Jake Long not practicing | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long not practicing

He'll be fine... He's got a week to rest it, no need for him to practice.

Yea good call. No need for him to practice during the week with the actual gameplan for a GAME THAT COUNTS......a divisional game mind you. He was much better off getting that extra qtr of work in the preseason vs. Dallas' backups. Good call Tony Sparano.

If Jake is out, Miami still has to get it done. No excuses.

Offseason conditioning program? But the majority posters think our front office is out to get everyone injured. I guess we can look forward to the lockout! I think that's the only way some pessimists can be happy.
Nobody said that, we just think he made a mistake.
Don't put words in my mouth.

Tony Sparano was upset at the performance of his offense. He allowed his emotions to dictate a decision that was stupid. I brought up what Moose said on the broadcast because it was very telling IMO. He pointed out that the Cowboys offense had been in a similar situation, but they chose to do the intelligent thing. Moose basically called what Sparano did moronic in a polite, indirect way. As soon as I saw Bobby Carpenters name on the Rams cuts, I jokingly thought they would sign him. Low and behold........

"Talk him off the ledge" was the phrase he used when talking about how pissed Wade Phillips was following the 3rd preseason game when he stated the starters would play a good bit in the last preseason game. He pointed out his assistants talked sense into him and he realized he was pissed when he made the statement and backed off. Yea, he basically called Sparano a moron.

There was nothing to gain by doing that. The reward is you can potentially let your starters experience some success. However if they do...........its still against another teams backups.

The RISK in playing the starters in that circumstance is two things .........1) A huge injury(check) and 2) They continue to play poorly and do so against another teams backups(check). Thanks Tony. Good thinking you ****ing boob.

Ya, I left a few statements out by Moose. Like he said, its a lose-lose. So what if you move the ball on a teams 2's and 3's. Like he said, is your team that fragile you need to "boost" their confidence moving the ball on guys who will be cut in 2 days? Moronic move all the way around. Glad I wasnt the only one who caught Moose calling it for what it was................

Take Jake Long out of the game, and suddenly the Bills could find a pass rush. Even with Long, our pass protection against the 2nd and 3rd string Cowboys defense had a lot of pressure.

I doubt that. Looks at the Bills roster again. Probably the only roster in the league without a single pass rush threat. Terrible front 7.

Here is video of Jake Long on the bike. It appears he is indeed using his left leg to pedal.

[youtube]M6N4Eg8M1Ek[/youtube]

• Dolphins OG Richie Incognito told 790AM host Jorge Sedano that Jake Long is "going to be ready to go," vs. the Bills. "He's a tough guy." 4 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

It's all precautionary, including the brace. Jake will play and be the LEAST of this team's worries.

Jeez has anyone every sprained their knee? It's not something you do one day and play football the next. The team is spot on in letting him rest. Trust me Long is the LEAST of our worries on the Oline. If there is one guy who can afford an extra couple of days off it's Long.

Back
Top Bottom