Jameis Winston Anyone?! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jameis Winston Anyone?!

Would love to see him and then trade up slightly from 18 to get Love if can get a reasonable deal. Two high upside guys.

He normally throws less than 20 interceptions. That's still a very high number. My problem is he throws the interceptions and doesn't seem to care about them. I know people say a good quarterback doesn't dwell on the mistakes and just focus on the drive at hand, but Winston just doesn't seem to care about the int numbers at all.

I'm not sure I agree with that at all. He's very competitive (one of the reasons he throws so many as he doesn't want to give up on a play). One thing about Winston is he never thinks he or the team is out of it. If he throws a pick he's not scared to throw it again. It's bothers him because it hurts the team, but he doesn't dwell on it.

Just read an interesting article that compared Peyton Manning's first five years to Jameis Winston's. Their numbers were surprisingly close.

Granted, during Manning's early career the rules were different than today so that has to be factored in. The article pointed out how much Manning improved after those first five years and, specifically, after the Colts improved their running game.

I didn't follow Winston too much in Tampa Bay, but apparently he didn't have a running game there. Not making excuses for 30 interceptions. That's a God awful number, especially in today's game where the top quarterbacks are usually under 10 for a season.

Spending time watching tape of the quarterbacks for the 2020 draft, had me revisiting Winston, though. Besides Burrow and Tua, I'm not 100 percent sold on Herbert, Love or Hurts. I like aspects of all of their games, but not sure any of them ends up being a top 10 caliber quarterback in the NFL. That's my personal criteria because I think that's what you need to win big, year-in and year-out.

Would the Dolphins be better off signing Winston, seeing how he develops and, if necessary draft another quarterback in 2020? It would open up the draft to maybe get a player like Derrick Brown at #5. I don't know the answer. Just throwing it out there.
He hasn't had a running game and I believe he has been hit much more than Peyton did in those first 5 years.

Winston and Cam would be best qb in division..with all player we add in free agent and draft dolphins. Fins have no excuse not win division. Tua is all right when healthy..I guess?

But not every player we add in free agency and the draft is going to work out. The Bills and Patriots already have a better roster than us and they are going to add players through the draft as well. If having the best QB in the division was the most important factor in winning the division than the Dan Marino lead Dolphins would have won the division more than 5 times in 17 years and Newton/Winston are no Marino.

But not every player we add in free agency and the draft is going to work out. The Bills and Patriots already have a better roster than us and they are going to add players through the draft as well. If having the best QB in the division was the most important factor in winning the division than the Dan Marino lead Dolphins would have won the division more than 5 times in 17 years and Newton/Winston are no Marino.
U right about all draft pick. We have I am hoping for at leased 5 workout this yr..
AFCeast is going be good on defense.. the team that has best offensive and score most point going win afc east.. that why I feel healthy Cam could get us over the top. Just my opinion..

He hasn't had a running game and I believe he has been hit much more than Peyton did in those first 5 years.
Honestly, I've never been the biggest fan but I haven't seen him play a lot either. It could be interesting on a one-year deal, though. If he shows vastly improved decision making, maybe you have something. If not, then the downside is being back in the quarterback market.

It would allow Miami to build up around the quarterback position and go BPA in the draft. I don't think Tua (because of injury) or Herbert are better than Brown, Simmons, Okudah or even Wills.

U right about all draft pick. We have I am hoping for at leased 5 workout this yr..

I would never root for Jameis in a Dolphins uniform.

I wouldn't root for the team to lose, just for them to succeed without him.

Winston is a proven champion at the college level. And his numbers are not bad. And his interceptions weren't bad until last year.

I would definitely give him a shot. His floor is Josh Rosen's ceiling. What is the worst that could happen? That we improve?

That said, I dont see it happening. This coaching staff loves Fitzmagic too much to make him compete with Jameis again. I can more likely see us drafting 2 QB's and having RF teach them both how to become pros in his last year in the league.

I think Winston will end up being a very good QB if he finds himself in the right situation. It just won't be in Miami.

TFK

Back
Top Bottom