Jake Long | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long

The difference between Jake Long and Sam Baker is far greater than the difference between Matt Ryan and Chad Henne.
It's just an opinion... How many franchise QB's are usually in a draft? 1 or 2 at the most. There are 5 or 6 LT's in the 1st RD every year! Quick name the two LT that started in the SB this year. I sure don't know who they are.

It's just an opinion... How many franchise QB's are usually in a draft? 1 or 2 at the most. There are 5 or 6 LT's in the 1st RD every year! Quick name the two LT that started in the SB this year. I sure don't know who they are.

and how many turn out to be busts? its all relative.

A+

Any credible analyst would list him as a Top 5 tackle in the league.

They said he was a poor mans Joe Thomas....he blew right past him. Joe Thomas is no slouch.

Its the only new jersey i own. Love it!

A+

If he stays healthy, he's going to be a Hall of Famer.

Jake Long is one of the two best LT in the league. Him and Joe Toledo are the next Ogden and Walter Jones.

A++, I also happened to have ordered my orange jake long jersey today. i cant wait to get it. it willl be my only orange jersey, but i figured it should be the big man on the back of it.

Parcells is all about the trenches. There was no way Jake was going to be a bust. Matt Ryan is good but he also had a great wide receiver and tight end as targets. I'm all about Henne, he just needs to learn how to turn that cannon into a hand gun sometimes.

Knowing what I know now, I'm drafting Jake 10 outta 10 times

I'm sorry I think ryan is good and all but jake was def the right pick. I would like to see this brought up to kiper to see what he has to say now.

A......one of the best picks by the Phins in years. He could be a Hall o Famer.

Like dolpns13 said, there is a difference between being thought of as a franchise QB and LT, and actually being just that.

Consider this, how many QBs right now, do you think were/are as good or better then Ryan:

1. Brady,
2&3. both Mannings
4. Brees
5. Cutler
6. Farvre
7. Hasselbeck
8. McNabb
9. Palmer
10. Rivers
11. Rodgers
12. Roethlisberger
13. Romo
14. Schaub

How many Tackles better then Long Past & Present :

1. Flozell Adams
2. Ryan Clady
3. Jordan Gross
3. Levi Jones
4. Walter Jones
5. Matt Light
6. Orlando Pace
7. Jon Runyan
8. Chris Samuels
9. Joe Thomas
10. D'Brickashaw Ferguson

And here I am being quite generous, because there 2-3 that are not even as good past or present, but at best close to as good.

A lot of QBs that became their teams franchise QB, and are clearly at one point better then Ryan, while not as many Tackles and even less clear cut better then Long...I give him an A+

Long will be in the the HOF. He is still young and learning the NFL quickness and speed, yet he can still put 2 pro-bowl years together for his rookie and sophmore campaign.

Back
Top Bottom