Janoris Jenkins available | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Janoris Jenkins available

He called someone a "retard"? Seriously?
He gets cut for saying that?
Should he have just called them a Dumb MFer?

<shrugs> 30+ years ago people called each other that all the time (before the PC movement). Translation? "You're an ignorant idiot, and you have no clue what you're talking about."

That's the facts. I agree it was a very insensitive thing to say, when we consider that is an actual mental condition that some are born with, through no fault of their own.

He called someone a "retard"? Seriously?
He gets cut for saying that?
Should he have just called them a Dumb MFer?

Yes.

Dumb MFer's don't get offended because they aren't usually aware they are dumb MFer's.

Saying the R word in 2019 is beyond unacceptable. Saying the R word is slang used in the hood is even dumber.

Words still matter. Evolution isn't something that happened a long time ago. It's something that will continue to happen forever.

Hard pass on this turd.

Jenkins is not running down jack rabbits in the So Flo cane fields anymore, that's probably a big part of why he has bounced around lately. He never was a chemical engineer, may not be smart enough to pay attention. He was always right on the edge of loosing his scholarship up here. Hard pass.

Calling a fan retarded is just dumb, but refusing to own it until your job on the line is worse.

Apparently he did explain himself, I do wonder if this was more personality decision than a tweet decision
Espn

Yes.

Dumb MFer's don't get offended because they aren't usually aware they are dumb MFer's.

Saying the R word in 2019 is beyond unacceptable. Saying the R word is slang used in the hood is even dumber.

Words still matter. Evolution isn't something that happened a long time ago. It's something that will continue to happen forever.

Hard pass on this turd.

I think cutting him is extreme, but it's not like the Giants are playing for anything, so it makes sense to earn some karma points when nothing is on the line. Your point is correct, though. There's just no need to use language that belittles a group of people. You probably don't need to call someone an idiot, and if you really do, there are a lot of words/phrases that do the trick without belittling anyone except the person you're attacking.

I think Miami MUST sign him. He would be a great fit in THIS defensive scheme. He was not a good fit with the Giants. He still has a good two good years left, which would give Miami time to find and develop a couple of new CBs to replace both he and Howard. It would also lessen the need to draft a CB high in next year's draft with him Howard and Eric Rowe in that secondary.

I think Miami MUST sign him. He would be a great fit in THIS defensive scheme. He was not a good fit with the Giants. He still has a good two good years left, which would give Miami time to find and develop a couple of new CBs to replace both he and Howard. It would also lessen the need to draft a CB high in next year's draft with him Howard and Eric Rowe in that secondary.

Miami MUST roll over cap space. Miami MUST draft corners. Miami MUST not waste it's time with 31 year old DB's.

Living in New York, with many Giants fans friends, and also watching them alot on tv I can tell you Jenkins isn’t that good. Very inconsistent, has good games, then doesn’t show up for several others. Giants fans are happy he is gone.

I live in NY as well. I would agree he has played inconsistent, however, he was grossly overpaid to be a player he was not capable of being. It was simply one of a bunch of terrible signings since their SB teams. IMO the Giants are a perfect example of what Miami should avoid doing to rebuild. Avoid the splashy FA signings and build through the draft. That being said, I really don’t see a team jumping on Jenkins until he clears waivers and loses that $10M+ contract.

Stupidity aside as I read more about how he speaks on the incident, I don’t know how one could say he’s not worth $11mm a year. Of his 22 career picks, 7 have gone for TDs. That’s insane. Now, he may not be as good as he was in the past as he’s 31 but he does have 4 picks this year. He’s also been a tackling machine throughout his career. I like corners who don’t shy away from hitting:
Still say it could be an interesting signing w zero rope for nonesense and laziness. He may be a r____d but he’s a good player (I kid, I kid).

Back
Top Bottom