Jake Long is the ONLY safe pick... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long is the ONLY safe pick...

why do you say talib couldn't be our shutdown corner, I think he could definately excell in man situations, especially with the right coaching.

from watching him at kansas, I think it's not a long shot, and most of what I have read on him people have said that he has established himself as one of the best cover corners in the nation, and could absolutely be a shutdown corner.

I have a little tendancy to believe he could also play safety as well, and I would want a CB, not a S.

why do you say talib couldn't be our shutdown corner, I think he could definately excell in man situations, especially with the right coaching.

from watching him at kansas, I think it's not a long shot, and most of what I have read on him people have said that he has established himself as one of the best cover corners in the nation, and could absolutely be a shutdown corner.

I have a little tendancy to believe he could also play safety as well, and I would want a CB, not a S.

Agreed....quality corners seem harder to come by then safeties. Speaking of which is Roy Williams a FA after this yr?

Because he isn't quick enough to play cover corner on an island. It doesn't suit his game. Watch him against Kansas State and tell me that's an NFL press corner covering Jordy Nelson.

I don't see anyone saying he could be a shut down CB in anything other than a system set up where he works best which is when he's using his outstanding instincts. I've spoken to someone who works within the Kansas organisation who says that Talib is one of the three fastest players on the team.

If that's true, then it's either a slow team or Talib doesn't play fast. With his skill set, he could be very good in a C2.

As far as safety, he isn't overly physical, although his ball skills work in his favour in that respect.

Why not? Sure he does a "Roy" tackle every now and then...but he's solid.

he gets burnt solidly every time in coverage. he has to play close to the LOS because every time i see him in coverage the receiver blows by him everytime.

talib is said to run the 40 in the 4.5 range. I don't know for sure who would consider that slow. I think he plays faster on the field than off, a good example would be the orange bowl, I thought he played outstanding in that game.

the only roy williams I would take on this team is the one from detroit.

I hate roy williams.... dallas version.

not that one....the cowboy.

ROFLAMOUA....

Rolling
On
Floor
Laughing
At
My
Own
Ugly

Sorry for being sooo dum folks. I think its the moon or something...

Yeah, I wouldnt touch Roy "Let me yank you down from behind" Williams either...
Although, regardless of them creating a rule in his honor, he really is a VERY stand up guy...

But yeah, no thanks

talib is said to run the 40 in the 4.5 range. I don't know for sure who would consider that slow. I think he plays faster on the field than off, a good example would be the orange bowl, I thought he played outstanding in that game.

Well, we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom