Jarvis Landry wants his role with Dolphins expanded | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry wants his role with Dolphins expanded

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 10m10 minutes ago Jarvis Landry wants his role with #Dolphins expanded. "I don't want to be limited to a slot player." http://fw.to/GzyL3VR

[URL="https://twitter.com/OmarKelly"]Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
1h1 hour ago [/URL]
Jarvis Landry told me he'd like to continue to be the Dolphins' punt and kickoff returner. He wants more opportunities to "tough the ball."

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 1h1 hour ago
"He's really worked hard, and his route running and fundamentals look very good," Joe Philbin said of Jarvis Landry.

Jarvis Landry will probably lead the team in receptions, but most of those catches will probably come out of the slot.

Heck I want his role expanded to. I'd let him play defense if he could.

I'm sorry but with other players on the roster Mr.Landry absolutely, barring an injury shouldn't be handling Punt/Kick duties. Also with great deference, he doesn't have the skills-set to dominated on the outside like he does in the slot. Give him a few shots here and there on the boundary mixing it up...sure but nothing full-time.

I'm sorry but with other players on the roster Mr.Landry absolutely, barring an injury shouldn't be handling Punt/Kick duties. Also with great deference, he doesn't have the skills-set to dominated on the outside like he does in the slot. Give him a few shots here and there on the boundary mixing it up...sure but nothing full-time.

Agreed, I have high hopes Jones fills that duty

Considering that reports are that Jennings was lining up in the slot today, I think he will get his shot playing outside on some plays. Separation is what counts.

Welker didn't have to play outside to contribute considerately .....

Landry can play in the slot and still terrorize the league . The days of having to play outside to be considering a huge threat are over .

Landry should stay inside ... With Parker at 1 and Stills and Jennings sharing time on the left and fighting for the #2 and #4 on this roster .

Can he kick field goals?

There were pics from last week's OTAs of Landry and Parker BOTH lined up outside together on the right. Stills has been getting a lot of work from Hartline's previous spot.

temp052715-ota-jw1351--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Some of his catches inside 5 on returns make me want to never see him return another punt. I hope C Jones takes that job away.
Just when we thought this kid was special, he became a diva.

i too really want him replaced as a return man. maybe this year it wont cringe me as much since our wr talent should be improved. maybe let him stay in as KR, but PR needs to definately be replaced. he's our number 3 returning weapon behind tannehill and miller. also it was mentioned last week at OTA's that the wr's were lining up in every position. i know he feels he wants to compete with his old running mate beckham and that 9 YAR isnt gonna put him in that class. he lines out wide he has a better chance of a blown coverage and breaking a big one compared to cutting across middle and having to dodge 3-4 tackles for a big one.

i dunno how all our WR/TE will pan out because i really dont know everything about our new additions. but i think Parker and Stills would contribute most from the outside, i think jennings will contribute from wherever he's lined up and this is the man that needs landry in his back pocket at all times. Landry can be a greg jennings and put the team on his back. i even thing we see Jordan on the outside just as much as landry. if matthews is still with the team and sees playing time his best feature will also be as an outside wr.

our slot experts and racking up receptions would be landry and jennings i would think. i posted in the VIP after the draft how this could be a record setting year if everyong checked their egos at the door, never thought landry would be one of those types, and who knows maybe he just wants the touches cause he thinks he could help the team to win. my thoughts were that parker and matthews would be the issues with me me me. i hope we keep matthews and he sucks it up and the lil playing time he gets barring injury he balls out trying to get his contract somewhere next season. and if he does i wish him the best of luck. but landry has to look at the roster and be a team player

parker....best postion....outside WR (did he ever play in the slot in college?)
stills......best postion.....outside WR (never really saw any highlights of him playing in the slot)
jennings..best position...anywhere on the field he can line up, he can put the team on the back even with a broken leg
matthews...best position...outside, will he be able to man up and play a 5th fiddle role hoping for his time to come
cameron...best postion...seem threat...in this offense can also line up outside to cause crazy mismatches or defensive headaches

we dont want to call landry a diva after year one, but im sure it hurts a little because he will always compare himself with OBJ/. the YPR is gonna be his biggest frowning point.

matthews...best position...outside, will he be able to man up and play a 5th fiddle role hoping for his time to come

Rishard Matthews can play outside, but I think he might be better in the slot.

It should be noted that in his best game (2013 vs Tampa Bay), where he racked up 11 catches, 120 yds, 2 TDs, he was operating out of the slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Landry better not expect MORE opportunities when we have Stills, Parker, Jennings and Cameron on board now. There are only so many footballs to go around.

Back
Top Bottom