Jakeem Grant Update | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant Update

Hoping for the best for him, and a full recovery.
He's steadily worked his way up on this team despite the odds

great news....even if its sprain just sit him the rest of the year...a guy like him thrives on his speed so no chance to risk him coming back in a few weeks and tearing it, he is too important to lose for good

It was clearly not a ruptured Achilles because he walked on it and put weight on the ball of his foot.

If you try to walk on a fully torn Achilles the foot will fold like Burke’s run defense.
Not exactly true.
I've had a completely torn Achilles and you can walk on it very carefully for a short distance to sit.
Very painful though.

If it's a partial tear, he needs to get it fixed and not be like Ryan's ACL imo.

What are they feeding these guys?

In 42 years of being a Dolphins guy, I’ve never heard of injuries like this.

Glad for Grant, he plays with heart.

There seems to be something up this season more than any I can remember. I’m dying to know what’s going on during the strength and conditioning period and how we stack up against other programs.

I don’t remember so many guys going down like this before.

That would be great news. Tearing your Achilles is no joke and it's not a foolproof recovery like we've seen with ACLs recently.
Especially for a guy that relies on speed.

Wish nothing but the best on his prognosis. He's the most over performing player we've had in a long time. I wish the whole roster had his heart and passion.

There seems to be something up this season more than any I can remember. I’m dying to know what’s going on during the strength and conditioning period and how we stack up against other programs.

Yeah, something stinks all right.

Maybe coaches, piss poor conditioning program, on and on....

They can’t sweep this under the rug anymore. EVERYBODY knows that this many injuries of this magnitude is unheard of.

They can’t sweep this under the rug anymore. EVERYBODY knows that this many injuries of this magnitude is unheard of.
It’s outright ridiculous.

It happens to every team. I just found this article and whereas we are certainly struggling there are many teams that have it far worse than us.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-injury-report-midseason-healthiest-most-hurt-week-10-2018

Granted, our injuries are to key contributors (QB,OL,WR) but other teams are overcoming the same issues. Our problem is for some reason these situations are not being dealt with and overcome. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes and what Gase sees but I do know one thing....Osweiler will NEVER get it done. He is a liability and for some unknown reason has duped several teams in to giving him a job. The guy cannot hit a receiver in stride, he cannot hit them more than 20 yards downfield and he bails on a play far too easy.

To overcome these injuries we have GOT to start scheming better and we have GOT to give Fales a shot to at least open up the field to potential chunk plays. It's easy to defend the Miami Dolphins when the other team knows that the field of play is literally only within 15 yards.

Back
Top Bottom