James Jackson Rumor.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

James Jackson Rumor....

MikeO said:
Henry and Russell aren't going to see time when the real games start. One will make the team just for depth, but neither will actually play.

James Jackson is proven. Probably more proven than Sammy Morris. If Miami got James Jackson he would bump Russell to the practice squad and probably force Miami to cut Leonard Henry.

The fact James Jackson has actually played in meaningfull NFL games and has game experience as a #1 back makes him too valuable. The guy isn't Jim Brown, but he would clearly make Miami's team and see playing time.
When is the last time Cleveland played in a meaningful NFL game? :roflmao:

NathanHunt said:
The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Tony Grossi has speculated a trade involving James Jackson might be something that would interest the Phins and the CupCakes.

James Jackson.Toni Grossi, The Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Any thoughts on this forgotten soul?

At this point... I personally am against trading draft picks. However, a conditional late round pick might be worth considering.

Give me Travis Minor, and Morris any day of the week!

finfan54 said:
I dont know about Jackson, he fell out of favor in the middle of the season. Now if we could get him for a 6th or a 7th then why not? I dont care about 6th or 7's when we loaded up with those this past year and seemingly hit on some good ones (pope and Bua). But if cleveland is looking to get some serious pick for him (a 3rd?) forget it. Not worth it. I say Morris and Minor are just as good if not better and they have better attitudes. I also think Russell could be like ricky williams of Indy who filled in for the injured Edge and played admirably and became a spot duty guy for change of pace. I think our RB will enter next year (the real deal).

Jackson also started 10 games in 2001 averaging a whopping 2.8 yards a carry!

Morris is a little bigger, and much less injury prone.

I'd take Henry in a second over Jackson, and I'm a Diehard Canes fan.

Back
Top Bottom