger than Long? Nope sure didnt. Good for Jake Long that he was faster in shorts and a t shirt. Ill watch the actual football film and see that Joe Thomas has better feet. You can put all the stock you want into the combine though if you like.

Back
Top Bottom