Jakeem Grant - good we moved on - fumbled AGAIN - cost Bears the game | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant - good we moved on - fumbled AGAIN - cost Bears the game

Hakeem Grant is not going to be a # 1 or 2 - sorry his hands are too small - he fell backwards fielding a punt and was lucky he didn’t make a catastrophic fumble like he has done his whole career.

I really like him - he’s very courageous - and seems like a terrific guy…I really don’t care though about his performances anymore now that he dropped and fumbled his way off the dolphins!

No he wasn’t.
Why did they trade him for a 6th rounder?

Seriously I’m not trying to be right….

When I watched the 1 and 7 team keep a receiver/return man who consistently dropped passes and fumble kicks I said this kid represents a coaching staff that does NOT know they are doing….

The losing was NOT all his fault but he was a contributing part..including bobbles on catchable balls that hit him in stride on his way to likely a Jerry Rice like touchdown…plays like that lose games for teams…Waddle dropped one like that last week…it often ruins teams - and if we are one game out of the playoffs his drops and bobbles and fumbles curse us even after he’s gone….

Sorry this is the NFL…

I liked Jakeem Grant as a returner. He dropped some passes at crucial times with us, and that helped us lose in fact. It is hard for a team to win when your go to guys don't ever execute. The 2000's Patriots had a lot of darn good possession receivers that weren't gifted in a particular way but just caught the damn ball when they needed to. Jakeem Grant is a poor version of Troy Brown at the end of the day.

Exactly. Coaching staffs hate guys who average 43.7 yards on punt returns and can score from anywhere on the field.
Good to see the next day, after a Jakeem rare performance, that once again leads to nothing, you are still fighting for his glory atop "Grant's Hill".

He'll be gone after this year, picked up by someone else who needs a return man, who'll also try to get him involved in the offense and realize it doesn't work, he'll get a TD or 2 and the cycle will repeat for another year or 2 until age and/or his vet minimum price tag isn't worth it.

Jakeem is a great guy, but he got more than a fair shot with us PLUS a fair amount of cash. It's about contributions to the team and he doesn't offer much over others.

P.S. Allen Lazard of Green Bay was an undrafted free agent 😉, I'd take him today for our squad over anyone but Waddle.

Happy he found some success after a rough start. As others said, he had plateaued with the Dolphins but hope he does well elsewhere (when not playing us).

I root for him because I like him. He tried hard, but his stone hands will forever limit his ability to play this sport at his particular position. Let someone else deal with that problem.

He’s surely been explosive on some returns which honestly the Fins have missed. I was all for moving on from Grant mostly as a receiver due to hands and size. Miami is sorely lacking in explosive plays in the return game and here is hoping the Fins brass can get this shored up next year. BTW Waddle should be nowhere near the kickoff return unit. Stick a RB back there! Anyone but Waddle. Notice how the Giants kicked all KOs short, forcing returns? This could be the norm here on out.

In his first or second game as a Bear, he muffed a kick that gave the other team great field position. He's the same guy and he'll make as many bad plays as good

Unlike a lot of other players that have come and gone over the years, I sincerely wish nothing but success for Jakeem. He put in a lot of hard work and if you ever attended games in training camp or during the regular season you'd quickly see that Jakeem was one of the leaders on the team, constantly getting everyone hyped up and seemingly hyper focused during the game.

With that being said it was time to move and I hope he has a Devin Hester type revival in Chicago.. Just like Tannehill we gave him every opportunity to be the guy but he just didn't cut it when we needed him most.

Good to see the next day, after a Jakeem rare performance, that once again leads to nothing, you are still fighting for his glory atop "Grant's Hill".

He'll be gone after this year, picked up by someone else who needs a return man, who'll also try to get him involved in the offense and realize it doesn't work, he'll get a TD or 2 and the cycle will repeat for another year or 2 until age and/or his vet minimum price tag isn't worth it.

Jakeem is a great guy, but he got more than a fair shot with us PLUS a fair amount of cash. It's about contributions to the team and he doesn't offer much over others.

P.S. Allen Lazard of Green Bay was an undrafted free agent 😉, I'd take him today for our squad over anyone but Waddle.
“Once again leads to nothing”. Ok. We were 3-2 in games he scored return TDs. He was the reason we won against I believe Cindy last year when he took 3 punts to midfield or better. You’re just hating on the guy because you hate him - ignoring his contributions. And you also admitted last night that you are purposely trying to piss me off - violating the attack the post not the poster spirit of the rule - but hey, whatever makes you feel better. How about doing something productive like helping a brother out who’s lost everything in the tornados in Kentucky. There’s a great thread where you can show some love to a fellow Finheaven fan who’s devastated right now. It will make you feel better about yourself than crapping on others with your “Grant Hill” comments that aren’t even mildly funny. By the way, Devin Hester returned 19 kicks in his career for TDs - the Bears never won anything with him either so I guess his accomplishments don’t matter. What a mentality. I was trying to have an objective discussion - brumdog doesn’t like Grant but at least he’s using stats and comps to make his point as opposed to just spewing baseless garbage, nor is he doing it to anger another poster (you’ve failed by the way - if that was your intent). I see you’ve been on here with good levels of engagement so I’ll ignore this and just assume you really hate the guy and are incapable of giving the player any credit no matter what he does. Like I said, there are more important and productive things to be doing right now. This is so small in the grand scheme of things. We’re both long time fans and know the game. You’re not changing my mind, nor am I changing yours. Time to move on.

He's averaging 13.7 this year, not his best season, but not bad.

Jakeem has always been good for a few splash plays and a good game or two per year, but he has also been terribly reliable at the stone-hands. He already contributed highly to a loss this year for the Bears, with muffage. He had a few highlight reel plays on a nationally televised game, but the odds on him being 'the' guy are poor. Has 3 fumbles this year, and there's plenty of ball left...he got his season's worth of TDs last night.

4 career punt-returns for TD...7 career receiving TDs, for a total of 11 TDs...13 fumbles, 7 lost.

I did think it was lame how Miami did him though...got him to take a pay-cut, then traded him...to Chicago of all places on top lol.
2 KO return TDs as well bro. 13.7 on PR would lead the league every year just about if it holds.

Back
Top Bottom