Jarvis Landry wants his role with Dolphins expanded | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry wants his role with Dolphins expanded

nah, maybe a little rotation to keep the d on their toes but he is better suited to slot and we have more athletic outside options

I'm sorry but with other players on the roster Mr.Landry absolutely, barring an injury shouldn't be handling Punt/Kick duties. Also with great deference, he doesn't have the skills-set to dominated on the outside like he does in the slot. Give him a few shots here and there on the boundary mixing it up...sure but nothing full-time.

Love the type of player he is, and love even more the type of player he could end up becoming, but like you said, he is in the best position right now to help the team as a slot receiver, but because he is so important to the Dolphins plans, leaving him to field Punts and Kickoffs is a huge no no.

I also agree to mix things up, moving him around every now and then is not a bad idea.

Considering that reports are that Jennings was lining up in the slot today, I think he will get his shot playing outside on some plays. Separation is what counts.

To his credit, though he does not have blazing speed, he does move around very well, and is a very smart/precise route runner.

Yeah, I guess when "journalism" is performed mostly on twatter via a smart phone, these things are bound to happen.

Omar is still a tool though.

Unfortunately, we live in an age where the majority of REAL journalism comes from Twitter (Shaun King's police brutality coverage is second to none) and Comedy Central ("Daily Show" and "Nightly Show".)

...multiple formations multiple sets multiple motion packages etc. make for multiple headaches and mismatches for the opposing D!

If Philbin can stay out of the mix it might work!

I'm not sure why people are viewing this statement as a bad thing. Landry worked his butt off last year. He fought for catches that other, higher paid receivers would have given up on. He fought for yardage and positioning and was easily our most reliable receiver. This is no indication of malcontent, it's a reflection of his work ethic and the expectations he has for himself. And you know what? If this offense clicks the way it should on paper there will be plenty of touches to go around, regardless of where he lines up (which will probably be all over the place anyway). Compared to the statements former receivers here have made I don't think this is a bad thing at all.

I would never take Landry off the field offensively. In one or two WR sets he should play on the outside, but he is obviously better in the slot.
As has been mentioned, Welker was able to have 110+ catch 1200+ yard seasons playing almost strictly out of the slot. You can dominate at that position.

Back
Top Bottom