Jarvis Landry wants his role with Dolphins expanded | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry wants his role with Dolphins expanded

Landry better not expect MORE opportunities when we have Stills, Parker, Jennings and Cameron on board now. There are only so many footballs to go around.

Why shouldn't he? He's the only one on the roster with an established rapport with Tannehill. His skill set fits exactly what the dolphins are trying to do and are able to do with the mediocre offensive line. I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't top 100 receptions.

Landry can top 100 catches easily.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Hell he would've had 100 had he got starter reps week 1 last year.

I think you will see the WRs move around alot in this offense, they couldnt do that last year as most WRs were flawed into playing one spot, ie. Hartline would get destroyed playing the slot, Mike Wallace is not though enough and wont make the though catch in traffic nevermind his route running... while Landry might not be at his best on the outside, its not hard to imagine him doing well in certain situations given the look this offense can give. I mean if landry is lining up out side, you probably have Parker and Stills on the opposite and Cameron in the middle... Good luck with that when the opposing d faces that look for the fist time... On the next play they`ll give you a completely different look with the TE lining up on the outside... This is why you simply cant make the arhument that this group isnt more talented than last years group... Every single one of the new additions are more complete receivers than last years crew.... We dont have the fastest man in the NFL, but we brought in someone who`s fast enough that brings a whole lot more than just that for a fraction of the price... Hartline needs no explanations neither does Gibson... Its going to be very fun to watch.

I think you will see the WRs move around alot in this offense, they couldnt do that last year as most WRs were flawed into playing one spot, ie. Hartline would get destroyed playing the slot, Mike Wallace is not though enough and wont make the though catch in traffic nevermind his route running... while Landry might not be at his best on the outside, its not hard to imagine him doing well in certain situations given the look this offense can give. I mean if landry is lining up out side, you probably have Parker and Stills on the opposite and Cameron in the middle... Good luck with that when the opposing d faces that look for the fist time... On the next play they`ll give you a completely different look with the TE lining up on the outside... This is why you simply cant make the arhument that this group isnt more talented than last years group... Every single one of the new additions are more complete receivers than last years crew.... We dont have the fastest man in the NFL, but we brought in someone who`s fast enough that brings a whole lot more than just that for a fraction of the price... Hartline needs no explanations neither does Gibson... Its going to be very fun to watch.

^^this!
We are going to see a lot of positional movement in the receivers this year. They are all going to be moving around a lot to confuse defenses and create mismatches.

Agree. This offense has potential.

I, too, see multiple formations from play to play.

One that intrigues me is; Trips on the left side with 1) Stills on the LOS out wide, Landry in the the slot, & Parker as a Wingback flanking Albert. Tannehill in the Pistol w/ Ajayi to his right, & Sims as inline TE next to J James

How exactly does one "tough the ball"? Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Omar is such a tool.

Don't worry young man. You'll get yours.

There are many things to blast Omar about, but I wouldn't count this as one of them. Autocorrect is a bitch.

All of our Wide receivers will see time at every single position. We now have the flexibility and talent across the board to really put Lazors offense to work this year. I agree Landry should not see the field on returns unless it is crunch time and we need sure hands and a game changing play.

There are many things to blast Omar about, but I wouldn't count this as one of them. Autocorrect is a bitch.

Yeah, I guess when "journalism" is performed mostly on twatter via a smart phone, these things are bound to happen.

Omar is still a tool though.

with this coaching staff, i'm not 100% sure he gets that shot. unless its bye accident, like what happened to Jenkins last year.

All of our Wide receivers will see time at every single position. We now have the flexibility and talent across the board to really put Lazors offense to work this year. I agree Landry should not see the field on returns unless it is crunch time and we need sure hands and a game changing play.

Landry shouldn't be the return man at all. He lacks speed to be a great return man. They should actually give Stills a chance to be a return man. He has the speed that could be dangerous.

Landry is just hungry, man our offense will be fun to watch. We just need a running back that can block..

He's a scrappy dude put him anywhere he can be effective. Itd be awesome if him and parker turn into Tannehill's version of Duper and Clayton.

word is already out there that philbin wants all the WRs to be able to play XYZ.... Landry is going to play more than Slot this year.

Back
Top Bottom