Jake Long | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long

I gave the guy an A! I like Henne and hope he is that franchise QB. I just think Ryan is a better QB. When you have the first pick in the draft, you are going to spend 50+ million no matter if it's a LT or a QB. If you have to spend that much and your taking a chance on either player, I would take my chances on the QB.Ryan to me just shows more leadership, confidence when he is on the field or the sideline. Henne just looks confused or dazed, he was the same way in college. Brandon should give Henne a lot more confidence though. I am starting to like our FO moves as of late. Come on Draft!

2 words Jamarcus Russell...

need I say more. If you want any form of guarentee go buy a fridge.

I would give Jake an A++++ as well.

Here is my question to you guys, especially the older Dolfans.

How does this guy compare to Richmond Webb at the same point of his career?

A+ he is the most important player on the team. Look at Qbs that do not have a LT they do not last long in the leauge. David Carr for example had talent and all the skills until he got to the texans and got sacked every 2 seconds. Long will make Henne look better then what would of been if we drafted Ryan who would of protected him Carey?

Considering he has been a slam dunk pick at #1 and has made the Pro-Bowl in both of his two years in the league I'd say you couldn't give him anything but an A or greater. He came and filled a major need at Left Tackle and has been among the league's best. I love the pick considering Glenn Dorsey and Chris Long have been bust thus far. Sure Matt Ryan look good his rookie year but I still think Big Jake was the best pick we have made since Marino

I would give Jake an A++++ as well.

Here is my question to you guys, especially the older Dolfans.

How does this guy compare to Richmond Webb at the same point of his career?

Richmond was a pass blocker and a great one, but was not versatile. Webb couldn't run block worth a crap. Jake can do both, although I will say Richmond was a better pass blocker. Webb had to contend with Bruce Smith twice a year and always did a great job keeping Dan alive even when everyone in the stands knew we were going to pass the ball at least 30 times a game.
Jake is a better all around player than Richmond was but Richmond was better at pass blocking and since that is all we did back then Richmond was a better fit for that team and Jake is a better fit for this one. IMO

2 Words Peyton Manning! need I say more

Alooooooot more Jamarcus Russell's in draft history then there are Peyton Manning's.

Jake Long is a A+. He's everything you want in the first overall pick, an absolute cornerstone player and (pre-Marshall trade) the face of the franchise. If he stays healthy(no problem so far) and keeps up his production, he will be in the Hall of Fame after he retires.

Peter King made a offhand comment when talking about offense tackles in MMQB:

I wouldn't listen to the geniuses who say 34½- or 35-inch arms are vital to the success of a left tackle because the best two young ones in the game, (Joe)Thomas and (Jake)Long, are sub-33.

Alooooooot more Jamarcus Russell's in draft history then there are Peyton Manning's.

Jake Long is a A+. He's everything you want in the first overall pick, an absolute cornerstone player and (pre-Marshall trade) the face of the franchise. If he stays healthy(no problem so far) and keeps up his production, he will be in the Hall of Fame after he retires.

Peter King made a offhand comment when talking about offense tackles in MMQB:
I don't think Matt is another J.Russell.

Jake Long gets an S for me. That's one better than A+. The only time he didn't play so well was against the opener in Atlanta where Abraham killed him.

When we went for all those years without a stud LT, it was just the foam on top of the diarrhea soup we had at QB. Having a mediocre QB with a lack of protection is just a recipe for disaster.

I'm so glad they drafted Jake Long.

Back
Top Bottom