James Jackson Rumor.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

James Jackson Rumor....

NathanHunt

Fluff Girls are underpaid.
Reaction score
The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Tony Grossi has speculated a trade involving James Jackson might be something that would interest the Phins and the CupCakes.

James Jackson.Toni Grossi, The Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Any thoughts on this forgotten soul?

At this point... I personally am against trading draft picks. However, a conditional late round pick might be worth considering.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading a conditional 7th round pick (conditional on him making the roster)......but nothing more.

I highly doubt that he would contribute greatly under the current circumstances.....but in case of an injury at HB, he would have value. I'd feel more comfortable with him as the 3rd option ahead of Henry or Russell.

SmokeyPhinz said:
Whatever happened to J.J. Johnson?

I think he's roomies with Cecil.

That wasn't very nice of me. I apologize!

:roflmao:

NathanHunt said:

That wasn't very nice of me. I apologize!

:roflmao:

On a more serious note, I hear Cecil really regrets his choices. And, he wishes he had to do over again. I bet he's ripped now.... probably wouldn't take long to get into shape. Doesn't he get out soon?

PHINS54 said:
If The Price Is Right, Why Not Take A Chance On Him... He Could Be A Solid Backup To Minor.

Was my initial thinking. However, I feel S. Morris is having a better camp and might be better suited for between the tackles.

I keep holding my breath to get concrete reports on L. Henry and F. Russell before I feel completely good about our depth.

With our committee approach, I expect 25 - 50 carries to be given to a 3rd back this year. Would be nice to know what we really have there.

I would make a trade for this guy if at all possible. For a year he was Clevelands #1 man. He could give you 10-15 carries a game. Probably better than Leonard Henry. Won't be shell shocked when the REAL games start up (which might happen with a rookie or guy like Henry).

I wouldn't go nuts trying to get him because the Browns will eventually cut him since they have Suggs and Green, but for a low draft pick I would make that trade.

no more picks for marginal players...a like minor and then the morris...and russel just keeps making plays ...i hope he makes the squad

NathanHunt said:
Was my initial thinking. However, I feel S. Morris is having a better camp and might be better suited for between the tackles.

I keep holding my breath to get concrete reports on L. Henry and F. Russell before I feel completely good about our depth.

With our committee approach, I expect 25 - 50 carries to be given to a 3rd back this year. Would be nice to know what we really have there.
I AGREE WITH THAT, I FEEL HE IS A PROVEN BACK AND HE MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO PROVE THAT HE IS NOT A BUST..

NathanHunt said:

Nah man, Cecil rooms with Bubba, Cell Block A's tattoo guy.

I think Cecil is in for a 20 year sentence, so he won't be out for awhile.

Henry and Russell aren't going to see time when the real games start. One will make the team just for depth, but neither will actually play.

James Jackson is proven. Probably more proven than Sammy Morris. If Miami got James Jackson he would bump Russell to the practice squad and probably force Miami to cut Leonard Henry.

The fact James Jackson has actually played in meaningfull NFL games and has game experience as a #1 back makes him too valuable. The guy isn't Jim Brown, but he would clearly make Miami's team and see playing time.

NathanHunt said:
I hear Cecil really regrets his choices. And, he wishes he had to do over again.
He only regrets his choices because he got caught.

MikeO said:
Henry and Russell aren't going to see time when the real games start. One will make the team just for depth, but neither will actually play.

James Jackson is proven. Probably more proven than Sammy Morris. If Miami got James Jackson he would bump Russell to the practice squad and probably force Miami to cut Leonard Henry.

The fact James Jackson has actually played in meaningfull NFL games and has game experience as a #1 back makes him too valuable. The guy isn't Jim Brown, but he would clearly make Miami's team and see playing time.

I dont know about Jackson, he fell out of favor in the middle of the season. Now if we could get him for a 6th or a 7th then why not? I dont care about 6th or 7's when we loaded up with those this past year and seemingly hit on some good ones (pope and Bua). But if cleveland is looking to get some serious pick for him (a 3rd?) forget it. Not worth it. I say Morris and Minor are just as good if not better and they have better attitudes. I also think Russell could be like ricky williams of Indy who filled in for the injured Edge and played admirably and became a spot duty guy for change of pace. I think our RB will enter next year (the real deal).

Back
Top Bottom