Jameis Winston Next Year.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jameis Winston Next Year....

The OP could have at least waited till Winston had a decent game and not yesterday's 4 int benching.

I'll pass X's 1000

Winston is under lot pressure this yr. Maybe he trying do to much as QB.

Well he was the #1 pick in the draft, and really didnt have a turnover issue in college...... At the right price I'd like to kick the tires.

Yup, and if Miami had drafted Winston to 'upgrade' over Tannehill (you know, keep trying til you get an elite QB), the FO would be castigated for not knowing better. No, Winston isn't even a lateral move.

As much as I want A replacement for Tannehill, I wouldn’t even consider this ever.

Are all these Bridgewaters and such hypotheticals because it'll help the cap?

Because if it's just for the sake of getting rid of RT, I'd rather stick with RT.

If bringing in one of these guys for a year helps the cap, Im with it.

And if your hopes is for a high draft pick in 2020, does it really matter who we bring in as long as it doesnt hurt cap #s?

Assuming hes cut and we don't have to spend any draft picks, sure why not.

I think it's kind of hilarious how a 25 yr old #1 heisman winning pick is being laughed off a board filled with people still trying to give Tannehill a chance at age 31 when they have nearly an identical career passer rating.

With that being said, I've become a firm believer in the "no small handed QBs" theory. Winston has that same problem just like Tanny. That being the case, I don't think either will ever be elite. But you never know.

Before I get crucified let me clarify a few things up front:

1. Yes, to this point James has been a **** head his entire life.

2. No, I'm not saying bring him in and annoint him the starter or bank on him being the future.

3. I'm not saying Miami can definitely turn his career around.

What I will say though is that I don't think bringing him in to give him a shot is as bad an idea as everyone seems to think. We are in QB purgatory at the moment and it's undeniable that Jameis has the raw talent to be a good QB. I wouldn't be too upset if we could bring him in to compete and give our staff the chance to try get Jameis to reach his potential. If it doesn't work out...well then oh well. We won't be a whole lot worse off.

Of course all of this assumes his market isn't too hot this off-season and we can sign him to a short term deal.

lol. Self inflicted pressure.
yeap he just lost 20 to 30 m dollar too. he should be around 17 m next yr. Winston is 4th best qb in nfc south. tampa is not going win in that div anytime soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom